Into the Wild - omfg
** no spoilers **

Just saw this movie last night and was left shell shocked. Great writing and acting (i sincerely mean this), beautiful cinematography and the life-lessons learned throughout the story were very real and poignant.

There is nothing Hollywood about this film, which I appreciate greatly since it is a true story.

I can't believe I waited this long before screening it.

I won't get into the plot details, but you can check them out here if you wish.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/

Loved the book, haven't seen the flick yet.

Also love the soundtrack...what's wrong with me, I MUST SEE THIS!
Arguile Ganjpuffer

Shtop looking at me shwan.

Has anyone tried renting movies from iTunes and plugging the computer in via USB to their HD TVs? I haven't tried but would like to start renting movies like this.... I have a Samsung. Anything special I need to do?
Arguile Ganjpuffer

Full HD (1080p) requires an HDMI input/output, which Macs presently don't have. If you TV monitor accepts DVI (the same connector as on the Mac) then you can use a cable to get a max resolution of 720p (Apple TV HD). The TV may also have a standard VGA input (VGA would offer 640 x 480 res, up to SXGA at 1280 x 1024, not HD 1920 x 1080 but close). Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about this but this is what i have read. Cool

Apple website states that Apple TV will do Full HD. I suggest that you look at an Apple TV.

Thanks for the input! I will have to test it out.

Apple - get with the program!
Arguile Ganjpuffer

Apple has said that future macs will have HDMI.
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.

I read the book a few years ago and I thought it was really well done.

On the plane across the giant pond two weeks ago I managed to watch the movie. I thought it was pretty good, albeit slow at times.

And yeah, the Eddie Vedder soundtrack was brilliant.

Yes, it was a really...hmm...profound movie, imo. Was asked to watch it a second time and had to pass.

It's not a movie for everyone, but it was really good.

And I second everything that Redleaf said, because it was really good. It almost had an indy feel and I love movies like that. Smile

I watched this movie without knowing it was a true story, so imagine how I felt at the end... Sad
Rheyn O'Seelen [Barbarian Prophet of the 65th rite](retired)
Alternates:
Onyanka D`Ssussun [Dark Elf Cleric of the 31st rung] & Nana [Halfling Druid of the 12th circle]
[Image: th_Bronies-tolerateandlove.jpg]

I read the book this past summer and didn't like it very much. Strangely enough, I watched the movie tonight without having seen this post. I liked it a lot better than the book, but was surprised by the scene with the mammary glands in it, and didn't have time to cover my eyes before my virgin mind was made less innocent.

Anyway, I just thought I'd comment that it's funny that I saw this tonight and that I like the movie a lot more than the book.