Sketchy Application
1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.)

Marie and Pane

2. How do you know each of your sponsors?

Marie and I were in Austerity together and have kept in touch ever since then. Pane and I had a nice conversation out in Eastern Wastes, got to know each other a bit, and he agreed to sponsor me!

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo.

Sketchy - 60, Human, Paladin

4. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky?

Shrink item - 10 Dose Ant Potions. I have a 60 Shaman so I can always make more up if needed.
EB item - Lodi  shield, or Lodi ring, depends on my mood =)
Gate items - I love gate items on melee classes, I kinda collect them. I have a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap, Thurg Gate Pot, and an OT hammer!
Invis - Larrikans or Cloudy Potions
Levitate - Peg Cloak

I also carry around a lot of raid use stuff like mallets/strings/dots/emeralds/pearls

5. What alts do you have (name/class/level)?

Sungura - 60, Barbarian, Shaman
Kralik - 60, Halfling, Druid
Stabbs - 60, Halfling, Rogue
Ketamine - 45, Erudite, Mage. Destined for a lonely life somewhere as a CoTHBot

6. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule?

I live just outside Toronto, Ontario, Canada, so I am on EST time. I usually play a couple hours a night quite regularly. A lot of time I spend idling in PoK, but will be around doing house chores and stuff like that. But when it is time to play, I focus and play!

7. Where and when have you played EQ before? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in. 

Wow, this could be a long history lesson.. I started EQ back when I was 16, and played with my brothers. I was a human paladin there too. We played on Antonius Bayle, from Velious, to LoY. We raided with a medium size family guild Hands of Doom.  Eventually I dropped out of EQ all together around LoY and didn't play for about 10 years.

Then 3 or 4 years ago I heard about EQMac. I got it all setup and logged in, and once again was sucked right back into Norrath. I loved being able to box, and it was still the same game I left when I quit previously. My name was Sketched on EQMac, and I was only there during the last year. I promise I wasn't one of the trouble makers! I was in <What> which was a small grouping of people leveling up together and screwing around. Then the server ended =(

After that I ended up on PEQ:TGC like many, and played there for about 2 years. I found it a lot fun to right the legalized macros, do content I never had a chance to do, build a team, learn new classes, and just generally bum around. But it wasn't the same.

When I heard that Secrets, RobRegen, Cavedude and some of the other PEQ:TGC devs were going to be opening up EQMac I was pumped. I was in the original Alpha, showed up to the first Naggy raid, was given a Guise and Title, it was all a really great experience. When the server opened publicly I started levelling my main trio. I ended up grouping up with some Austerity members. I have been in that guild since our first dragon raids in Classic, up to our ST raiding in Velious. I ended up being an officer there and helping out with some of the guild bank organization, tagging people, and helping with loot decisions.

It really weighs on my heart to leave them, but we couldn't sustain our raiding pace with our dwindling numbers. So I have left, and am looking for a new home. Once I am in a guild, I stick around as long as I can. Austerity went through a lot of ups and downs and I was there for all of them. Just not this final crash.

8. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids?

Every server I have played on I have mained a human pally, it is tradition, and I love the class. Back on live I raided Velious - PoP EPs On PEQ:TGC I did Velious - PoP EPs again. Never got through to Time but I hope I will this time =) Here on TAKP I raided with Pal/Shm/Dru or Dru/Shm/Rogue, depending on what classes we needed that night. I frequently would drop a char so that I could box a cleric for the CHEAL rota. I would say I am pretty versatile, seen a lot of content, but I am by no means an expert so please correct me and I am more then happy to listen and adapt =)

9. Why do you want to join Temerity?

Back on EQMac I just remember the members of Temerity being outstanding with their interactions in the community. Nirron doing MGB buffs, Tarkon (maybe) CoTHing me to loot some rotting Rhag loot, and quite a few other positive reactions I don't remember the details. And having a positive role in the community is important to me, and having a guild that takes that route, I want to be part of. I wanted to join Temerity back on Alkabor, but I wasn't able to hit 65 before the server sunset.

I am also interested in the raiding side of things. I have always loved raiding and I like to do it efficiently and well. I am hoping to learn a lot about different classes, raid strats, or whatever from some of the Temerity members. I really want to raid well and I think Temerity will be a great guild to continue to improve my game. Also I find when I read Temerity characters posts on various forums I find myself agreeing with them, and impressed with their knowledge, perspective, and attitudes.

10. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?

I love the challenge at times, the long slow grind that feels so good when it is done. This game is a different pace from a different era and I like that. Part of it is also that this is the main computer game I have played in my life, and I just love it. It seems so simple on the surface but there is a lot going on. I expect fun, frustration, challenges, highs, and lows. Raids, groups, wipes and phat loots. The people you end up meeting is another part of it, I really enjoy getting to know the players on the server. Where they are from? What do they do? Why are they here wasting time with me? 

11. Anything else you want us to know?

I am really interested in getting to know you all, see how you raid, and being part of a new team. I hope we can mesh. Exciting but nervous at the same time. I also idle my chars a lot so if I don't respond right away, its nothing personal =)  Also I have been known to be rambly so if you didn't read all my post I don't blame you.

Your ears must be burning!

So happy to see the app, excited to slay some pixels with you pal and have you meet the team.

And omg, yes - just remembering now Sketchy having multiple mallets at literally every raid (especially when we were all too poor to buy them). I've seen him pacify a lady troll in the swamps more times than I'd like.
[Image: Marie.jpg]

/cheers Sketchy ! I have always had good interactions with you ! Hope you find a sponsor !
Neea Cleric
Zneea Wizardess
Gnomeo Gnome

Hi Sketchy. Great to see your app. If Majo logs on to more raids and becomes full member, I will be happy to sponsor you.  Smile
Tarkon - Rogue
Tarkonia - Cleric
Siman - Enchanter
Member of Temerity

Welcome Sketchy! I look forward to getting to know you!

Oh cool, I used to live in Kitchener! Glad to see your app, man!

Happy to see your app Sketch!

Hey sketchy - so about them antonian javs.

Thanks for the laughs tomight. My abs hurt.
[Image: 587.png]
[Image: 5540.png]

Sketch you're Canadian???
Lurari, Holy Mini-Knight of Brell // Formerly Lurari, Feral Lord. // Once Luluri, Nature Warden // Nickname Lulu

Welcome, Sketchy! Good to see the app

I am not totally computer ignorant but as everyone discord saw tonight, well lets just say it was a laugh. Thanks to whoever helped me out, dunno names to chars yet.

I can make some Atonian Jav, will put it on my to do list. Raised Sketchy's smithing specifically for this purpose, so glad they can find some use.

Yes Lurari, I am Canadian, aren't u or am I thinking of someone else?

Awesome - pretty sure you know im zyzzix from our transactions - and i love me them human javs.

Pane has agreed to be my second sponsor, so thank you to him. His only condition was that I learn how to use discord better so I will do my best on that haha!

(06-03-2017, 04:07 AM)Sketchy Wrote: Yes Lurari, I am Canadian, aren't u or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm a born-again Californian, once upon a time from flyover country (Ohio). Definitely south of the Canadian border.

Are your neighbors moose, elk, or beaver? (I've been told that a Canadian's neighbors say a lot about a person, so I must ask)
Lurari, Holy Mini-Knight of Brell // Formerly Lurari, Feral Lord. // Once Luluri, Nature Warden // Nickname Lulu