Temerity Guild Forum

Full Version: EQPC Veteran Rewards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was messing around with EQPC, not sure if I really have the time to play it or not. But, anyway, it says I've got 1.5 years of veteran awards. That doesn't make much sense, it would seem I should have either nothing (because I paid for EQMac and not EQPC) or I should have full rewards from 2004 until free-to-play (2011?).

What have other people gotten when they moved over? Not sure if I should petition it.

Thanks!
Makes sense. F2P hit EQ sometime in 2012.

Oh yeah, have all Vet Rewards. >.<
Each account seems to vary. I had no credit at all for EQMac time. But if you ever so much as logged in to a PC server, that Vet clock started ticking. I forget how much time I have accrued...
no vet rewards for me either and petition i was told they would not give them to me, I was 04 as well and currently all access account
When I joined PC Xegony in January I called to get my old account password changed. I began in Julyish or Augustish of 1999. The account had 9 Vet AAs, I got year 10 about 50 some odd days ago. I don't really understand how the account accrues time because I played until 03/04ish and then quit until AlKabor in 09 but started a new account there. I think their math is fuzzy.
The good news, Dwin, is you won't need Vet AAs to solo certain dragons and turtles in Velious.. Wink
Your important vet reward is one you should have now....Lesson of the Devoted, which doubles your xp earned for 30 minutes, every 20 hours.
Yeah dunno how entitlement accrues as Mang has like, 60 years of entitlement.

Did they forego a 15th year vet reward?

EDit: Meant to say I dunno how entitlement accrues. Already know Mang has a lot more than most due to being a Guide. Go Go lack of sleep ftw!
Well, after petitioning them, it looks like I don't get either Silver account status or veteran rewards. Which means that I can't even join the temerity channel without paying them money. They've got a long way to go before they earn another dime out of me, and telling me to pay $15/month to chat certainly isn't earning my love.

I thought they said somewhere that we would have some kind of rewards for coming over to PC side, but either my search ability has failed me, or I just imagined the whole thing. After all, why treat someone who had a paying subscription for 8 years (until they forced free-to-play on us) any better than a non-customer?

Bah, now I remember why I gave up the game, rather than going to PC.
Your account had to be paid to accrue veteran time before F2P, not sure how it's handled since F2P was introduced.
The problem is they didn't count the 8-9 years of paid accounts for EQMac players. Because they never logged on a character on the PC-side servers, it didn't record them as actually having membership.

Which is the problem Dwin is having. Though he was on Al'Kabor since what, 2004/5? and paid subscription through to FTP, those 7-8 years didn't count toward Veterans since he didn't log on PC servers. Several people who only played on Al'Kabor and not a live server before it had the same issue I believe.