Old School to NU SkEwLl
Props!

It's nice to see the mages with personalities. I just know them as CoH bots in VT:

Presto, Pazuzu and the gang...

Great post Spinjas!! Cyber, cyber, CYBER!!

It was our favorite bard-bot Volotham who left DC first followed by me. You can't leave out the Sniggles stuff, that was great.

So many stories, so many things, it's been fun even with the asshats.

One of my favorites was in NToV when Cads took over the raid (i think it was the triplets) and started swearing and the like. We had a bunch of noobs on that raid and he put on a demonstration...

Cads: if you stand here you die asshat. If you stand here, no AE, you live. Again, if you stand here you die. If you don't leave the AE area for heals, you die asshat. (meanwhile he was running from safe spot to danger spot. I was laughing my ass off)

There were a few "fucktard" comments in there along the way.

I was in after the dragons but before the Vindi kill. Lots of fun then.. the AoW wipes...

Great post. Thanks for creating it.

Janribet Wrote:It was our favorite bard-bot Volotham who left DC first followed by me. You can't leave out the Sniggles stuff, that was great.

So many stories, so many things, it's been fun even with the asshats.

One of my favorites was in NToV when Cads took over the raid (i think it was the triplets) and started swearing and the like. We had a bunch of noobs on that raid and he put on a demonstration...

Cads: if you stand here you die asshat. If you stand here, no AE, you live. Again, if you stand here you die. If you don't leave the AE area for heals, you die asshat. (meanwhile he was running from safe spot to danger spot. I was laughing my ass off)

I was in after the dragons but before the Vindi kill. Lots of fun then.. the AoW wipes...

Great post. Thanks for creating it.

I think was this close to one of my first Tem raids and at the time I was like oh thank god he doesn't still play, I just know I would hate him. LOL Here I am a year and half later, thinking OMG I am acting and sounding just like Cads. LOL

Funniest raid with Cads ever was and LIS raid he visited us on about 9 months to a year ago and he was tlaking in /rs and other raid channels and standing in the walls. I finally sent him a tell and in a very nice explained things are no longer like that use channels correctly, get out the wall and all that. Well we got to talking and laughing and I finially told him my original /tell I wanted to send was "Know your role and shut your hole". We laughed a lot over that.

Anyway, thanks Spinjas this was great fun to read.
Bora Gann
Warrior of Rallos Zek
     (Retired)

I am NU SkEwLl (and Old School)

When I first landed on EQMac and logged in (the 2 GB download frustrated me to no end, as did the emergency purchase of a better video card), there were only a half dozen toons playing. No one had hit more than level 10. I had a couple days off, and before I knew it, I was level 12 or so. I also had decided that it was unlikely that I could use my favorite tricks in Unrest.

Cromis had reincarnated on a Mac. It was awesome. Yeah, I had graphics problems. Crushbone was completely visually messed up. By the end of the first week, we had discovered that source of platinum called AQUA GOBLINS (pre-nerf). From the beginning of the second week of beta through to the end, it would be rare not to find them camped (with a line). I don't know how many hours Nifurn spent there. But he fed me platinum. Because of the issues with a low population and mostly inexperienced toons, TSed stuff was something of a premium. My favorite tanks all got banded very quickly. By week three I was making Shadowscream on about half of my attempts - my smithing got over 190. (and let me tell you, farming Shadowscream at level 30 was a pita). But, it was still the best armor I could make. I also bought a horse. I lived for a week in PC (through level 35 maybe). Then when I was in my low 40s, something happened. The powers that be selected most of the higher level toons, and bumped us to 65, gave us 15 minutes with a GM to ask for gear and AAs. It was a good thing I asked for mostly VT gear - the EP gear hadn't been fully implemented (no clickies or focus effects). And also spells. We got just the minimum in terms of gear. But AAs ... 600 of them for me. Oh yeah. I got my epic as part of the deal.

I don't know how many of the new 65s promptly deleveled (this was a problem, since most of them didn't have a full set of 60-64 spells - just 65s and a few key others). At least I had Divine Resurrection. Building up an exp buffer took a while. At that point I started farming plat someplace other than the aqua gobs. I found I could solo the entire Vampire castle in TM. Eventually the big guy spawned. I owned him. Turn Undead 3 simply rocks. There is nothing like running to the top of the vamp castle, pulling all the trash, hitting TU3, and watching them run from you - only to die on the way down the stairs.

We had our first dragon kill. There were 6 of us. I think it was Wuoshi. Chaos tanked. I healed. Bastette nuked. I would have to go back and look at the pics for the others. Was Celestia there? Kunark dragons started dropping regularly.

Several of us went after the Alizewsaurus (BDs were just too rare). I killed him 4 or 5 times. I decided it wasn't worth the effort after I lost it once and had to go on a CR (in OOT - hooray boat). So we decided to hit Plane of Fear.

There is nothing like every level 65 in the game sitting around chatting around the PoF portal, naked, waiting for a GM to log on for CR. After 3 or 4 attempts, we decided it wasn't going to happen with our crew.

The last few days of beta, the powers that be decided they wanted a movie - they got a couple groups of us together, and had us kill mobs. Several dragons got owned. Some other stuff. A GM cleared to Tormax for us, we geared up in the throne room, pulled him, and wiped. So we moved on to PoNb and took out some of TTs minions.

And then Cromis went away, returning only last Christmas. Most of the old team had gone. Only a few remained (and they were all in Tem). Once I saw that, there wasn't much question as to where I would tag. And this time it was much easier. Within a couple days of toon creation, Cromis was well equipped (not starting from scratch) thanks to Soul, Nifurn, and the rest of the old crew. I managed to tag 3 weeks in or so, and am now riding on the coattails of those who went before. Trying to walk the fine line between enjoyment and addiction.

And new friends. Its funny, our favorite storied successes are about the times when we screw up - and live to tell about it. Our recent Emp raid will be a classic. The Emp is thinking - this time, I have them right where I ... wth? The time Mordor tanked an unslowed LIS (and the clerics went down like clockwork - as soon as number 4 was rezzed, rebuffed, and ready to go in the rot, number 1 got summoned and executed). And still we move forward. More soloed and one grouped mobs that used to be raid targets. More confidence in one another as a team.

One day I will stand on the broken and bleeding body of Quarm.

Nu SkEwLl and loving it.

Janribet Wrote:One of my favorites was in NToV when Cads took over the raid (i think it was the triplets) and started swearing and the like. We had a bunch of noobs on that raid and he put on a demonstration...

Ha-hah! I remember that. Cadsuane scared me. Still does. I'm scared just thinking how scared I was. :p

Just hearing "fucktard" still makes me laugh!

THG was a such a sad death, but I was part of the last wave of THG->Tem with Fire(Vikana), Lex, and others.
Cheers of the Hunting Cake!! :p

Janribet Wrote:was the triplets) and started swearing and the like. We had a bunch of noobs on that raid and he put on a demonstration...

The screenshots and quotes from that raid: http://www.temerityguild.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5806

It was funny, ya. Although I was the one dealing with the "noobs" (that'd be our recruits from Shield of norrath, for the recod....) who were all reconsidering their decision to join Tem. They were already not happy to be dropping CoV faction (and we were frustrated about getting the Shield folks to show up for the ToV raids -- it was the only place to rapidly gear them up) Tem people weren't happy because we'd been farming ToV for the last year and didn't really want to be back (although it was damn cool to see how easy the zone was...)

The situation was made even better because Cads was over with Vec and Kandyl (and Presto?) at their place, so he had people egging him on.

And I was incredibly frustated at people not in range for heals, and yelling about *that*.... yeah. I'm glad you all came over, but it was a rough few first raids Wink.

All's well that ends well, and as I told Cads just a few days ago: it meant that I had pretty much free reign to be an asshole raidleader for quite a while after that since no matter what I said, I wouldn't be as "bad" as that Wink.
TAKP: Styx (shd), Kythers (wiz), Kynn (mag), Kyth (not a cleric),
AK: Kyth, Killer of Gods and Tanks, retired officer of Temerity

Wow, my masterpiece quote is on that page... I had already applied before that raid too and remember it quite clearly, I got some very nice drops for me at the time, Katana of Pain and a shield I think was called the Shield of Midnight. There was also one more drop in there that I got, the name escapes me at the moment though.

That was actually a very fun raid for me and I didn't mind losing CoV faction to see Cads Smile

Kyth Wrote:Although I was the one dealing with the "noobs" (that'd be our recruits from Shield of norrath, for the recod....) who were all reconsidering their decision to join Tem. .

Not naming any names or anything...

:p

It was way more than just one person having issues hehe...
TAKP: Styx (shd), Kythers (wiz), Kynn (mag), Kyth (not a cleric),
AK: Kyth, Killer of Gods and Tanks, retired officer of Temerity

Oh, I remember the triplet "incident" lol. All I could think was "WTF did I do?? I'm with the healers where I'm supposed to be!" Tongue

Spinja Wrote:Nikolia joined tem and was all like "hi , I'm nikolia, I have wisdom beyond my years and my 9 lives, you will never comprehend my philisophical outlook on life and thus that ma.......ohh look at the string"

Hrm. I guess that puts my joining right about in here! =) The leaving part... uhm.. I don't recall. Cool timeline though!

The honor guard made its first spilt up :-(
And kyth kandyl vector justice (pansy) presto and someone else probably came with them to temerity. Where I had to be the odd ball and went to dc. I still kick myself for that. Kyth does to. I think she gets more plesure out of it though.......hrrrmmm

PS: Hello! I do check in from time to time Smile

/cheer Azure!!!!

Hi Azure!

Holy crap! Azure! Come back and play with us!!
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]