Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check it out and be sure to cleek the link to the this narrated gallery...

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/
Interesting... I resemble nothing of Mang! (thankfully) =P
He has a couple of interesting comments in there. One was that extroverted people tend to have multiple personalities online, while introverts have only one. I'd like to know if by "personalities" he means just number of characters, or the way that you play each character.

...and yes...I look exactly like Nikolai. Fur, tail, whiskers and all... Wink
I'm nowhere near to balding in RL, nor do I have red hair, or white hair for all you gnome low-res users. The only knives I use in real life is when I get inspired and chef it up...but all my knifes are dull as shit. As for avatars? Ok, so I'm a little old school, have dark hair, and ride a motor cycle. Between a hot chicks legs? I was drunk in Mexico and plead the 5th:p
Nikolai Wrote:He has a couple of interesting comments in there. One was that extroverted people tend to have multiple personalities online, while introverts have only one. I'd like to know if by "personalities" he means just number of characters, or the way that you play each character.

I don't remember the exact wording, but I think he meant both the number of characters that one plays as well as the way you choose to make your character(s) look and act. I know I chose Kell to look kind of like me--or the way I'd like to look (although no one over the age of 16 is that skinny unless they're anorexic). I'm on the short side, light brown hair, usually about shoulder length though I'm trying to grow it out right now so I can donate it, and hazel-green eyes. I have alts but I've never enjoyed them as much, partly because they don't feel as much like "me". And I am definitely a huge introvert (though it may not seem as much like it to all of you).
It's funny actually. I play Baj for the most part very quiet. He's all work. I can't really type that much cause the fingers are always busy so maybe that's part of it. Jabbo on the other hand just makes me happy. I like him outgoing and talkative. Go figure.
Bajjo Wrote:It's funny actually. I play Baj for the most part very quiet. He's all work. I can't really type that much cause the fingers are always busy so maybe that's part of it. Jabbo on the hand just makes me happy. I like him outgoing and talkative. Go figure.
I still can't believe that people haven't figured out you are Ron Jeremy! :eek:
Dirk Diggler here but an avatar would be innapropriate for our little family guild :p
Nikolai Wrote:He has a couple of interesting comments in there. One was that extroverted people tend to have multiple personalities online, while introverts have only one. I'd like to know if by "personalities" he means just number of characters, or the way that you play each character.

...and yes...I look exactly like Nikolai. Fur, tail, whiskers and all... Wink

I don't recall his exact wording, but I do remember him saying that "people who choose an avatar that is similar to their real self tend to be introverted", thus it would stand to reason that people who choose something that is nothing like them tend to be extroverted. Which makes me wonder... what does it mean when you choose something that's not even human-ish, or at least a similar species??? What about people who choose to be animals? O god... am I a schizophrenic???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I look exactly like this in real life.
I look like Saen in real life for the most part. Different skin color, hairstyle, and face, but similar body structure and level of hotness.
Saenayil Wrote:I look like Saen in real life for the most part. Different skin color, hairstyle, and face, but similar body structure and level of hotness.
Well Saen, we could always paint you blue.
Zinovia Wrote:Well Saen, we could always paint you blue.

Can we use lead based paint? Please, please, please?
I actually chose to play a Barbarian because they're tall. I'm almost 6', and my sister is 6'2" (almost 6'3") (nearly 6'5" in heels, yeah, OMGz).

I'm not hawt like Rheyn, and I totally DO NOT run like a prissy. I do have a few other characteristics in common with Rheyn, but I didn't notice the similarities until a while after playing.

And Deths...he's only evil like his avatar, he looks nothing like him.
As some will attest I am exactly like Wotank in RL. That is why I am such a shy and retiring person.
Pages: 1 2