Airport Extreme help with Time Warner
Hi peeps! I'm trying to get my internet hooked up at the 'rent's house (yes, i moved home :eek: ). i'm having some trouble with getting my imac g5 on the internet using the airport extreme base station i just bought.

my parent's imac g5 is connected to the airport via cat 5 LAN connection and the internet works fine as long as connection sharing is set to "bridged mode."

the other mac is picking up the wireless connection and the base unit, but will not connect to the internet. i can actually change settings on the base unit from my remote computer via the wireless network, but it's saying there are network problems the diagnostic program can't fix. it displays the ip as "self assigned."

i have it configured in dhcp, and time warner uses a dynamic ip. when i look at the internet connection info for the base unit it's showing a 169 ip address. it seems that the router is not creating/distributing new ip addresses for the 2 macs and i don't know what to do.

i'm gonna call apple support, but i thought i'd throw it up here cuz u all are teh l33t haxx0rz. i'm sure i'm just overlooking something easy... thanx for any help or advice Smile

ob

haha see? what did i tell u? stupid pally boy forgot to take the battery out of the cable modem so it never fully reset... intarwebs are now fully operational in my new crib and u will be seeing me very soon in a zone near you! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

ob

I was gonna suggest that but then i figured "no, no one else makes that stupid mistake".
-- Riott

Hehe, They make you sleep in a crib! Dude!!! Clay NY is the place to be!!

Janribet Wrote:Hehe, They make you sleep in a crib!

actually, it's a really really cool racecar bed! vroom vroooom!

Onebad Wrote:actually, it's a really really cool racecar bed! vroom vroooom!
walk walk walk
-- Riott

Oswego is the place to be! Less people, less crime, less intelligence, less teeth!

Thoran

Onebad Wrote:actually, it's a really really cool racecar bed! vroom vroooom!

now what you have to do onebad if you havent done already is rent the movie "grandma's boy" because its a fucking sweet car!!!Big Grin
Bacchus

I love all my little minions... until they turn on me and i have to break their pretty little necks.

yeah, my "roommates" gave it to me. i'm hoping my brother hooks me up with some sweet rims for it... grandma's boy FTW!!!