The Test of Tactics: A PvP Event
Below is my post on the EQMac raid forum. I am reposting it here for those members that do not frequent EQMac.

Al'Kaborians -

I have always enjoyed player versus player competition and have decided to host an event of such.

WHEN: Sunday, February 22nd, 2009. 3pm Eastern Standard Time
WHERE: The Lake Rathe Arena

There will be three separate competitions: Team versus Team, Partners Face-Off and Duels.

Here is a breakdown of each event:

TEAM VERSUS TEAM

A team name
6 players per team
1.2k Entry fee per team

This will be a bracket tournament. Initial team pairings will be random at the event.

The battle will take place on the platform in the middle of the arena.
The only rule is that no competing player may leave the center platform during the battle, and no NON-competing player may enter the platform, or interfere with the combat in progress. Anyone is welcome to SIT (NO STANDING) around the edges of the platform to watch the battle.

Before the battle begins, every player in each competing group will be fully dispelled of ALL BUFFS. Once complete, a 2 minute buffing period will follow. There will be 30 seconds after this buff period to get set. The Bell will be sounded in the shout channel.

The team that either 1) eliminates all 6 players on the opposing team or 2) has the most players standing at the end of 10 minutes will be declared the winner and will move on to the next round.

The winning team of the tournament will receive the entire pot (every team's entry fee).

PARTNER FACE-OFF

2 players per team
1k entry fee

This will also be a bracket tournament and initial team pairings will be random at the start of the event.

As with the first event, the fight will take place on the center platform and the same rules of interference apply.

Both duos will be fully dispelled before the fight begins. A 3 minute buff period will follow, with a 5 minute recovery period. Each pair may not receive any buffs from players outside of their duo.

A winning pair will be called after either 1) one pair is eliminated or 2) 10 minutes has elapsed. After 10 minutes, if pairs have the same number of members standing (either 1v1 or 2v2), a sudden death period of 3 minutes will be called in /shout. If there is still no winner, both pairs will move on to the next round.

The winning pair of the tournament will receive the entire pot.

DUELS

Solo
1k entry fee per contestant.

This is the biggest event for bragging rights. Duels on the center platform. a 1 minute buff period and 2 minute recovery time.

These battles have no time limit and will be to the death.

A bracket will be randomly set up at the beginning of the event.

FOR ALL EVENTS

There are no class restrictions. These are not class competitions. There are also no guild boundaries for teams. Players are encouraged to cross guild lines when creating teams and pairs.

FOR SPECTATORS

This is a civil event (except for those in battle). Hackling, derogatory comments or other unsportsman-like conduct will not be tolerated. If such behavior ensues, the offending player will be asked to leave the arena. If such player refuses to leave, she or he will be reported to SOE.

Spectators are encouraged to cheer in /ooc for their favored teams. Please keep /shout clear, as that will be where instructions, fight calls, fight ending and other event-related information will be broadcast.

If there are any questions regarding this event, please do not hesitate to send me a private message on the TEMERITY WEB SITE (http://www.temerityguild.org).

If you are interested in being a moderator for this event, please contact me for what will be expected of moderators.

Thank you and hope to see everyone there!

/Emryes Extraordinaire

You still left out the Drunken Free-For-All!

Big Grin
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Emryes Wrote:TEAM VERSUS TEAM

A team name
6 players per team
1.2k Entry fee per team

This will be a bracket tournament. Initial team pairings will be random at the event.

----->

FOR ALL EVENTS

There are no class restrictions. These are not class competitions. There are also no guild boundaries for teams. Players are encouraged to cross guild lines when creating teams and pairs.

I'm not sure I understood here - will the teams be randomly formed, or created by the PvP'ers?

Thik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

You form your own teams.

Formed teams would be randomly paired with other formed teams.
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Em, are you going to have any rules for harmtouch/manaburn?

Utdaan Wrote:You form your own teams.

Formed teams would be randomly paired with other formed teams.

This is correct.

Saenayil Wrote:Em, are you going to have any rules for harmtouch/manaburn?

No - If it is in your arsenal, you are able to use it.

Emryes Wrote:No - If it is in your arsenal, you are able to use it.

Manaburn is kinda self-limiting in an event like this anyways. The reuse timer on it is about 2.5 hours, so you really only get to use it in one fight in an event. Also the 6 second cast time, afaik, can't be reduced by any sort of focus or AAs. Getting off a 6 second spell is a real problem against many opponent classes.
[Image: 749.png]

Why does everyone always do these things in the Rathe arena? It's too big to see from the edges, but the center platform is too small to be good for ranged dps. What's wrong with the Bazaar arena? Good size, nice comfy seating for the spectators, and not a pain in the ass to get to.

Zorblak Wrote:Why does everyone always do these things in the Rathe arena? It's too big to see from the edges, but the center platform is too small to be good for ranged dps. What's wrong with the Bazaar arena? Good size, nice comfy seating for the spectators, and not a pain in the ass to get to.

It's old school to go to LR Arena :-)

Wish I could make it, but during that time I'll most definitely be working
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

Emryes Wrote:It's old school to go to LR Arena :-)

I'd rather have more fun than earn Old School creds. Tongue

Yeah, Bazaar arena is so much more convenient and fun than the rathe arena. Also, spectators can sit outside of the PVP field and still watch the action up close

I've always loved the LR arena, though I suppose it's not as easy to get to as the bazaar. No space like it for a last-toon-standing grand melee!

Only issue I ever had with the platform wasn't so much size as the fact that because it's elevated (unlike most EQ arenas), it's possible to shadowstep or yonder off the platform by accident and disqualify yourself.

Ravenwing

But Bazaar is laggy as well

Sethers Wrote:But Bazaar is laggy as well

Really? Even though there aren't any active traders any more? I've haven't had any lag issues using the Bazaar arena in a long time.