Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: The last three VP dragons die for the first time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On June 28th, a small intrepid band of seven forced their way into the home of some of Kunark's most secretive foes - Veeshan's Peak. After first defeating Hoshkar and Silverwing, and opening the path inward, the party then took down the three never before defeated beasts. First was Nexona:
[Image: nexona.jpg]
Next was Druushk:
[Image: druushk.jpg]
And finally fell Xygoz:
[Image: xygoz.jpg]
Alas, Phara Dar and her bodyguards proved to be too much for this band of adventurers, but as they left, they vowed to return to fight again.

As a side note, I was rather impressed with some of the artistic detail that went into the zone. Here, in the great hall in VP, we saw a series of murals, commemorating the discovery of Norrath by Veeshan herself, and her placing her mark on the world:
[Image: vpa1.jpg]
[Image: vpa2.jpg]
[Image: vpa3.jpg]
[Image: vpa4.jpg]
NICE!!!

Tolnak
Quote Cromer:
"we saw a series of murals, commemorating the discovery of Norrath by Veeshan herself, and her placing her mark on the world:"

I kick myself every time I see a reference to Veeshan and the formation of Norrath. Back in 1999 when i bought my original copy of EQ it came with this really cool opening movie about how the world was formed ect. I'd love to watch it again sometime if I could.

I wonder if it's floating out on the net somewhere?

/em ponders
it kind of makes me sad that the lore of everquest has been pretty much abandoned. i remember reading about various dragons and whatnot and wanting to start playing eq because of crazy plot and stories etc. but yeah... not so much anymore.
Redleaf Wrote:I kick myself every time I see a reference to Veeshan and the formation of Norrath. Back in 1999 when i bought my original copy of EQ it came with this really cool opening movie about how the world was formed ect. I'd love to watch it again sometime if I could.

/em ponders
Launch the EverQuestLP

Click on EverQuestLP in the upper left menu

Click on About EverQuestLP

Enjoy your movie. Big Grin
That was a fun trip! Thanks for posting some pics Cromis.
Haldricoth Wrote:it kind of makes me sad that the lore of everquest has been pretty much abandoned. i remember reading about various dragons and whatnot and wanting to start playing eq because of crazy plot and stories etc. but yeah... not so much anymore.

Yeah when I was back in school and eq pc was out and the first expansions were being released I fondly remember the coolness factor of the game and the dragon lore. I wanted to play the game so badly because it sounded awesome. But I had a mac (and uber crappy lol) at the time. My first introduction to the whole concept of raiding was when my friend told me about "these 3 dragons that are so powerful that it takes 30 people working in unison to kill them!" Ah good time.
Redleaf Wrote:Quote Cromer:
"we saw a series of murals, commemorating the discovery of Norrath by Veeshan herself, and her placing her mark on the world:"

I kick myself every time I see a reference to Veeshan and the formation of Norrath. Back in 1999 when i bought my original copy of EQ it came with this really cool opening movie about how the world was formed ect. I'd love to watch it again sometime if I could.

/em ponders
Red, try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSh6qYqxxg

Tolnak
EQ lore is far far too fun.

Thanks for those SS's Cromis, that's awesome Smile.
Starsha and Rheyn got together to do this little promo video... we finally found it!

:o

Wow, I used to be hott!