Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: Quillmane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quillmane in the flesh!

As my level of bordem increased, I decided to make my nightly journey to South Karana and see if I could, by off chance, be the one to spawn Quillmane. After countless hours, spent since I was in my mid 40's, I had begun to research more in depth, different theories on the spawn cycle of Quillmane. A certain article on rpgexpert, found here (which may or may not still work) said that among others, the escaped splitpaw gnolls are on Quillmanes spawn cycle. Everytime Im checking my track screen, while passing through South Karana, this mob, more than any of the other placeholders stands out, so I instinctively seek out and kill this mob before any others. Watching my track screen carefully, not even thinking that seeing Quillmane was even a possibility, I almost had a heart attack when his name was at the top of my list. I ran as fast as i could, tracking to him, and killed his ass with a single nuke, forgetting that the Pegasus Feather Cloak was a NODROP item, and the rot timer would not be long enough for Kyth to log on, and find a port, and make the run to the location of death. I looted the corpse to find only some Feathered Leggings and i was strangely relieved. The guild told me that there was a chance that he could spawn again, a short 30 seconds after his death. I checked my track screen repeatedly, the instant it would allow me to refresh. To my dismay, only an escaped splitpaw gnoll spawned, but I ran to him, and killed him right away. shortly thereafter, another escaped splitpaw gnoll spawned, very near the last, and again, I killed him. The very next spawn was, indeed, yet another Quillmane. I freaked out and told the guild, someone got on IM with kyth and she logged on immediately, got a port from Flubwardpants, and ran to South Karana. While this was happening, fearing a possible despawn, I casted my "weak ass epic DoT" on Quill to gain aggro, and began to run him north, in the hopes of meeting Kyth partway, in case my DoT just so happened to kill him. I parked Quill near the NK/SK zoneline, and waited for Kyth. When she arrived, I let her have the finishing blow (he was at 6%, cause i know clerics arent known for their DPS =P pwnt). We quickly grouped, and she kneeled to loot his corpse.

Kyth tells the group, "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG"

She got the cloak which she has been camping for some time now, and I couldnt have been happier. Its a huge deal cause spawning Quill is so very rare by itself, then to add onto that the chances of getting the cloak, which is his rare drop, is 1 in 10 kills, also, this is 1 of 2(?) cleric usable, non-charged, levitation clickies in the entire game? dont tell me if Im wrong, it will only kill the buzz.

1st Kill yielded: Feathered Leggings

2nd kill yielded: Pegasus Feathered Cloak

that is all... now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Frer-Human Healer Guy & Stuff

Shooter-Pimp Ranjah

You're right.

I've spent 3 full days (woke up, camped Quill all day, went to bed) camping him and well as a few nights there and in CT.

I'm stubbornly independent and REALLY wanted to be able to cast my travel spells myself. This was the last one I was needing, and I couldn't even put into words how happy it made me.

Thank you Frer. Thank you so much!

--

Kyth, Officer of Temerity

Random quote: (Click here to view all quotes)

Awesome work Frer.... if I ever got bored enough to actually try and get my epic I'll call on your talents to see if you can help me get that cloak as well.... but dont count on it

Grats to Frer and Kyth!!

-Sind

Sindailia
Evil, very evil!

"The semi-maniacal drive to progress is one of our defining characteristics" - Piamiles
I may still continue to camp the CT shield (it's instant cast which is particularly nice) and if I do I'll have a cloak to MQ.

If I don't... sorry, this cloak is MINE.

--

Kyth, Officer of Temerity

Random quote: (Click here to view all quotes)