Top 5 Favorite Zones
Humm, I love to solo...

1. Wakening Land - It's where I cut my teeth learning to root park and single burn down root parked adds in a self adding zone. This was back when my old mac was SO slow that I could have FoE on and still couldn't out run a snared mob. It was root park or death. I also loved the colors and running about looking for yew leaves. I need to find a mac with an ATI Rage 128 chipset to do that again, the current one doesn't draw ground spawn well.

2. The Warrens - God I loved that zone. It's where I first grouped back in April 2004. I wish the warrior I grouped with was still on the server. It also taught me about how mobs add, low hp aggro and was the zone that really got me hooked to EQ. +2 Agi armor drops Wow! That's amazing. Gnos is getting close to ally in Paneel thanks to that zone.

3. Grieg's End - I mainly love that zone just for trying to hellishly find out which mobs drop what. I've added about a 1/3rd to the known knowledge base in that zone, but as of late I'm burnt out of it. I'll get back to seeing who drops what sometime next year or the year after.

4. Plane of Hate - This is my recent favorite. I just love the challenge of breaking that zone and making it so that I can run freely just about where ever I like barring those dang golems and mini-bosses. I'm guessing by the time I've finished gearing up in VT I'll be able to do all but the golems/Master of Spite and Inny there. I think I burnt 4 to 5 stacks of stones porting myself up to PoHate during September and October doing CRs and learning the place.

5. Old Sebilis - A great zone to muck about solo in. The first time I was able to break the pool/jail room was awesome as was soloing all the way to the juggs and later on to Trak each spaced out by about a year. Heh, I've since done solo naked CRs (self buffed) to get my corpse at Trakanon's feet. I still haven't been able to break the Spore King's room solo and KEEP it broken, break yes, hold the camp, no.

Cool list Gnos. Some nice picks.

1. Howling Stones. A zone with good character, tons of back story (Made by the Shissar, left abandoned, rebuilt as Venril's summer home, became Drusella's crypt), and a really cool key system.

2. Chardok. Great named, good quests, some interesting back story (Korocust's a traitor and working for Venril Sathir, one of the higher ups is a traitor working for the Ring of Scale, Iksar working for the Sarnaks), some cool quests, and great design.

3. Revamped Temple of Cazic Thule. Great events, cool named, and the original design and premise of the zone was good to begin with.

4. Fungus Grove. I love the Caller Cycle.

5. Pre-Revamp (Our current) Veeshan's Peak. Looks great, has awesome story, and lots of character. Several drops there are so unique and completely underrated.

These are always fun:

1) Emerald Jungle - This zone has a real jungle feel (easy to get lost, beasts around every tree or bush) and if you play there at an appropriate level wandering through here will scare the shit out of you!

2) Kaesora - On the way to EJ, you'd better bring a porter or get ready for the ultimate low-level dungeon crawl

3) Sebilis - SPeaking on dungeon crawls, none is better than this. Top it off with a bad-ass dragon and killer booty ftw.

4) PLane of Justice - Corinth showed me around here during my first PLanar outing. It was love at first sight. Nothing like killing prisoners along with some bug-ridden caves to make things exciting. Not only that, but trials for extra group fun!

5) Plane of Torment - Finding this at level 60 was a ton of fun. I spent waaay too much time here soloing as FLankar. New monsters unlike any other and a key to obtain! Fun times.

Peace and Happy New year to all.
Marshall Stamm Bladecaster - 65 Overlord, max AA (559).  GM Blacksmith, Baker.
Hunter Flankar Flamecaller - 65 Forest Stalker, 500+ AA.  GM Baker, Fletcher, Brewer, Jeweler.
Exarch Barbarra Bodybaggins - 65 Archon, 400+ AA. GM Tailor, Potter.

Delorne Wrote:Cool list Gnos. Some nice picks.

Whoa! Gnostica! Welcome!

Oh wait...this is a public forum. Duh. Can you tell I'm out of touch with things?
Marshall Stamm Bladecaster - 65 Overlord, max AA (559).  GM Blacksmith, Baker.
Hunter Flankar Flamecaller - 65 Forest Stalker, 500+ AA.  GM Baker, Fletcher, Brewer, Jeweler.
Exarch Barbarra Bodybaggins - 65 Archon, 400+ AA. GM Tailor, Potter.

LOL @ Stammage
Stupendous Tremendous
65 Ogre Beastlord of Temerity

Gear

I've always loved blowing up frogs, so Sebilis and LGuk are the top two on my list. For soloing, I loved the peaceful kiting of wyverns in Cobalt Scar. For raids, it's got to be ToV, that was just the best place for learning how to raid. And for humor value and sheer enjoyment, PoMischief will always be #1.

1: Lower Guk best zone of all times imo. I've spent more time in Lower Guk then I have doing much of anything else.

2: PoHate, the first time I got an indoclite bp on rallos zek back in like 2000 i literally ran around my house cheering.

3: Old Seb, the older and tougher brother of lower guk

4: Neriak Third Quarter, I used to be able to stand in a room above the bank, duck to see through the walls /target and nuke the holy hell out of them while they were banking. I ganked a lot of coin and loot during those years before the bazaar and other stupid expansions.

5: Velks Lab, many many many many many many many many many many hour of grinding there, i used to be able to run through that zone with my eyes closed.
[Image: p6dj8.jpg]
If this were Rallos Zek I'd nuke you during the CH rot.
Near Daground - Druid
Gooseybear Stinkybottom - Beast
Einnim - Mage

1. Plane of Mischief. Has the best mob names in the game, enough said. Plus I suspect there are some quests still down in the rat maze from some NPCs. Would be so cool to figure one of them out (if they exist as I suspect).

2. Old Seb. Great place for loot and cash and spells...

3. Chardok. See 2. above.

4. Stoneburnt Mtns. I used to live there once Glimi got Levitate and Sow. Loved that place. Long ago, I used to make cash by doing the haste sash quest there and farmed the hides I used to get tailoring over 100.

5. Plane of Earth. Buggy as hell but great loot and Hope Stones!
[Image: 709.png]
[Image: 776.png]

1.) Highkeep: The dormitory of EQ back in classic, thanks to every room being camped with a full group. Once you got to HK you were trapped for 2-3 weeks and saw the same people day-in and day-out. You'd have a KS dispute with a group one night, and the next night be transplanted into their group disputing your old group. good stuff.

2.) Sleeper's Tomb: velious was the latest expansion when I finally made it to level cap, and the lore behind the unkillable sleeper gave this whole zone a certain mystique I still love. Even if I can see how shoddy EQ lore is now.

3.) Everfrost: Love the huge alternate underground zone. You could play this game for a decade and never know it's there. I love that aimless exploring in early EQ was rewarded with content (if not loot).

4.) Permafrost: Terrifying zone, even the lowbie goblins near the entrance could overwhelm you if you didn't take care. Falling into the pits near vox and being eaten by a big bear was always a riot. Also, I loved the big ice cubes with people frozen inside in Vox's lair.

5.) Plane of Growth: Tunare is my homegirl. This zone is very zen for a goodie when there's no raid pillaging everything.

That's a tough choice, but mine would have to be the following:

1) Temple of Veeshan: love everything about this zone, mobs, music, layout, strategy, quests... one of the best.

2) Crypt of Dalnir: As a monk, Dalnir was hard to beat (up to level 45). I spent hours there camping Crescent Armor, Sarnak Earrings of Station, Fighting Batons, Bamboo Bo Sticks. This is lower-level monk heaven. Used to be plenty of groups there back in Kunark & Velious days. And when you worked your way down to the third level, you couldn't help but feel like you'd made the big time... only the uber players could survive down there Wink

3) Plane of Earth: excellent theme for this zone, love the Mayan/Aztec architecture. The music really adds to the mood also. Good all around zone: good for exp grinding, loot, raid events, semi-rare named camps, special weapons, trap mobs... very complete.

4) Plane of Water: this one has a whole different feel from most of EQ. Similar to Kedge Keep, only hugely improved. Raids there always feel like a real challenge. It's the only zone that can actually put me in a good mood... not sure if it's the music, the weightless effect, or what. It's liking being at a resort in Cozumel, very relaxing Smile

5) Western Wastes: not sure why, but I always like being there... it's like being at the end of the earth. Spent plenty of time there doing quests and camping my Ice Burrower Tunic back in the day. A very under-used, under-appreciated zone. Lot's of exploring to be done... there are things there that most players never see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yinn Yang Wrote:That's a tough choice, but mine would have to be the following:

1) Temple of Veeshan: love everything about this zone, mobs, music, layout, strategy, quests... one of the best.

2) Crypt of Dalnir: As a monk, Dalnir was hard to beat (up to level 45). I spent hours there camping Crescent Armor, Sarnak Earrings of Station, Fighting Batons, Bamboo Bo Sticks. This is lower-level monk heaven. Used to be plenty of groups there back in Kunark & Velious days. And when you worked your way down to the third level, you couldn't help but feel like you'd made the big time... only the uber players could survive down there Wink

3) Plane of Earth: excellent theme for this zone, love the Mayan/Aztec architecture. The music really adds to the mood also. Good all around zone: good for exp grinding, loot, raid events, semi-rare named camps, special weapons, trap mobs... very complete.

4) Plane of Water: this one has a whole different feel from most of EQ. Similar to Kedge Keep, only hugely improved. Raids there always feel like a real challenge. It's the only zone that can actually put me in a good mood... not sure if it's the music, the weightless effect, or what. It's liking being at a resort in Cozumel, very relaxing Smile

5) Western Wastes: not sure why, but I always like being there... it's like being at the end of the earth. Spent plenty of time there doing quests and camping my Ice Burrower Tunic back in the day. A very under-used, under-appreciated zone. Lot's of exploring to be done... there are things there that most players never see.

my biggest gripe with AK ....TOV has no music.
It drives me nuts.
I had to log in on PC side to make sure i didnt' imagine the ToV music ....but no, it was there, i miss it so much =X
[Image: 587.png]
[Image: 5540.png]

Oh man Sad

That's sad... I hadn't noticed that here on AK. The music in that zone is excellent... used to listen to it while we buffed up at the zone in for raids.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]