Hedge Run March '09 The Pickup Raid That Will Live In Infamy!

We needed to get some folks new to Al'Kabor a jump-start on their flagging,
so what better place to start then the Hedge event in PoN. Okay, maybe this
day won't exactly live in infamy, but it sure started out that way when it took
us three attempts and many deaths to get the event to trigger properly.

Here is the gang in the hedge amongst the bird, dog and spider carnage.

The Hedge Gang

It's inside the hedge that one develops a deep respect for the pimp-like badassness that is Thelin Poxbourne.
Dude is one gnome pwning mo fo! Look at him punch Lumbar back to Kunark!

Lumbar Beatdown 1

Lumbar Beatdown 2

Lumbar Beatdown 3

The Hedge event concludes with everyone giving an epic beatdown to the Construct of Nightmares in a huge fountain.
Yeah, logical right? ;p

The Main Event!

The Main Event!

The Main Event!

There was even a guest appearance from Terris Thull herself!

TT

Cangrats Gloiin on the Elbow Spiked Arm Plates!

Teh Lootz!

Amazing! Thanks to all the members of Temerity and the applicants that showed up to help us youngins get our flags. The trigger/instance bug was frightful (HA!) but once we got going it was a walk in the park. Good work all!

-Rho

WOoT! GRATZ!! Big Grin Big Grin

I remember one late night almost falling asleep on my keyboard, wondering when the event would end! Thanks to the mighty encouragement of Thiklan (I really was falling asleep), telling me "Just one more turn in the hedges, and we should be at the end!":p . Of course this went on for near two (or four!) turns!

So, GRATZ!! peeps! That event can make you dizzy!Big Grin Big Grin

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

The hedge event itself went fairly smoothly, with perhaps only two deaths the whole event, but the getting there and triggering the event... now that was epic.

It seems we did learn, however, that in order to get into the same instance, you must make sure that you speak to Thelin three times in one instance, and you can tell when the instance is closed, because when you speak the phrase that pays, he gives you his initial speech back, thus forcing you to say it again (and be the first group into a fresh instance) - the good news is, if this happens, the two groups who get into the prior instance, can evac and run all the way back to the hedge, and become the 2nd and 3rd groups into the second instance.

(if that makes any sense)

It may seem like a jumbled mess, but from what we learned last night, Thelin doesn't reset with time, he just keeps counting to three, then starting a new instance. Of course, a server reset probably resets his counter.

Wewt to all the newly flagged, and thanks for everyone who was there for sticking with it and getting it done.

(and special thanks to all the members of the PoN forensics team)

Thik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

Nicely done Red!

I get to remember the raid again... in better and more epic detail than when I was actually there!

Grats to Lumbar on surviving at least 1 pimp smack from Thelin Poxbourne

Thanks for the flag !