Fennin Ro goes up in flames
I've been messing around with the Guardian of Doomfire recently, ever since I discovered that he doesn't summon. He summons on PC side, but it appears that our version hasn't been "tuned" yet. In any case, he's got a bunch of HPs, and after med-kiting for a while, he finally dropped. No loot, but he did trigger the Fennin event.

So, if he didn't summon, what is the rest of the event like? So, I decided to keep pulling and see what I got (having a full XP buffer is great for experimenting). The trash mobs could all be pacified, so that was a good start. The named mobs were all red cons, so there was no chance to pac them, my only hope was for them not to summon either. After a few tries (and deaths due to some lame pathing) I had one single, and it didn't summon either.

Long story short, NOTHING in our version of that event summons. So, it's just a matter of time and patience to work through it. At least until you get to the big guy:

[Image: fennin.jpg]

Even with fully buffed FR, that AOE was a killer, taking me out in 2 hits. But since I had made it that far, I wasn't about to give up. My bind point is right out at the tables, and it kinda became a 1-man zergfest. Each death would buy me about a minute or two through the AOE while I unloaded what nukes I could. Luckily your mana is filled up on a death. Smile

After making a pile of corpses and losing most of my level, Fennin finally dropped. Luckily he's meant to be a pretty quick burn fight, and doesn't have a ton of HPs. In any case, here's naked-druid with the corpse.

[Image: fennin_corpse.jpg]

Loot was:
[Image: aec4b041a593c6fb4f07db052ce02d31.png] (Grats me)
[Image: bed935e1c9089d1b5a82c12e0b67cbf2.png] (Grats rot Sad )
and a hope stone

[Image: fennin_throne.jpg]
Elder Dwin Gamgee <Temerity>

!!!!!!! Big Grin
Moulder, 65 Necromancer and off hour corpse summoner

that is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am going to have to try that one day

Sweet!! We gots a new farming spot!!!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink
Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

huge props for finding a pic with a halfling in it for "proof" does Raging Fury know you are useing their material? =)

The Eq bestiary pic was a little lazy though dont you think?

Nice april fools none the less! Bravo sir. 8/10

Kudadil Wrote:huge props for finding a pic with a halfling in it for "proof" does Raging Fury know you are useing their material? =)

The Eq bestiary pic was a little lazy though dont you think?

Nice april fools none the less! Bravo sir. 8/10
BAH!! And I was so excited!!Big Grin :p Wink

Tolnak
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

HAHAH! Classic!

Dwin, you f-ing ROCK, man! I swear. LOL

Wook
Wookie is just this guy, ya know.

bah sorry if i ruined it a little early....just realized april fools is just starting over there

love it :-)

Well, at least Dwin can give me back my Hope Stone now Big Grin
Moulder, 65 Necromancer and off hour corpse summoner

LOLZ! Dwin made it into the discussion on the FoH thread. hahaha!

hahahaHA beautiful Dwin

LOLs Dwin you win.
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

Well, the guardian had already respawned as of early this afternoon, so I tried it. Once I got him pulled out of the castle, I only managed to get him down to 40% or so before he SUMMONED me and killed me. Thanks Dwin ....