what pc sever did you play on back in the day?
druzzil ro

Al'Kabor...7 1/2 years. Big Grin
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Xegony - AKA the Ghetto server. Played from 99 till 2003 off and on.

Once Beld sees this thread - I'll let him explain how crude Xegony was.

Cabot Wrote:I assume you saw my overly-long EQ history post in the midst of that eqmac flame thread. What were your toon names back on Tholuxe? I was in Acropolis during the PoP/LoY/LDoN era, up until right around GoD release. Various other guilds I was in were all during Kunark/Velious timeframe, I was never around when Luclin was the the top end.
wemsler was my bard
sworrm was my rouge
marmiteonole was my mage
figgnewton was my druid

Fennin Ro from release til Kunark expansion. That's when Verant opened Druzzil Ro and had a free transfer from Fennin to Druzzil. I played on Druzzil til mid way through LDoN.
[Image: 1000.png]

[Image: 522.png]

Hah, so many Tholuxe Paells people. I was in Altered State before I quit right before the release of GoD.

I started EQ during phase 4 of beta when they launched their first "red" server of the beta, Rallos Zek. Four or five levels as a mage untill I just could not ignore the call of the dark side anymore and started a Troll SK (my god, we did not know about the xp penalties for them back then, honest).

Kept with the Troll SK on rallos when beta ended and the game launched. Played on rallos , got to lvl 60 and for the life of me I cannot remember any of the guilds I was in there, i'd have to look at a list of guild names to jog my memory.

When Shadows of Luclin released, I rerolled as a barbarian Beastlord on Sullon Zek. Stayed on Sullon Zek untill half way through Planes of Power. Got to 65, got some AA's , got epic, and then quit to start playing Shadowbane because I could not handle what PoK books and AA's and safezones did to pvp in EQ.

I was in Darkenbane and in Tides of Wrath on Sullon Zek, and maybe another guild or two. At one point I made a gnome magician alt and got him epic real early like lvl 50. I then proceeded to terrorize multiple zones with the all powerful epic pet. The good old days.

Every couple of years since, I booted up EQ again but soon quit after a couple of weeks. Only started really playing again here on Al'kabor a year and a half ago or so. You just can't beat old/classic EQ. (though I have ever intention of playing casual on the upcomming progression server just to recapture some of that naked noob spark, even if it only lasts a month or two, won't effect my raid attendance though, dont worry!)

Vazelle (Which then became Maelin Starpyre) was my home server. Started EQ when Kunark was new about, but didn't really get into raiding until Luclin or so. Stopped playing when Seeds of Destruction came out, Knovo was my main through all that.

I've tried getting into EQ again after awhile, but those mercs make an unestablished cleric feel really unwanted.

Jizmak Wrote:Hah, so many Tholuxe Paells people. I was in Altered State before I quit right before the release of GoD.

Oh cool I remember AS, was a pretty decent guild Smile
[Image: 749.png]

i played a lowbie (low 20s max?) paladin on a friend's PC in college off and on, no idea where or when... fast forward to summer 03, rolled ike and never looked back!
Mechaike

Tunare. When It had 60 bizillion t00ns on it. Man, now those were the days.

The Tribunal shortly after its launch (one month) and a little bit on The Combine.
[Image: 680.png]
Crickett, Sprint, Atnt, and Tmobile

Fanglore Wrote:Bristlebane. /wave Ravenwing

Played since late 99, Was in a rogue only guild (Sanguine Blade) for a year or so before it dissolved. Played until GoD, and on and off since then.
Hi Fanglore. I loved Sanguine Blade - great people!

I started in Astral Alliance, a group of 10 or so friends who migrated from a turn-based strategy game. Eventually Companions of the Gate absorbed AA, and I enjoyed CotG. When CotG disbanded, I went to Veeshans Fury and did PoP with them. Was a blast.

Xegony from release till 2004 or so.
Human Warrior named Beld, and a Dwarven Cleric named Phinnius.
Shocking I know =p
Was in 2 small family guilds, and then in Havenlight for the rest of my career.

I did play with my old server enemy guild Inner Circle for a few months on the Progression Servers which was a lot of fun actually, except people exploited and rushed content, so we all kinda just quit after that.

As for what Oreh said, man I'm glad no one else here is from Xegony, because that place was a fucking pit.

One of the original servers, I swear all the scumbags went there for some magical reason. We were double over population, had 9 raid guilds competing for everything in the meanest, bloodiest manner possible, and respect wasn't something you could loot or flash your e-peen at, thus it didn't exist. God damn nightmare of a server heh.
-Beld VanGuard
Kool-Aid Warrior

[Image: 748.png]

My UO guild went to Xegony for a day, then jumped to Tunare the day after launch when that server came up.
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)