Greetings Temerity
Hello folks,

I hope this finds you all well. My name is Scott, I'm 35 and live in Arizona. I am married, I have 14 yr old daughter and a furkid who is a year and a half. Professionally, (if you can call it that) I am a merchandising director for a company that does cad work, digital renderings, graphic layout and press services. I love photography, firearms, pretty much anything outdoors and of course the reason I am here... fantasy based mmo's.

I come from the generation that watched the cpu grow from a huge infant to the tiny chips they use today. I am an old pen and paper guy who payed for his C128 with his paper route. Ok some mmo history, played UO and then started eq in 99/2000. I played until right around the GoD expansion I believe, not totally sure it's been awhile and I abused too many substances earlier in life.

After a small hiatus I played EQ2 for about 2 weeks, then I received an email from turbine granting me beta for DDO. I stayed with DDO until a month or so after release. While it was really rewarding helping with a game that had such a burden of excellence due to its moniker, it failed to live up to that expectation by a long, long shot. On a positive note I was able to group with Gary Gygax in the dungeon he himself narrates before he passed away. After that it was an invite to final beta of Vanguard. Great idea and concept. Poor execution and too much "who is in charge". To their credit they took on a huge challenge.

Ok, now that you have heard Way more then you wanted to know about me, let me get to the present. I am a fairly new mac guy, I love this machine and the OS. I haven't played any game really in probably around a year. Around a week or so ago I got the itch. I google "mac + mmo" and looky what I found. Low and behold the original eq with a ruleset that isnt wow'd. I thought to myself, could this still be fun? I wonder what it looks like. Well I signed up for my trial. I am happy to say when it ends Tuesday I will be getting a subsciption, in fact I knew this within an hour of logging in.

This server has been incredibly helpful and members of Temerity have been no exception in that aspect, in fact some have been incredibly generous. I have read up on your procedures and policies. I've done some additional reading to get a good feel for your guild, so while this isn't an official app due to my level, I wanted you to know my intentions of applying and say a not-so-quick hello.

Again, a huge thanks to those that have been a part of my return here to Norrath. From some gear to advice and reminders to a simple comment to keep my chin up and keep grinding. Thank you guys and I will see more of you for sure.

Zhenn

Nice to hear from you Zhenn!

One constant we've heard from the few that played EQPC is in regards to our community. It is unlike any other in MMO's. I'm glad that you've come full circle and are enjoying things here on Al'Kabor. Will keep an eye out for you when I'm online.
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Hi 2 u look for me online i'll buff you so grinding comes easy and will group with lower lvl toons to help ya out good to have new peep on our server I can help with anything u might be doing just ask 8 )

HI Zhenn!

Hope to see you in game soon!
Marshall Stamm Bladecaster - 65 Overlord, max AA (559).  GM Blacksmith, Baker.
Hunter Flankar Flamecaller - 65 Forest Stalker, 500+ AA.  GM Baker, Fletcher, Brewer, Jeweler.
Exarch Barbarra Bodybaggins - 65 Archon, 400+ AA. GM Tailor, Potter.

Hey Zhenn good to see you making an account here, etc Smile

Boss and I ran into Zhenn in paludal working on some alts a couple weeks ago, he's pretty cool Big Grin
[Image: 749.png]

Welcome to the boards, Zhenn.

Let me know in game or here if I can help you with anything! Big Grin
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

Ooh, hey. I'm from Arizona too. Whereabouts are you from?

Hello, hello!!

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Saenayil, I am in Glendale. Asher is in AZ too, got a lil tribe started.

Zhenn Wrote:Hello folks,

I hope this finds you all well. My name is Scott, I'm 35 and live in Arizona. I am married, I have 14 yr old daughter and a furkid who is a year and a half. Professionally, (if you can call it that) I am a merchandising director for a company that does cad work, digital renderings, graphic layout and press services. I love photography, firearms, pretty much anything outdoors and of course the reason I am here... fantasy based mmo's.

I come from the generation that watched the cpu grow from a huge infant to the tiny chips they use today. I am an old pen and paper guy who payed for his C128 with his paper route. Ok some mmo history, played UO and then started eq in 99/2000. I played until right around the GoD expansion I believe, not totally sure it's been awhile and I abused too many substances earlier in life.

After a small hiatus I played EQ2 for about 2 weeks, then I received an email from turbine granting me beta for DDO. I stayed with DDO until a month or so after release. While it was really rewarding helping with a game that had such a burden of excellence due to its moniker, it failed to live up to that expectation by a long, long shot. On a positive note I was able to group with Gary Gygax in the dungeon he himself narrates before he passed away. After that it was an invite to final beta of Vanguard. Great idea and concept. Poor execution and too much "who is in charge". To their credit they took on a huge challenge.

Ok, now that you have heard Way more then you wanted to know about me, let me get to the present. I am a fairly new mac guy, I love this machine and the OS. I haven't played any game really in probably around a year. Around a week or so ago I got the itch. I google "mac + mmo" and looky what I found. Low and behold the original eq with a ruleset that isnt wow'd. I thought to myself, could this still be fun? I wonder what it looks like. Well I signed up for my trial. I am happy to say when it ends Tuesday I will be getting a subsciption, in fact I knew this within an hour of logging in.

This server has been incredibly helpful and members of Temerity have been no exception in that aspect, in fact some have been incredibly generous. I have read up on your procedures and policies. I've done some additional reading to get a good feel for your guild, so while this isn't an official app due to my level, I wanted you to know my intentions of applying and say a not-so-quick hello.

Again, a huge thanks to those that have been a part of my return here to Norrath. From some gear to advice and reminders to a simple comment to keep my chin up and keep grinding. Thank you guys and I will see more of you for sure.

Zhenn

Hey Zhenn,

I picked up Servant of Bones the other day while trying to get Call of the Hero. Look me up in game if you want it.

Glad to see you make an account here. If you need anything just ask. Prepare to have me bug you for DMF all the time. Smile

Asher - Maestro

Greetings!

If someone saw you in Paludal recently, you're probably already too high level to play with my alts (all in their teens).

That said, I'll keep an eye out for you, and happy leveling!Big Grin
Ms. Viva IceBear
Deceiver of Temerity

Good girls don't play rogues.

Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Hi Viva!

I'm sorry I missed a tell form you yesterday. I am just trying to squeeze in whatever exp I can and alot of the time I may be afk (actually working).

I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to hanging out with more of you!

I just havent been on the site in about 4 or 5 days so i wanted to say hello and hope to see you in game!