Kelorekdar is whistling a new tune!
A long ass time ago I MQd Greenmist for Oogliest at level 20-odd and I knew that after I did that I would end up doing Whistling Fists as well. While the faction issue for this quest was non-existent, little did I know this would end up being a much more challenging quest than Greenmist. Boring story details below the picture...

[Image: Jgz7u.png]

The first big hurdle was getting all the shackles up to Tynnonium done on Del. Of particular fun were the finger bones from Kurns, using bard forage to get all the items for the Shackle of Bronze, key camping in Droga/Dalnir, getting the Worn Metal Ring as my Trial, and re-camping the Stupendous Tome.

After the shackle was done (I finished the Shackle of Tynnonium MQ at level 3 or 4), I put the quest on hold until level 52 (the final quest involves two turn ins that may or may not eat your final bracer if you're not high enough level and also requires the ability to zone into PoFear). The final fights with Balathin, Zhaoku, and the Fallen Monk Master weren't too tough, about on par with the final fight with the golem at the end of Greenmist. The most arduous part (ignoring the pain of Stupendous Tome camping) was clearing PoFear zone in and a path to CT. The monk is warmly to Cazic, but KOS to everything else! On my first attempt, I managed to get DTed from across the zone by Fright.

All in all, it was a fun quest. The progression based quests out of Cabilis have always been my favorite in terms of backstory and execution. Next up, the Shammy Cudgel.

nice, grats.
http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Cabilis_Cudgel_Quests
is the writeup i used... might even have an iksar skull with an x or two lying around

Interesting. I seem to recall hearing someone say that one of the shaman quest lines was broken. Cudgel works?

Congrats Delorne! Very cool quest
[Image: p6dj8.jpg]
If this were Rallos Zek I'd nuke you during the CH rot.
Near Daground - Druid
Gooseybear Stinkybottom - Beast
Einnim - Mage

Necro hat is broken =(

Quirk Wrote:Necro hat is unfinished/unimplemented until GoD.

FYQ
[Image: Einstein-Sig.jpg]

A fun read, Del. Congratz!

Cadsuane Wrote:Interesting. I seem to recall hearing someone say that one of the shaman quest lines was broken. Cudgel works?

yes brawndo and i have cudgels... maybe others? I'd thought the shackle quests or greenmist needed gm intervention though?

Greenmist does indeed require GM help, Shackles/Whistling Fist do not. I was super psyched to actually finish Whistling Fists and see that everything works properly. I even managed to solo the entire thing on my bard, but I wasn't too surprised about that. Pretty sure any level 65 could solo the final fights for the Cabilis quests since they're tuned for a group of level 60 maximum with no AAs.

Edit: Just for those that are curious, Celestial Fist clicky and Whistling Fist clicky do stack. The only benefit I see on my monk is the +AC, since his STR is already capped. The weapon itself is okay, but it's not nearly as good as most of the other weapons available. For example, SoD, HoB, and Skybreaker are all better primary options. It's an even worse secondary weapon, with things like Adamantite Club, Knotted Knuckles, and Scepter of Mastery (All way way way easier to acquire) having better hasted ratios.

Delorne Wrote:Edit: Just for those that are curious, Celestial Fist clicky and Whistling Fist clicky do stack. The only benefit I see on my monk is the +AC, since his STR is already capped. The weapon itself is okay, but it's not nearly as good as most of the other weapons available. For example, SoD, HoB, and Skybreaker are all better primary options. It's an even worse secondary weapon, with things like Adamantite Club, Knotted Knuckles, and Scepter of Mastery (All way way way easier to acquire) having better hasted ratios.
Aye, similar to the Robe of the Whistling Fists, the stats from Celestial Fists (technically a spell) and "Jonathan's Whistling Warsong" from the Robe/Whistling Fists stack, but the hastes do not. The standard haste restrictions apply (1 Item + 1 Song/Spell + Overhaste) and the two monk items unfortunately are not an exception =/

Congratulations. I never got around to doing the monk shackle or whistling fists quests.
Tarkon - Rogue
Tarkonia - Cleric
Siman - Enchanter
Member of Temerity

Tarkon Wrote:Congratulations. I never got around to doing the monk shackle or whistling fists quests.
/gasp. I don't blame you for leveling another alt tho Smile More fun for some.

I did do warrior pike quest.. but it stops at the 5th one (I believe) and then the quest NPC's start spitting out unusual quest text. (PoK quest texts)