Bertoxx has fallen and can't get up
A large group of adventurers went on a history field trip, to learn about the 12 kings laid to rest in Lxanvom. Little did we know they had been corrupted and brought back to a hideous mockery of life! Being good citizens, we removed their flesh from this plane of existance.

Most of them weren't film worthy, but i did snap this one picture of Quezzin

[Image: quezzinadan.jpg]

After cleaning house, some walking corpse called Bertoxxulous spawned and went for a stroll. He saw our awesomeness and wanted it for his own. Poor Bertoxx. His health just kept dropping, and contrary to popular belief, LIFEALERT did not save him.

[Image: bertoxfellover.jpg]

got a rotting fist (rysia) and decaying shoes of the plaguebringer (eloween) for our trouble.
Mechaike

Congrats Tems :-)

grats guys. sorry i missed it, had to work on a lab report Sad
[Image: 773.png]

So as perfect as that was, can't let a funny story go by....

Sikk and Zetro asked for TLoc boxes throughout the raid while pulling, and as I was MA also, it was target, call a mob, target sikk or zet, tloc, target a new mob.

Set up what I though were good keys, /target sikk but kept getting tells from Sikk that he needed a tloc. Just as I figured out that Sikkira was being boxed by Hemper, I get a tell from Zorblak asking if I'm trying to Tloc Sikk and if so, to change my key to Sikko as ......

Sorry Sikk and Hemp, but man that was still an awesome raid.

LoL I thought Zorb was trying to boot Sikkiri for lag purposes! Great raid all.

Posted on EQ mac in Stamm's thread here: http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8146
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

hemper Wrote:Posted on EQ mac in Stamm's thread here: http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8146
Big Grin Big Grin

Great job, everyone!!

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

Lore for those interested:

Ruins of Lxanvom, Crypt of Decay

The crypt was originally built upon Antonica in an age long past to house the dead kings of a long dead ancient race. That race called it Lxanvom that means in their tongue, 'Kings Rest'. As they filled it with their dead royalty a festering evil began to take over in the lower bowels of the crypt. Some scholars say this was the birth of Bertoxxulous, others claim that he has been around since time began and it was just the first ancient recording of his coming. However, his power within the crypt grew stronger as years passed. The time came when he made his presence known outside the crypt.

At first he let only those within this ancient civilization who held the power of decay and waste dear to their hearts know of him. As these first priests of decay came to be one of their number was held above the others. His name was Ultor Szanvon the Putrid; he led the priests of decay in the spreading of their dark doctrine. Ultor was able to scheme and murder his way into the position of the chief advisor of the present king of this civilization. Once Ultor reached this position of power he tricked the king into coming into the crypt to visit the tombs of his ancestors. Within the crypt in the presence of Bertoxxulous' full might he performed a dark ritual sacrificing the king in the center of the crypt. Through this ritual he summoned twelve spirits of previous kings and bound them to his service. These creatures rampaged through the land causing death and destruction as they went. They were also carrying an extremely deadly plague. This plague spread like wildfire across the land wiping out the remnants of this ancient civilization.

Bertoxxulous took great pride in the fact that he had wiped out this civilization. He took his minions from the land and also summoned the entirety of the crypt to his home in the Plane of Disease. It is said that the form that Bertoxxulous favors when he visits the crypt is a twisted version of the long dead race he wiped out ages ago.

The Twelve Heroes of Bertoxxulous

Deep within the Crypt of Decay were the twelve burial chambers of the Ancient Kings. These twelve kings were Feig Glaemod, Xu Ezuqu, Kavilis Dri, Raddi Nroo, Wavadozzik Grequex, Zandal Bri, Akkapan Perin, Meedo Wrolo, Qezzin Adan, Pzo Wefian, and Bhaly Nestif. They were the first kings that had founded and ruled over the ancient civilization that had built the crypt originally. When Bertoxxulous' high priest, Ultor Szanvon, performed the dark summoning and sacrificed the current king of that civilization ages ago, the twelve spirits of the ancient kings were ripped out of there long peaceful rest and were forced to coalesce into the form of the twelve Heroes of Bertoxxulous.

Each of these heroes was given a unique form, except the four most ancient that received the same form. These heroes vary in powers and abilities, depending on which king's soul and form they received. Once the dark summoning was over and they were all in their given forms they were sent to complete the destruction of this ancient civilization.

Darwol Adan: Darwol was the last of the kings to receive his own private burial chamber. He was credited with leading his civilization into the final stages of a permanent golden age. When his soul was ripped from his peaceful rest, he was forced into the form of a ravenous rat creature. In the rat creature the soul became corrupted with malevolence and was known for its brute strength and temperament. He wielded a large cleaver known as Dark Corruption.

Feig Adan: Feig was the eleventh king in the burial chamber. He was known to be a just and valorous king who was honored by his people with a holiday of his own. His soul was ripped forcefully from its rest and forced into that of a diseased creature. After leading the destruction of numerous cities and other lands he created a magical belt known as the Putrefied Belt of Death from the dead skin of his victims.

Xu Adan: Xu was a sorcerer king that wielded powerful magic to aid and defend his people. He created many of his own spells during his reign and was loved by all. However when disturbed from his rest he was immediately joined with a powerful magic wielding undead creature. From there he used his powers of magic for necromancy and desecrated the very earth he walked on. He was credited with the creation of the Wrath of Souls.

Kavilis Adan: Kavilis was a learned and intelligent king. Called the Scholar King by many during his reign, he led the people in the building of the first schools and universities in the land. When his soul was ripped out of his rest and forced into a foul creature it took the form of a twisted malevolent mosquito. He flew across the land spreading pestilence and corruption. It is rumored that his needle nose could be wielded as a fine rapier if the right craftsman is found.

Raddi Adan: Raddi was a famed warrior in his own right and knew no match in one on one battle. During a battle ages ago he led a small troop of his people and held off thousands of troops turning the tide of the war. His soul was forced into that of an undead knight. Given his immense skill with weapons he tore across the land leaving trails of blood wherever he went. He wields a one-handed blade known as Blood Defiance.

Wavadozzik Adan: The seventh king to ever rule the kingdom, Wavadozzik is said to be by some the wisest king that has ever lived. Learned in the ways of priestly magic his kindness and wisdom was unheard of. When his soul was ripped from its rest it was put into an arachnid creature. He spread venomous poison across the land, driving those before him in fear and terror. The chitin of his hardened shell should make an excellent armor.

Zandal Adan: Zandal was a noble king filled with good intentions. He led his people to a new pinnacle in life standards. When his soul was ripped from its rest it was forced into a fly creature. It wandered the land feasting on the carrion of the dead as it spread its deadly plague. Its shimmering wings could perhaps be used to craft a shield.

Akkapan Adan: Akkapan was better known as The Nimble for his quick feet and quicker wit. A rogue at heart, he was one of the most loved by his people. His soul was ripped out of its resting place and placed into that of a quick-footed rat creature. Given his stealthy nature he would run ahead scout out cities and lands for his fellow brethren all the while spreading the accursed plague that he carried with him. He wields two daggers known as Green Tears and Red Tears.

Meedo Adan: The fourth king and perhaps the greatest next to the founder, Meedo, was a mighty warrior and sorcerer in his own right. Worshipped fanatically during his reign, Meedo was known for rebuilding the ruling palace into a magnificent building unlike any other. He also foiled many assassination attempts against his person and expanded his kingdom to include many new lands. When his soul was ripped from its rest and forced into the creation of Bertoxxulous he took the same as the other first three kings. It was that of a hulking diseased humanoid, strongest of the forms given. He wielded a large glaive as his weapon and led a crazed army of terrors along with the other first three kings.

Qezzin Adan: The third king of this ancient civilization, he was known as ruler of a peace and harmony. He forged a great treaty with many neighboring kingdoms that lasted many years. When ripped from his rest he was given the form of a hulking diseased humanoid, like the other first kings. Being extremely powerful he led a crazed army of terrors with the other first kings. He was known to carry a large magical artifact with him.

Pzo Adan: Pzo was a warrior monk trained in the ways of self-enlightenment. He led the great enlightenment across his kingdom. Also known for his fondness of arena fighting, his soul was ripped from its rest and forced into the form a hulking diseased humanoid like the other first three kings. He was also known for his weapon called the Fist of Death.

Bhaly Adan: Known as The Founder, the first king was the greatest of all the kings buried within the crypt. He carved his kingdom out of a wild land and forged it with blood and steel. He was a determined warrior with great leadership abilities rarely ever seen. Bhaly was the creator of the legendary item, the Torch of Lxanvom, which was part of a key for the Crypt of Decay.

Bertoxxulous
Bertoxxulous, the Plaguebringer, is ruler over the Plane of Disease, which is dark and drippy with geysers of ooze and rivers of pus. The land itself looks, feels and even smells like decaying flesh, and is inhabited by all manner of evil creatures and undead. The Plaguebringer appears as a humanoid hunchback draped in tattered, decaying robes. Under his hood can be seen a very handsome face attached to the body of a rotting corpse. Bertoxxulous has no allies but he is enemies with Tunare, Rodcet Nife, Karana, Mithaniel Marr, and Rallos Zek. His followers often follow the dark art of necromancy, which he wholeheartedly supports.
Marshall Stamm Bladecaster - 65 Overlord, max AA (559).  GM Blacksmith, Baker.
Hunter Flankar Flamecaller - 65 Forest Stalker, 500+ AA.  GM Baker, Fletcher, Brewer, Jeweler.
Exarch Barbarra Bodybaggins - 65 Archon, 400+ AA. GM Tailor, Potter.

Temerity!

I had such a fantastic time fighting at your sides once again to bring down such a thorn in our side! Thanks to everyone for a most excellent raid, and BY FAR that was our best Bert run ever, despite him jumping us from behind! 30 minutes left on the timer for the event and he was D E A D!! AMAZING! I am still high from the rush of such a wonderful success!

It was also wonderful to fight by the sides of some rare spawns, my old friends. Thanks for coming out Cromis, Redleaf, Moonphantom and ..............there was someone else, but like I said, I am still high! :p I hope we have the pleasure of your presences more often in the future.

I love you Tems!!!!!! Thanks once again!

Ueri
Uerinka Ganjpuffer  I was going to conquer the world, then I got distracted by something sparkly....
250+Trophy in Tailoring, Baking, Jewelcraft, Fletching and Pottery. Smithing 233+15%
Narkotika    Kismet    Starleigh   Moonbeam

Shudder. I remember the guild theorizing about the gear and raid makeup requirements for this dude like four or five years back. Grats.
[Image: furorofalkab.gif]

<3 Shylah!!!!
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Wizman! You've been designated guild photographer!

and sorry, it has to be said....
I knew Moonphantom was sleeping with the enemy!~
Thiklan didn't believe me either, he had to check for himself!
[Image: 1.png]