What did you leave undone?
Wasn't much left here. Soloed a couple dargons, got nearly all keys except maybe one or two place, got quack stick. Not many drops I remotely cared about. Camped some spots that, at the time were pure death traps. Killed a bunch of people. Kited for raids. Killed more people. WTD pmuch everybody in guild. DA runs through VT to get to certain camps for raid when we first entered, along with Kyth and Sikk (hi2u2 stairway to hell). Struck bargain with Emp to not drop his robe for a very very long time. About it.

Aid Grimel. Never finished OrehStuns trade skills even after getting a lot of the enhancement mods. I do regret that. Also salty I never got Cazic Thule legs from Plane of Time. *Fist shake @ Illicit* As well as Rallos not dropping a Shield of Strife. Never got to turn in my EP BP mold, which wasn't really anyone's fault but SoEs.

Of course there were small things that I wouldn't have minded doing/seeing one last time, but for the most part I left Everquest with essentially no stone unturned from my first go around and then EQmac. I got to experience pure Everquest Classic growing up and how it evolved and then relive it all again on Alkabor.

Now the only regret I have is not really having a solid way to maintain the friendships made with Tems and other Alkaborians.

And maybe not doing the Paladin epic for Oreh, but that thing sucked.

I miss you guys.

wellmine Wrote:I really wanted to box kill Bristlebane but never did =/

I think that Kyth, Oompah, Bastette (I think it was Bast?), and I had the only kill of Bristlebane on our server. I think this one goes into my regret bucket, because that was a huge chunk of extremely boring time that I can never reclaim for my life. You didn't miss out on much. :-P

Bastette Wrote:I was starting to work on soloing Lodi back in 2004/2005. I don't think it was possible with my gear at the time, but I'd still wish I'd given it a few more tries.

I pseudo-soloed Lodi in VT gear at some point. I had raid buffs, so it's not quite a pure solo, but I got him down. Timing was everything on the summons, and clicky snare and SoW were key. I think I posted video on EQMac of that one.

My biggest regret (aside from PoTime, phat lewtz, etc.) was that I never killed 7th Hammer.

Zorblak Wrote:I think that Kyth, Oompah, Bastette (I think it was Bast?), and I had the only kill of Bristlebane on our server. I think this one goes into my regret bucket, because that was a huge chunk of extremely boring time that I can never reclaim for my life. You didn't miss out on much. :-P

There were quite a few there I thought. Myself, Zat (mebbe?) and maybe Redleaf or Mech.

Regrets. Hum. Not completing my Inner AC key, despite helping Hobart troubleshoot the turn in dialogues/event. Fennin's motherfucking belt /shakesfist. Missed a lot of P3/P4 content. Missing play time in general due to employment and health.

Not-regrets. Finished Aid Grimel, which i first daydreamed about in 2003. Completed my epic in 2004. Completed Shawl 8 and Ring 10. Raided most everything there was. Learned how to cheese the way to Arlyxir (among other ToSR critters).
Mechaike

Never finished pet killing Dain, but got him to <5% once with Frosst
[Image: o5l2hbr.png]

Juice Wrote:Never finished pet killing Dain, but got him to <5% once with Frosst

Haha, man. We wiped at like 1%... Wish we could have finished it off. Was fun anyway.

Ravenwing Wrote:My final EQ "project" was camping Xygoz in VP for a Rend robe, after I heard from Indie via Frosst that his had dropped rather than coming from a GM event. 29 kills, no robe. I'm still not certain this wasn't an epic troll on Frosst or Indie's part

Haha....damn. He said he had it drop, so I was just passing the info. along. I probably killed Xygoz about 10 or so times (maybe more) and never saw one drop either. So we can safely say 39 kills, zero rend robes. Drops in VP were streaky, but that might just be certifiably broken.

I left a lot undone. Several epics; collecting old school armor sets; building a healer box so I could ranger tank my way to glory; killing several elusive mobs, such as 7th Hammer, Vulak, Dain; and so much more. I even had this dream of secretly lvling up a vintage toon so I could geek out on some truly old-school progression. But my play time diminished too much to really put many feet forward on that step.
[Image: 1148.png]

No regrets really. Simple silly Ranger quests. I always enjoyed the "Lore" of the game.

I regret spending months camping different pieces of Tolan's Darkwood Armor, to never even acquire all of it. (I missed one piece found in the catacombs.

...and just like some Ranger jabroni to lose is armor everywhere..)

I also regret spending months (Glimi too) camping and soloing HOH Wrulon's for a fricking earring (Wrulon eye) that would have been useless with current gear.. but it was the principle.

~ Hunter Waeen Silverleaf

Waeen Wrote:No regrets really. Simple silly Ranger quests. I always enjoyed the "Lore" of the game.

I regret spending months camping different pieces of Tolan's Darkwood Armor, to never even acquire all of it. (I missed one piece found in the catacombs.

...and just like some Ranger jabroni to lose is armor everywhere..)

I also regret spending months (Glimi too) camping and soloing HOH Wrulon's for a fricking earring (Wrulon eye) that would have been useless with current gear.. but it was the principle.
Did it ever drop? For you, or anyone on the server?
TAKP: Cadsuane (Nec) / Cadsuaney/Cadtana/Cadoknight/Encadnter
AK: the original Cadsuane

Wrulon Eye did end up existing, one or two dropped in the last year of the server. I had a chat with someone who had it drop, but I can't for the life of me remember which of my 30 toons I had that chat on, to pull the logs.

Probably because Hobart updated the HoH zone files when we were trying to figure out the whole 85% thing. I forget if that was one of the zones he updated, but I would be surprised if that's why the Eyes started dropping.

I know the Ornate Horn never dropped during my time in PoV and the Fennin horn didn't drop until PoFire got a facelift.

I only knew of my Ornate Horn on the server - I never saw another out there.

Cads,

No it never did drop. I guess maybe the update did the trick, but I was long gone. If I had to compare this to FFXII or XIV camps it was far easier.. it is always when you play other games you realize the splendid simplicity and character or the games you love so much.

I miss Wrulons.

~ Hunter Waeen Silverleaf