Severilous takes a dirt nap
There's nothing like killing a dragon, and I like to push my limits to see what I can solo. Today's test subject is Severilous, and he sounds kinda cocky to start with:

Severilous says 'Very cute, mortal. Please, please, don't kill me. Hah! Tell me, are you immune to poison? I certainly hope so. I am.'

Well, let's see if I'm immune to poison. He cast Ceticious Cloud 187 times, I resisted it 187 times. Yes, it seems that I am.

After I remembered to dispell the haste he buffs himself with, the fight went pretty smooth. Backed into a corner of the nearby ruins, healed myself, and meleed with my mace of mana-proccing.

[Image: sev_fight.jpg]

Fast forward to 13 minutes later, I've cast a few nukes, but most of the DPS is my damage shield. I've procced an extra 4400 mana and poured it into heals, and the dragon starts running.

Since the stupid dragon is a belly caster, it's really hard to finish him off as he runs away. I end up having to run ahead where I think the dragon is going to be, start casting, and hope he's on top of me when the nuke finishes casting. And we're running across the zone picking up adds as I'm doing this, what a pain. Eventually:

Severilous's corpse says 'This can not be! How did one such as you slay me? I curse you, your children, and your children's children. All here will pay!'

He was so embarrassed at being beaten that he buried his head in the ground to ruin my photo.

[Image: sev_corpse.jpg]

Oh, and to be a proper tank, here's the parse of the fight:
Parse of fight with Severilous, Fri Apr 11 23:19:46 2008
Attack
Type
Total
Damage
Approx.
DPS
MinAverMaxAccurHitMissBlockDodgeParryRipoAbsorb
kick7248 9.1121 127.2134 0.613573402000
claw81878 103.0140 309.0520 0.55326520509000
All Melee89126 112.1121 276.8520 0.563322239011000
Approximate duration of fight = 795 seconds
Elder Dwin Gamgee <Temerity>

Nice job, Dwin!
Moulder, 65 Necromancer and off hour corpse summoner

You rock Dwin!

Dwin Wrote:Severilous says 'Very cute, mortal. Please, please, don't kill me. Hah! Tell me, are you immune to poison? I certainly hope so. I am.'

Well, let's see if I'm immune to poison. He cast Ceticious Cloud 187 times, I resisted it 187 times. Yes, it seems that I am.

He was so embarrassed at being beaten that he buried his head in the ground to ruin my photo.

Dwin you crack me up. These are my fave highlights from your post. WTG u rawk!!

OB

Niiiiice.

Damn, that's freakin' awesome.

GRATZ DUDE, NICE KILL.I ALWAYS HATED THAT MOB...
I can hear a bullfrog calling me!!!!!!
GREEN RIVER by CCR... gotta love it.

em/bows

11 dodges and 45% miss rate! nice!
Arguile Ganjpuffer

Shtop looking at me shwan.

lmao way to go dwiny!

Yeah, that's just flat out cool - I'm still afraid of that dragon, but now I won't be if Dwin's around!

:p Big Grin :p

Thik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

Nice job. And I thought I was something by soloing fiends.:eek: