Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: Bango
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I've been looking forward to submitting an application to Temerity for a while now, and just recently (today) hit level 50!

1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.) I as of now only have 1 official sponsor (Taelor) but I have spoken to many of you over the course of the last few weeks and I think one of you (*cough* Pithy *cough*) may agree to be my 2nd sponsor.

2. How do you know each of your sponsors? I grouped with Taelor in HHK for Gobs and we hit it off (we both live in NYC, and we both share an affinity for expired dairy products).  I've kept in touch with him ever since (albeit less so recently with the holidays).

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo.

Bango - 51 Ogre Warrior
http://www.takproject.net/magelo/charact...char=Bango

4. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky?

EB - Fishbone Earring
Gate - working on this
Invis - Larrikan's mask
Levitate - working on this

5. What alts do you have (name/class/level)? 

Frankie - 45 Ogre Shaman
http://www.takproject.net/magelo/charact...ar=Frankie

Plaps - 44 Dark Elf Cleric

http://www.takproject.net/magelo/charact...char=Plaps

6. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule?  

I am on EST, my typical play schedule is 8PM EST until midnight, but I do sometimes work from home (2 times a week) and would be available earlier.  My weekend availability (Fri/Sat night) is limited.

7. Where and when have you played EQ before? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in. 

I played live EQ on the Povar server.

8. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids?

Despite playing since launch of EQ, I never raided on my Druid until PoP.  I started playing an EQ emu some of you may be familiar with (Shards of Dalaya) in 2006.  While it had custom content the classes had the same roles, the mechanics of fights were more complex/involved (akin to early WoW).  I played on SoD for 6 years, for the last 2 years of which I was the founder & leader of the top raiding guild (my Paladin is still #1 there and I haven't played there in years, haha).

So while my previous vanilla EQ raiding experience was a loooong time ago, I understand the fundamentals of an effective & efficient raid.

9. Why do you want to join Temerity?

Everyone that I have spoken to in Temerity has been super nice & helpful.  I am also looking first and foremost for a good fit.  What is more important to me than progressing my characters is guild atmosphere & philosophy.  I play this game to have fun, and while pixels are sweet it's the relationships & guild progression that keep me around Smile

10. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?

Fun! (also, see above)

11. Anything else you want us to know?
Welcome to the boards!

I'm away for the next week or two, but look forward to getting to know you in January.
Hi Bango!

I'm happy to see your application! We've grouped a few times in HHK and talked about Temerity a little. 

I would offer to be a sponsor, but my warrior (Roneb) is only level 42 and therefore I haven't had a chance to be very active in guild activities on the new Al'Kabor. In any case, it's always been a pleasure to XP and I'm happy you are interested in joining!
Hey Bango! Looking forward to meeting you in game. Very stoked to see you apply.
Awesome to see this app. As noted, I've been away most of the holidays, but I look forward to assuming sponsorship duties upon my return.

-Taelor
Bangorang! Glad to see the app Smile