Putting Out Quavonis's Firey Tail
This is Quavonis Firetail:

[Image: quavonis-firetail-closeup.png]

Quavonis lives in Doomfire, the Burning Lands. (Plane of Fire to those of you who are like me and to lazy to type all that every damn time.) Quavonis thinks he's (she's?) safe, because of where she (he?) lives. This is where Quavonis Firetail lives:

[Image: quavonis-firetail-room.png]

It doesn't really come thru the static picture very well, but this is a big room, full of lava. This cavern is at the end of a long tunnel also full of lava. Getting here is kinda a PITE (Pain In The Everything). So we didn't go there. Instead, we used l33t Temerity pulling strats (we called it a "chicken of the sea") and pulled it out to the raid.

And it killed us.

But because we don't give up easy (we're kinda dumb that way), we gave it another shot.

And then we killed it.

I think SOE or Verant (whoever owned this damn game when PoP was designed) did a spectacular job on the phoenix models. In a fasion true to my once-bard heart, Quavonis Firetail left an excellent looking corpse:

[Image: quavonis-firetail-corpse.png]

Gratz Zorblak on this server first:

[Image: cloak-of-combustion.png]

And also gratz Devadamone:

[Image: elemental-silk-sleeve-patern.png]
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.

And I thought I liked Pyronis and Banoxis ...

[Wed Mar 19 23:53:42 2008] Karry tells the raid, '~~~ INC: Jaxoliz Dawneyes ~~~'
[Wed Mar 19 23:53:53 2008] Kwelynin shouts, '========= KILL Jaxoliz Dawneyes NOW! ========= (but politely)'
[Wed Mar 19 23:54:47 2008] You gained raid experience!

Time from inc call to Exp: 65 seconds.

[Wed Mar 19 23:58:15 2008] Karry tells the raid, '~~~ INC: Criare Sunmane ~~~'
[Wed Mar 19 23:58:36 2008] Kwelynin shouts, '========= KILL Criare Sunmane NOW! ========= (but politely)'
[Wed Mar 19 23:59:34 2008] You gained raid experience!

Time from inc call to Exp: 79 seconds

[Thu Mar 20 00:47:33 2008] Oompah says, 'Hail, Quavonis Firetail'
[Thu Mar 20 00:47:49 2008] Kwelynin shouts, '========= KILL Quavonis Firetail NOW! ========= (but politely)'
[Thu Mar 20 00:50:59 2008] You gained raid experience!

From mob inc to exp: 206 seconds.

I love this place ....

And they TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah - that delicious roasted chicken - like all chargrilled on the outside, but juicy on the inside... mmmmm.

What a flat out blast - I actually enjoyed the Shadow Stepping - it was like having that last dance with a girl you know you're not going to see again, except that it was a bird and we killed it at the end of the dance.

:eek: Big Grin :eek:

Thik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

Thiklan Wrote:Yeah - that delicious roasted chicken - like all chargrilled on the outside, but juicy on the inside... mmmmm.

Mmmm...I'ma bring muh BBQ sauce next week!

Thiklan Wrote:What a flat out blast - I actually enjoyed the Shadow Stepping

I thought it was fun! The raid area was also fun becasue it was open and you could see clear across...people popping and stepping all over the place. It was great.

Definiely nice to not have to be smooshed in corners!

Did anyone else end up at the bottom of the lava during one of those shadow steps like me? haha Smile
Arguile Ganjpuffer

Shtop looking at me shwan.

hawt kill Big Grin

[EDIT] and zomg more double lewtz plox!

Arguile Wrote:Did anyone else end up at the bottom of the lava during one of those shadow steps like me? haha Smile
On the first attempt it shadowstepped me into the lava 3 times on the pull before I made it back to the raid. It shadowstepped me into the lava once on the second attempt pull too, because I wasn't sure what it's range was. And then once again during the second kill.

All I can say about that lava, is it's really red, when you are under it. Big Grin
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.