what pc sever did you play on back in the day?
Karana because of RL friends, which later split and I moved to Ayanoe Ro. Then I stopped playing around 2003 and forgot what happened to both of those servers.

I was always in smaller guilds, but my brother and friends were in the top guild(s) of all those servers, and I lived the drama through them (though to be honest, there was never too much competition, just like 2 guilds at the top.)

Late 2005 I decided to try Al'kabor and haven't looked back since.

Al'Kabor since Oct. 2003.
[Image: 709.png]
[Image: 776.png]

Jerumiah Wrote:I was in Darkenbane

You have no idea how tickled I was to read this.

Darkenbane was the original pk guild on Rallos Zek. I'm talking 1999, smoking newbs in south Karana at the Treants. I am one of the original members of that guild.

There were about 6 of us that carried the surname D'Bane, which you needed the GMs to give you the little ' in the name. We were so badass.

Alec, Greirage, Wolfen, Tibbit, Holdan, Kerrygetz and myself (Einnim).

It's incredbile to me to see that the guild survived well past my years and even made its mark on other servers, im assuming after there were mergers etc.

some of my fondest memories are whacking people with my wizard nukes. oh how i miss those days... im telling you all, if we had pvp on this server there'd be a whole lot less mouths spouting off on eqmac forums on a slow monday afternoon at work.

utdaans plz have the gms turn us red, just for a week... plz??!
[Image: p6dj8.jpg]
If this were Rallos Zek I'd nuke you during the CH rot.
Near Daground - Druid
Gooseybear Stinkybottom - Beast
Einnim - Mage

Heh PVP week would certainly be interesting
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

No thanks on PVP. Last time I did it, I was asked to be in a group versus group and found out I was only invited as the sacrifice. Ruined my whole evening. Never again.
[Image: sigpic914_1.gif]
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

Rysia Wrote:I was only invited as the sacrifice.

Do you think they might have mistaken you for a ranger?
Elder Hemper (RIP)

Lol, I think my own guildmates know what class I am...
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

Rysia Wrote:No thanks on PVP. Last time I did it, I was asked to be in a group versus group and found out I was only invited as the sacrifice. Ruined my whole evening. Never again.

The time i went PVP against you and wrathen and ueri my group went after Ueri first; if i recall correctly you were the last one alive.

This was more recent.

Rysia Wrote:No thanks on PVP. Last time I did it, I was asked to be in a group versus group and found out I was only invited as the sacrifice. Ruined my whole evening. Never again.

If they were using you as bait, they were clearly doing it wrong. That's just a silly thing to do with an uber rogue.

I guess I was a "anti-pk" on Rallos. In the very begining people seemed to follow their races faction, as a Troll, Ogres and Dark Elves were friendly to me and we'd team up against the humans in Freeport. I remember surviving the run to commonlands once as a very low level and sitting in the east commonlands tunnel and shouting "where are the dark elves?" and one answered "in your nightmares!" and I was.. Im a troll here to help!, and they welcomed me with open arms. Was great. I can't remember what guild I was in back then but I sure can remember things like that, go figure.

One of my fondest early memories was at like level 8 or so teaming up with a troll shaman named Bochia who had just turned 9 and got SoW. With his awsome new SoW spell we ran up to North Ro and actually hid in the water with just the tops of our heads sticking out and waited for humans to come down to the beach to jump lol.

Bochia actually had a troll shaman web page that he'd put pictures up on, and he'd post pics of our "hunts". Hmmm... I wonder of waybackmachine would bring those up..

Anyways, after awhile as guilds started to form, the server got away from "evil vs good" pvp and more towards guild vs guild and random PK (which is what Near was) vs. "PK for a reason" people.

PvP in todays games most the people are "random pk" people, which basically breaks the server imo. I guess that is just how the community evolved. But trust me, as good as EQ was back in 1999, EQ w/pvp was 100000000x better. It added to the immersiveness and the roleplay 10x.

edit: thanks to the power of wayback! lol this is old Bochica's shaman site, scroll down the sidebar and you will see one of the links is "Locnars escape" lol, thats me, I guess its about me.... escaping a pack of human's who banded together to take me down or something or other.. I can't get the link to the story and pictures to work though Sad Maybe one of you techno nerds and find it? I would love to see those pics and read the story he wrote again after all these years Smile

http://web.archive.org/web/1999093012511...frame.html

I was looking over his old list of shaman spells.. lvl 9 shaman spell called "winged courier" , supposed to send the item on your cursor to another player. Guess they never could get it to work right.

7th Hammer.

What a shithole that server was, but so many fond memories!

RIP my ranger tank

So much better than Ader

The Magelo says Tunare for some reason, weeeird.
[Image: 587.png]
[Image: 5540.png]

Bragon Wrote:7th Hammer.

What a shithole that server was, but so many fond memories!

RIP my ranger tank

So much better than Ader

The Magelo says Tunare for some reason, weeeird.

Yeah they've been through more than one round of server merges since back in the heydey now, so everyone's old toons got shuffled around, and a lot of old guildtags are b0rked too. I found me, and supposedly I'm on Bertox now. My original server (Tholuxe Paells) doesn't exist :mad:

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...8086815450

Wow, looking at my old gear, it sucked hard considering my final guild there was in the EPs and working on Fennin/Xeg encounters when GoD came out and I left. My only excuse is that we were a huge guild so individual upgrades came around a lot more rarely. That and excuse #2 is this was effectively Cabot 2.0 you're looking at.

The first time around I gave up just before Luclin launched. Long story, but basically I already knew I could re-open a closed account, so I tried to force myself to quit and focus on my career by de-levelling Cabot back to L16 or something and destroying all his gear before deleting him and closing the account. Learned first-hand that you physically are not allowed to Destroy an Artifact item in EQ Smile. I came back during PoP and had a GM undelete my toon and I had to start over as a naked lowbie again except for that Artifact in my mainhand.

The Al`Kabor Cabot is Cabot 3.0 I guess (third time levelling and gearing up a main erudite wiz named cabot, but second actual toon). Still on the same account though, I just don't have an EQPC setup to log into the old toon Smile

My Artifact was, fittingly: Scepter of Al`Kabor
[Image: 749.png]

AMG I found my old monk. Sweet!
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...3986250980
and my driod box:
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...3986134489
and my original EQ warrior toon I quit during Luclin:
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...1295614578
Elder Hemper (RIP)

My old monk is on Cazic now hehe I guess Fennin merged with CT.
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...2446402571

Oh heres my old Beastlord
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...2446405520

Frog necro twink from right before I quit pc for good
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...2446465013

And original Warrior from 1999
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/charac...9561577112
[Image: 599.png]
Lullaby - Ench / Rezinator - Cleric / Molten - Mage
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger