The last three VP dragons die for the first time.
On June 28th, a small intrepid band of seven forced their way into the home of some of Kunark's most secretive foes - Veeshan's Peak. After first defeating Hoshkar and Silverwing, and opening the path inward, the party then took down the three never before defeated beasts. First was Nexona:
[Image: nexona.jpg]
Next was Druushk:
[Image: druushk.jpg]
And finally fell Xygoz:
[Image: xygoz.jpg]
Alas, Phara Dar and her bodyguards proved to be too much for this band of adventurers, but as they left, they vowed to return to fight again.

As a side note, I was rather impressed with some of the artistic detail that went into the zone. Here, in the great hall in VP, we saw a series of murals, commemorating the discovery of Norrath by Veeshan herself, and her placing her mark on the world:
[Image: vpa1.jpg]
[Image: vpa2.jpg]
[Image: vpa3.jpg]
[Image: vpa4.jpg]

NICE!!!

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

Quote Cromer:
"we saw a series of murals, commemorating the discovery of Norrath by Veeshan herself, and her placing her mark on the world:"

I kick myself every time I see a reference to Veeshan and the formation of Norrath. Back in 1999 when i bought my original copy of EQ it came with this really cool opening movie about how the world was formed ect. I'd love to watch it again sometime if I could.

I wonder if it's floating out on the net somewhere?

/em ponders

it kind of makes me sad that the lore of everquest has been pretty much abandoned. i remember reading about various dragons and whatnot and wanting to start playing eq because of crazy plot and stories etc. but yeah... not so much anymore.

Redleaf Wrote:I kick myself every time I see a reference to Veeshan and the formation of Norrath. Back in 1999 when i bought my original copy of EQ it came with this really cool opening movie about how the world was formed ect. I'd love to watch it again sometime if I could.

/em ponders
Launch the EverQuestLP

Click on EverQuestLP in the upper left menu

Click on About EverQuestLP

Enjoy your movie. Big Grin
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

That was a fun trip! Thanks for posting some pics Cromis.

Haldricoth Wrote:it kind of makes me sad that the lore of everquest has been pretty much abandoned. i remember reading about various dragons and whatnot and wanting to start playing eq because of crazy plot and stories etc. but yeah... not so much anymore.

Yeah when I was back in school and eq pc was out and the first expansions were being released I fondly remember the coolness factor of the game and the dragon lore. I wanted to play the game so badly because it sounded awesome. But I had a mac (and uber crappy lol) at the time. My first introduction to the whole concept of raiding was when my friend told me about "these 3 dragons that are so powerful that it takes 30 people working in unison to kill them!" Ah good time.

Redleaf Wrote:Quote Cromer:
"we saw a series of murals, commemorating the discovery of Norrath by Veeshan herself, and her placing her mark on the world:"

I kick myself every time I see a reference to Veeshan and the formation of Norrath. Back in 1999 when i bought my original copy of EQ it came with this really cool opening movie about how the world was formed ect. I'd love to watch it again sometime if I could.

/em ponders
Red, try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSh6qYqxxg

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

EQ lore is far far too fun.

Thanks for those SS's Cromis, that's awesome Smile.
TAKP: Styx (shd), Kythers (wiz), Kynn (mag), Kyth (not a cleric),
AK: Kyth, Killer of Gods and Tanks, retired officer of Temerity

Starsha and Rheyn got together to do this little promo video... we finally found it!

:o

Wow, I used to be hott!
Rheyn O'Seelen [Barbarian Prophet of the 65th rite](retired)
Alternates:
Onyanka D`Ssussun [Dark Elf Cleric of the 31st rung] & Nana [Halfling Druid of the 12th circle]
[Image: th_Bronies-tolerateandlove.jpg]