Ike
I don't know of any Tems' that are in Houston, Galveston, or any other area of the country affected by Ike. There might be. There could be friends and other forum readers affected too. To anyone there, or anyone with family or friends there, know that our thoughts are with you at this time. The damage was bad, and it will be a while until normality is restored. Hopefully our government and our idiot leader will try not to be so embarrassed by inattention and inaction this time around, and you will get all the help you need in a timely manner.

For my part, I do not have family there. But my company's headquarters is in Houston, and all our IT has been offline since sometime early Saturday morning.
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.

Houston and Galveston got hit pretty hard. Being in Austin, we took on many evacuees and thankfully, the storm spared us. Everyone I know in those areas are safe and sound so for that I am blessed.

Officials are saying it might be a month before power is fully restored to greater Houston. I'm sure Wook's company will be up and running soon and they'll be cracking the whip again.

Cabot lives in Houston, and I havent seen him on since the hurricane. Another of our friends, Nydi, also lives in Houston. Im crossing my fingers that they are out of there or safe at least.
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

hemper Wrote:Cabot lives in Houston, and I havent seen him on since the hurricane. Another of our friends, Nydi, also lives in Houston. Im crossing my fingers that they are out of there or safe at least.

Good news Cabot posted his well being and even has power and DSL!!

Yes Smile Good news, indeed. I spoke with Cabot yesterday, but thanks for the posting here as well
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

The company I work for is based in Houston also. Haven't had email for 9 days now, that Ike packed a punch.
[/url][Image: 1200.png][url=http://www.allakabor.com/profile/1200]

Yeah, my company moved all their essential IT to the Sunnyvale office, and it hasn't moved back to Houston yet. The travel department hasn't shown up again either. A bunch of projects are in trouble because key players are still trying to get their situations under control. I'm supposed to have a project manager on the account I'm working until Feb, but none has been assigned so far because there is nobody working who's free.
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.