Renach's Application
1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.)

Polly and Neea

2. How do you know each of your sponsors?

Polly has been my friend IRL for many years.

I met Neea for several groups in Ssra temple.

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo.

Renach Redbeard.  Level 60 Dwarven Paladin. (Brell) .   https://www.takproject.net/magelo/charac...har=Renach

4. What is your handle on the TAKP forums?

Renach Redbeard

5. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky?

10 dose ants potion (shrink)
Lodizal Shell Shield (EB)

Larrikans mask (invis)

I'm still working on gate item.

6. What alts do you have (name/class/level)? 

Reenalett, 58 wood elf Druid (Tunare)

Serevio, 45 human Ranger (Tunare)
Sandrine, 45 human cleric (Rodcet Knife)
Shewilla, 21 human rogue (Agnostic)
Varmina, 19 dark elf shadowknight (Bertoxolus)
Sharwalla, 19 dark elf necromancer (Beetoxolus)
Darseth, 18 iksar beastlord

7. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule?  

Pacific Time (So Cal)

I try to play about two hours at least 3 weeknights.  More for short term pushes, like when reaching 60, meeting and hanging with you people, or when PoP comes out.  I get off work early, so I can start as early as 4pm and I am rarely on after 10pm.

Weekends, I play whenever my wife doesn't plan something else.  I usually spend several hours in the afternoon with her outside of the game, but you can bet on morning and evening sessions with me, especially during the pandemic.

8. Where and when have you played EQ prior to TAKP? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in. 

Short answer: A lot, not on Al'kabor.

Long answer:

Fennin Ro from launch until about 2004, then Tunare until about 2017.

I believe I haven't logged into the live server since 2017 or so and the last expansion I was a part of was The Broken Mirror.  The last Raid content I had been a part of was in Call of the Forsaken.

9. Have you been in other guilds on TAKP? If so, why did you leave?

No

10. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids?

I have only played a Ranger on raids.  Jolting was my friend!  Looking forward to tanking!

I believe my main raiding timeframe started in the Omens of War expansion.  I raided with A'dileab de Paegan and the Tunare Guild Alliance.  I remember many raids in the Asylum of Anguish though I'm sure we raided many zones over the next two or three expansions.

I do have many fond memories of this time.  My ranger had all epics and tons of AA, so he saved a raid at least once by weapon shielding and using other discs allowing them to get tanks back up.  I believe I had at least half a dozen clicky effects I could use to survive, including a proc for invulnerability that I could make fire almost non stop for a minute or so with some AA or another.

Another page of AAs and discs could push DPS to ludicrous levels for a short time, with bow crits rivaling wizard DPS, though I don't remember the specifics.  I do know Endless Quiver, Headshot, and archery mastery were all my friends. 

11. Why do you want to join Temerity?

This is a rare second chance to be a part of something I could only hear or read about the first time.  Planes of Power progression and a good group of friends to do it with is all I could ask for.

12. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?

To build a lasting legacy.  I hope friends will remember me and my characters as someone they could count on.

I'd like to believe that was always the case in my extensive EQ history.

13. Anything else you want us to know? 

Look me up any time.  If I'm not grouped, I'll group with you and we will do something more exciting than I was doing on my own.  (I'm cautious by nature.)

Glad to see your App official Ren! See ya in game soon.

(12-30-2020, 07:18 PM)Pompeii Wrote: Glad to see your App official Ren!  See ya in game soon.

Thanks Pomp!  Great time with you, Tigree, and Polly in CT last night.  What other trouble can we get into?

Great to see the app ! Do you have jboots and/or a telescope ? If not, I can help. Coldain ring another great clicky. Ask Sketchy for hints as he is a master of that quest. I have some port potions left from the second anniversary.
Neea Cleric
Zneea Wizardess
Gnomeo Gnome

(12-30-2020, 09:33 PM)Neea Wrote: Great to see the app !  Do you have jboots and/or a telescope ? If not, I can help.  Coldain ring another great clicky. Ask Sketchy for hints as he is a master of that quest. I have some port potions left from the second anniversary.

Oh thanks Neea, those should be totally doable.  I can always read up on the stuff.  You've all helped so much already.

I wouldn't go too far out of my way to pick up an insta-clicky, because you'll almost certainly end up with a Seru earring (instant acumen) within a couple of cycles.
Gadzooks

I keep a Seru friendly mage for people working on Seru earrings. Polly might alre3ady have Chaima's log in info. Is a great xp camp, too !
Neea Cleric
Zneea Wizardess
Gnomeo Gnome

Ah, doing 2 things at once is always better than 1! Thanks Neea.