Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: Druid vs The Turtle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Crossposted from this thread at EQMac.com.)

I've been wanting to take on Lodizal for a while, ever since I read about the little level 5 turtle with a crazy number of HPs that you can charm to kill him. Well, little Corudoth got nerfed so he's not druid charmable, and my plan got put on hold.

I still needed some sort of pet to tank for me, as druids aren't really built to take a beating. Hi Stormfeather, feel like tanking?

Stormy's only level 35 with about 3k HPs, so I figured I'd need to "upgrade" him a little bit. Thanks to Eildar for summoning every mage toy imaginable, including a full set of phantom plate. That and every buff in the druid spellbook got Stormy up to about 4300 HPs. Add in another 100k HPs in healing, and it was just enough.

I put a damage shield on Stormy, which gradually knocked Lodi down 40 pts at a time. I'm sure Stormy's attack did some damage, but it wasn't impressive. My total damage done was a single mace swing for 34 as Lodi was running away. No speed records here, I was too busy healing to cast any DPS.

Finally, as I was down to about 20% mana...

Loot was a Club of the Ice Ocean, Knotted Turtlebone Ring, shell piece, map piece, and, of course, a long-time goal reached.

--
Dwin Gamgee
CH Droid #3
Magelo
Amazingly funny and cool! Great job Dwin.

Redleaf
Go Dwin!! Congratulations!!

Haha, cool Dwin.

Socratus Wittgenstein - Dwarf Archon
Zinovia AnkleBiter - Gnome Coercer
Zivra Nomokei - Iksar Beastlord
Calligrapher, Cook, Crocheter of Afghans, Illuminator, Jeweler, Seamstress, Weaver (and my characters have some tradeskills too)
Love to see stuff like this! yeah Dwin!

Danidianya Whitestar

Warder of Al'Kabor

Protector of Jaggedpine

Fletcher of Temerity

Danidianya