Thucydides
1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.)

Neea, Howlinmad

2. How do you know each of your sponsors?
Was an officer with them in Destiny

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo.
Thucydides 60 Iksar Warrior

4. What is your handle on the TAKP forums?
Thucydides

5. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky?
Shrink - Potion
EB - Fishbone earring
Gate - OT hammer, potion
Invis - Potion, Larrikan's Mask
Levitate - Potion
Insta-clicky - Pauldrons Ferocity, Chestplate of Fiery Might, Probably some other stuff that I can't remember, haven't actively played the character in over a year

6. What alts do you have (name/class/level)? 
Triumph, 60 Dwarf Cleric
Splendor, 60 Gnome Wizard

7. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule?  
PST.
IRL I am a vegetable farmer.  I expect to get busy during the summer growing season and have a lot less time for gaming, and be significantly less busy in the winter.  I also try to fit my gaming schedule with my wife's work schedule.  For the next few months I'm expecting to be able to do every Sunday raid, and mon-weds evenings every other week.

8. Where and when have you played EQ prior to TAKP? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in. 
Karana - ??? 2001-2004?  I really didnt know what I was doing.  I think I finally reached 65 (max level at the time ) about a week before the expansion came out that raised the cap.  And then I switched schools and couldn't play anymore
Al'Kabor - Thucydides, Pathfinders 2011 - 2012 (?)
PEQ - Thucydides, Al'Kabor

9. Have you been in other guilds on TAKP? If so, why did you leave?
I was an officer in Destiny.  I took a year-long break from the game and in that time most of my friends that I want to play with are now in Temerity.  I am also looking forward to being able to play without a guild leadership role and generally avoid interacting with server drama.

10. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids?
In pathfinders I did a bit of Luclin raiding as a rogue.  On PEQ I did a little bit of PoP (but who knows how accurate) as a shadowknight, and I've been raiding (and raid-leading) as a warrior here on TAKP.

11. Why do you want to join Temerity?
To play with friends.

12. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?
My knee-jerk answer to this would be about playing with friends and solving coordination problems.  I do believe that the experience that keeps me coming back to the game (and why I have the itch again after a year away) is the communal high of defeating a tough encounter when it's right at the edge of what your team is capable of.  

That said, some IRL experiences lately have had my reflecting on the shutdown of the old eqmac server.  As soon as the shutdown was announced, I never logged in again.  I just didn't see the point of committing more time to a game when it was all going away.  Which makes me wonder - how much of what was getting me to log in to begin with was about spending time with friends?  I think there's something about building my character as part of a larger guild-building effort that keeps me playing.  Or maybe it's just the ability to plan for the future.  If we beat Quarm does that mean I'd quit?  I don't know.

13. Anything else you want us to know?
I have in the past played the game in a way that annoyed my wife.  I also have a high-stress job (entering year 2 of starting my own business) for which this game can frequently offer a comforting escape ... too comforting?  I am committed to keeping my everquest time as a constructive and enjoyable aspect of my life and not letting it take over.  This may mean that I have very rigid playtimes, or that I may need to log off in an emergency fashion in a way that is not conducive to the guild's goals.  That said, if there's anything I've learned about myself and my gaming habit, it's that I'm in it for the long haul.

Very excited to see this app! Welcome back to TAKP, Thucy!!
Kili / Sazar / Cazar / Guise / Leshew / Catzar

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke

Am happy to see you decided to be with us !
Neea Cleric
Zneea Wizardess
Gnomeo Gnome

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Omgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Lurari, Holy Mini-Knight of Brell // Formerly Lurari, Feral Lord. // Once Luluri, Nature Warden // Nickname Lulu

Happy you decided to apply, Thucy! Was always a pleasure working with you!

OMG!! I am so happy to see you apply here Thucy! I'm always willing to help out just as you have always helped me out in the past!

Glad to see you around these parts, pal.
Lenas / Leona / Lauxi

Woot - very happy to see the app!

Hi Thucydides, it is nice to see your application.
Tarkon - Rogue
Tarkonia - Cleric
Siman - Enchanter
Member of Temerity

Edited to reflect that my wining and dining was successful and I have successfully reserved Sunday evening raid times for the foreseeable future.   See you guys on Sunday!

So happy to see this!!

Woot!