Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: Usage of /anon and /role
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed recently that more and more people are wandering around with /role or /anon turned on. I can understand clerics trying to hide from rez requests, and maybe chanters, but some days the majority of the guild is in "stealth mode."

For starters, the only difference between /role and /anon is whether your guild tag shows up. Unless you're ashamed of what guild you're in, use /role instead of /anon. This is also stated in the Guild Rules:
Guild Rules Wrote:Use of /anonymous is not permitted. Use of /roleplay is allowed, but members are strongly encouraged to remain visible in /who at all times.

Using /role is great for bazaar traders and buff-bots; it keeps newbs from asking your bot to join their group. I also use it occasionally when I'm playing while semi-afk, and can't join in a group, or if I just don't want people to bother me.

On the other hand, if you want help on a quest, or if you've got a group going, or you'd just like some company, make yourself visible. When I do a /who and see someone off in a crazy zone hunting shards or other quest stuff, there's a good chance I'll drop by to help. On the other hand, if I just see a bunch of [ANONYMOUS], I'll just go off and do my own thing.
i just get the impression that most people don't want to be bothered so i don't log on outside of raids anymore.

Sad
I have been using /anon to spend long times in Kael. I simply forget to turn it off.
I use /anon to be consistent with my rl social tendencies :p

(yeah, it's fucking annoying)
I do use /role on Daria and Eraiya a LOT. I log in and by the time those characters actually pop in PoK (where I camp them) I might have up to 5 people asking for KEI, haste, 9, Regen, FoE. Thing is...I think the names are known and the fact that they are alts played by one person. I get tells to Daria for KEI, etc.

I really DON'T mind buffing but it does get a bit insane at times. What's the command to hide your toon's NAME? Lol.
I think the command you're looking for is /afk. Smile
I usually pop /role on when going into PoK. Like Rsy,I don't mind buffing, but, and especially if I am in a rush, it is onerous to get constant tells for KEI. If I'm just hanging around I'm always totalyl visible though. Even while grouped sometimes I get tells for KEI and will gladly offer if they would travel to my group's location (and they often do!)
KEI makes the world go round.
For my toons, Medi is almost always role only anon if it is a mistake

But Kaboom shouldn't be either unless it is a mistake or I am mostly afk.
Generally I don't use either tag. But a few times recently, I was having some RL issues and didn't want to talk to anyone. I logged on solely to slaughter things and de-stress. So you may have seen me /role or /anon. Generally I agree that people shouldn't run around with them all the time, but ultimately it comes back to the fact that this is a game. People play for different reasons, enjoy it in different ways, and don't always want to be sociable.

/shrug
Redleaf Wrote:I use /anon to be consistent with my rl social tendencies :p

(yeah, it's fucking annoying)

Can you bof (I mean buff) me IRL too?!
Kelluae Wrote:I logged on solely to slaughter things and de-stress.

Yeah, due to RL, sometimes lately I log on for just 10-15 mins to blow some quick steam, so I stay quiet and invisible.
Starsha Wrote:Can you bof (I mean buff) me IRL too?!

Would love to dear.