Sami's Application
1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.)

Dobbis and Zeliux

2. How do you know each of your sponsors?

I ran into Dobbis when I was soloing my ranger (and still pretty noobish) and he buffed me up and offered some help if/when I needed it. I took him up on that and he helped me with my epic and was very generous with his time whenever I had questions as I maxed out my ranger and started dipping into 3-boxing with my alts. Most recently, I’ve joined him in playing around in mischief and destroying puppets. He is always willing to let my ranger eat a death touch for him! 

Zeliux is probably the player I’ve grouped with the most of anyone even though he’s been in a different guild. Whether it’s been with our mains or our alts, grinding exp or crushing some missions for our toons, we’ve spent quite a bit of time together. And it’s been awesome both playing together and just shooting the shit while we do so. 

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo.

Sami / Halfling Ranger *Come at me Tunarians!* / Level 60
https://www.takproject.net/magelo/charac...?char=Sami

4. What is your handle on the TAKP forums?

dalidali

5. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky?

I have some Ant’s potions for shrinks (but usually shaman is around). I got a handful of lodi shields, a turtlebone ring, and fishbone earring for EB. For gating, my ranger and paladin use gate potions (want that Tolan BP soon!), cleric and shaman have their port idols, necro and bard have OT hammer, and wizard is a wizard. Will hopefully get OT hammer on rogue as soon as I get him dark elf illusion mask. For invis, I have Tolan’s helm and plenty of Larri masks. For lev, I usually always have a toon around to cast it. DMF on necro very handy. But perhaps need to get some lev clickie items. 

6. What alts do you have (name/class/level)? 

Camu / Ogre Shaman / 60 
Raeve / Dark Elf Necro / 60
Lazlo / Half Elf Paladin / 60
Yuyu / Gnome Wizard / 58
Elym / High Elf Cleric / 58
Okai / Wood Elf Rogue / 58
Tsing / Vah Shir Bard / 52
Maeve / Dark Elf Enchanter / 24

7. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule?  

PST (but BC is getting rid of daylight savings in 2021 so this weird 6-month PST, 6-month CST inc). I usually play in the evenings for a shift, but on the odd days and usually on weekends I can kick it during the day. My biggest exp grind sessions though are pretty late at night.

8. Where and when have you played EQ prior to TAKP? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in. 

I played on live in 1999/2000, but I was just a pre-teen and can’t even remember what server it was on. I never got to the point of raiding and probably spent most of my time just drinking ale in east commons tunnel and dying in spectacular fashions. 

9. Have you been in other guilds on TAKP? If so, why did you leave?

I’ve been in The Horde for six months. It’s been a great guild for me as I’ve learned the ropes. But everyone is pretty casual and the population is small so I’ve hit a wall with what I can do with the guild. It was tough to leave though tbh as I am very grateful for the guidance and friendship I received, but I'm always happy to help people whether in my guild or not so moving on now to a guild where I can explore more end-game content and continue progressing is the right move for me. 

10. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids?

Basically zero raiding experience. As mentioned, I didn’t play too seriously the first time around and I haven’t had the chance here yet. I’ve jumped on some impromptu missions/mini-raids and have learned how to do things like lead clears of plane of hate. I usually go with either my ranger or my paladin (depending on if I need a plate tank or higher dps tank) then my shaman (pretty much always) and then usually necro (sometimes wizard if I need a port and evac option). But I will need some guidance on how to best be a strong contributor to raids. I know how to play my toons well though and am confident I will learn the ropes quickly. 

11. Why do you want to join Temerity?

I put a lot of thought and consideration into which guild I’d like to apply to as I was in no rush to leave The Horde and had lots of time to group with people from every guild. I had the chance of playing with officers from pretty much all the major guilds and to chat about how the guild runs and their opinions of each guild (pros/cons type thing). Why I ultimately chose Tem is because of the competence displayed by the people I’ve played with (which to me means efficient raiding and not being dicked around and having time wasted), but also the lack of drama that seems to come with the personalities of Tem — I honestly can’t fathom how drama occurs in a game where we are all here to have fun, but I have no interest in being around it. Tem seems like it’s all about having fun, but also being very proficient at what they do — this is pretty much how I live my life in and outside the game. I’m very excited to explore content I can’t do on my own, learn from skilled/experienced players, and meet some interesting people in the process — from the outside looking in, Tem checks all these boxes. 

12. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?

I started playing EQ (again) in March, which obviously coincides with the real world changes we’ve all gone through. It was just a fun pass-time to fill the extra time at home at first, but it’s become a great way to unplug and challenge myself while diving into all the mystery and wonder that lies buried in EQ. I love how much there is to this game. With different toons and so many different ways to play, it offers something for all moods/energy levels. Sometimes that means I just want to grind a camp I know very well or sometimes I want to dive into something new and chaotic (I am yet to be in the mood to trade-skill, but who knows what the future may bring). I like how the populace now is more aged too, which makes for a great community to engage with (how nice is it to be in a mostly teenager-free online setting!). All of this to say, I play to be a part of a fun and complicated game with good people, and also to minimize my time scrolling through the news and watching TV. I like to play my toons well and be good at what I’m doing, but I also don’t take it too seriously — I never get mad when I die or someone makes a mistake or RNG curses me for days on end. All of it is for fun and generally better than the other shit I got going on. 

13. Anything else you want us to know?

I’m a law student, so my schedule can fluctuate quite a bit depending on deadlines and exams. Sometimes I got lots of time and can play during the day and in the evening. Sometimes I can only hop on for 10-15 min at a time during study/writing breaks. I really like the idea of raiding though because it allows me to schedule in some playing time and I can say OK, I’ll be on at this time and do this, then I can get back to studying and I feel like I’m being productive in both worlds. Like a lot of you, I also have a partner and sometimes her mood dictates my playing time and sometimes I just HAVE TO GO. But again, this is why I’m pretty keen to have the scheduled raids where I can just say hey leave me alone for this block of time and then I’m free. So I’m really happy to prioritize raiding moving forward for the reasons just mentioned, but also because it’ll be brand new content for me that I’m excited to explore.

Thanks for considering my application! Looking forward to meeting some of you and getting to know some of you better who I've already crossed paths with.
Sami (Rng) | Camu (Shm) | Yuyu (Wiz) | Raeve (Nec) | Lazlo (Pal) | Elym (Cle) | Okai (Rog) | Maeve (Enc)

(12-19-2020, 08:56 AM)Sami Wrote: PST (but BC is getting rid of daylight savings in 2021 so this weird 6-month PST, 6-month CST inc).

Jealous. Alberta was too gutless to go through with it.

Woohoo! Welcome, dude!

It's good to see a new app!  I saw you play PST but B.C. is getting rid of DST for your zone, good call imho eh, but you listed PST and CST, wouldn't it be PST and MST or MST and CST vs. skipping a time zone? I guess it doesn't really matter, but since you're maining a ranger be prepared to take some sh*t and DTs amongst other things.

(12-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Starsha Wrote: It's good to see a new app!  I saw you play PST but B.C. is getting rid of DST for your zone, good call imho eh, but you listed PST and CST, wouldn't it be PST and MST or MST and CST vs. skipping a time zone? I guess it doesn't really matter, but since you're maining a ranger be prepared to take some sh*t and DTs amongst other things.

Yeah, you're right. PST and MST - still figuring it out. And yes, I've learned where the halfling ranger fits in the social hierarchy here! lol
Sami (Rng) | Camu (Shm) | Yuyu (Wiz) | Raeve (Nec) | Lazlo (Pal) | Elym (Cle) | Okai (Rog) | Maeve (Enc)

Hey Sami! I’m EST buy a late owl. Hit me up if you are looking for some exps.

Rangers are the unsung heroes of EQ. Was nice meeting you tonight !
Neea Cleric
Zneea Wizardess
Gnomeo Gnome

Another Canadian! Ontario here. You have clearly spent time thinking about why you want to join and filling out a wonderful application. It is much appreciated, thank you. Hope to see you around in game at some point!