Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: Cookies Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all! 

I'm Cookies, I came to Takproject this December. I've bounced around most zones, died in many of them, made a lot of noise in the Alliance chat and had lots of fun in between! 

1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.) 

Sketchy and Dobbis are my sponsors. 

2. How do you know each of your sponsors? 

I know Sketchy from our alliance parties, but in truth he's the guy who I always ask for advice and help getting my Paladin in order. I dragged him out to Western Wastes to help with the Bracer of Benevolence quest and the Strength of the Elements quest. Stand up guy. 

I met Dobbis back in Crushbone and he has helped me immensely since then. That includes too many quests to remember (Eye patch of plunder etc), helping me learn how to play a wizard, and actually getting me started with multiboxing. When I came to Takproject I single boxed Cookies up to level 60, THEN decided to make a trio. Dobbis helped me get my paladin and wizard up to Cookies' level.

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo. 

Cookies, 60 Barbarian Shaman
https://www.takproject.net/magelo/charac...ar=Cookies 

4. What is your handle on the TAKP forums?

ToastedCookies 

5. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky? 

Fishbone earring, Lodizal Shell Shield, Knotted Turtle Bone Ring 
I have Larrikan's mask, invisibility potions. 
I usually just cast levitate with the shaman on each character in the group. 
Wizard for ports (but I can do the Leatherskull Cap quest if need be) 

My insta-click item is the Shrunken Goblin Skull earring (I camped it for 3 hours in Warsilks Woods and use it a million times a day when Canni-dancing). 

6. What alts do you have (name/class/level)?

Pasta, 60 Half Elf Paladin 
https://www.takproject.net/magelo/charac...char=Pasta 

Veggies, 60 Gnome Wizard 
https://www.takproject.net/magelo/charac...ar=Veggies 

7. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule? 

I live in Philadelphia, EST. I play in the morning 9am for a couple hours while drinking my coffee and doing chores. And I return after making dinner usually around 6pm. I try to be in bed by 11pm. 

8. Where and when have you played EQ prior to TAKP? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in. 
I played on Tallon Zek from 2000 to maybe 2002. I was not in a guild on Tallon Zek (that I can remember?).

9. Have you been in other guilds on TAKP? If so, why did you leave? 

Yes, up until May I was in Black Sheep. 

In ramping up to our Emperor attempt I power leveled my Paladin and Wizard to 60 in maybe a couple weeks and then attempted to get my entire trio keyed for the attempt in a manner of days. I ended up burning out really badly. During that week I made heaven and earth move in my personal life just to get into the emperor's chamber. We waiting for hours for the emperor to spawn, and when midnight hit and he still wasn't there I just wanted nothing more from this game. Many good friends in the guild told me to take a break. Unfortunately, some folks in the guild didn't take me wanting to leave so well and became hostile. 

After maybe 3 weeks away from it, I came back to EQ, and decided that I can't be on a PST schedule, and wasn't sure I wanted to do anymore raiding. I returned my droppable gear and left the guild. Since then I've been doing lots of small group stuff, farming platinum, doing all sorts of quests and really enjoying the game again. Without a guild I joined some pick up raids with you (AoW), Destiny (Trakanon, Rumble Crush) and an open pickup raid by Flark (Rumble Crush). After doing that (and not getting in bed at 2am) I decided to attempt that part of Everquest again. 

10. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids? 

I have played mostly a shaman but recently began boxing a wizard and paladin as well.
 -Trakanon 
-Velketor 
-Avatar of War/Statue/Tormax/Vindi
 -Plane of Growth (back on Tallon Zek)
 -Deep Burrower 
-Yelinak
 -Seru 
-High Priest/ Arch Lich 
-Cursed 
-Sleepers Tomb
 -Rumble Crush
 -Temple of Veeshan 

11. Why do you want to join Temerity?

I’m looking for new challenges. This game so many layers, and while I have a blast doing small group things for the past 2 months, I’m itching to try new things and die a couple times in the attempt (after killing a dragon with a single group I’m setting my sights higher)! 

In addition I really like Dobbis and Sketchy and want to get a chance to raid with them. They've always been very patient with me and eager help me out. I tagged along with Temerity to get a faction hit in Kael and really liked how smooth everything seemed to run. Everyone was very friendly, competent and the encounter was done really quickly. Most importantly everyone was welcoming to me, even when I made it clear I wasn't an applicant at the time.

12. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?

I'm not interested in loot or being the best shaman on the server. 
When I played on Tallon Zek 20 years ago it was a very toxic place (pvp server) and the top guild (Pandemonium) completely shut everyone out of Luclin and all the major raiding content. I only got up to level 57 until the corpse camping and grief-ing made me not want to play anymore. 

I want to play Everquest with Temerity to get a chance to see all the zones I never got to see in live, and attempt the monsters I didn't even know existed!

13. Anything else you want us to know?

Sometimes I ask a lot of questions, because I like to learn and I don't want to wipe everyone out for doing something I shouldn't have!
I like to help out newbies to the server and I'm a really positive, nice guy. 
I'm don't have a competitive bone in my body.

Thanks all!
Good to see your app Cookies!
Great to see your application! I would work on a leatherfoot cap, buy some gate potions from me, or buy one of those 1k instagates. I can also hook you up with an OT Hammer, but you don't want to be hammering off a mob in VT. Could also make some Thurg gate potions yourself
Glad to see your post and look forward to raids with you.
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around
shamans can just cast invis / gate / levitate / etc, he doesn't need to bust his chops.
Yea gate is fine for a shaman.

However if you find yourself wanting to bind in obscure locations like maybe Umbral Plains during VT Raid rotation or PoMischief for awhile, having a Spiritstone is very valuable for a shaman to be able to get back to a zone 1 minute away from a PoK book.

See here - https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=9739

The only non-vendor sold piece in the 335 trivial combine is a ground spawn/drop from Innothule Swamp - https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=19193. Beyond that it is about 250plat per combine and the combine is a 50% success rate at max pottery so expect needing around 2~ of the ground spawns and 500plat to succeed. After getting that combine done you would need a Divine Crystalline Glaze which does have 2 droppable components (Iron Oxide/Permafrost Crystals).

If you're interested and motivated to gather several of those mushrooms I can attempt the combines for you, I have spare glazes on hand so you'd only need the mushroom piece and a little plat.

All that aside, happy to see your application! I look forward to seeing even more priest mains at raids!
Hi all,
I'm trying to finish up Cookies' shards at the moment (I think he only needs Acrylia and Ssra, I looted a rotting ME shard but can't remember which toon got it)  as well as his emperor key. I think he only needs comm2. 

Sketchy, the Leatherfoot Skullcap quest looks really fun, once I get a couple more of these shards done I'm going to do it a couple times. Darchon, those spiritstones look cool too (Dobbis has been bugging me about getting into Plane of Mischief as well), I'll put that on the list as well.

Thanks everyone!!!
(07-22-2020, 03:03 PM)CookiesCookies Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
I'm trying to finish up Cookies' shards at the moment (I think he only needs Acrylia and Ssra, I looted a rotting ME shard but can't remember which toon got it)  as well as his emperor key. I think he only needs comm2. ...
you can Search Inventory on the TAKP web site to track that down:
accounts/chars: https://www.takproject.net/forums/tools....ol=account

Inventories: https://www.takproject.net/forums/tools....invlisting
Sometimes it's nice to have gate options for reasons such as Darchon suggestion. If your getting hit and cant get gate memmed your going to have a hard time. The halfling caps are rechargeable for like 80pp. Thurg gate potions are another cheap doable option. Faithstones are decent too.
Boy I would not rely on a faithstone in an emergency. 30 second cast !  

Howlinmad used to sell the Halfling caps.  Wonder if he has any left.

Like Darchon, I am happy to pot up a spiritstone for you.
Another main slower..... i like this.