Temerity Raiding Basics
None of the following instructions are optional.

Follow raid instructions
Follow raid instructions. If you need to separate /rs from all other channels so it does not go by too fast, then do that. But, follow raid instructions.

Follow kill calls
I don't care that you see so and so attacking, you do not attack any mob unless the designated MA shouted: KILL xyz.

Assist MA
Always assist the MA (main assist). If you are not sure who the MA is, look for the person "shouting" KILL %T. That is the MA. Also, DO NOT /assist until AFTER the MA announces the kill. Sometimes they need to cycle through several mobs to find the correct one to call.

Hot Key your MA
Make a hot key to target the MA. Then you will not go wrong. Don't include an /assist on this hot key. Make one for each probable MA.
Code:
hotkeyname: Target <ma name="">
line 1: /target <ma name="">

Make a hot key specifically to assist! Also, make sure that "/assist off" so you don't start attacking too soon.
Code:
hotkeyname: Assist
line 1: /assist

Never use F8
NEVER EVER target nearest mob and attack, unless you are a split tank and the target is not mezzed.

Agro Control
Control your agro. Do not over nuke! Do not debuff on incoming with a Warrior tank. If you feel it necessary to debuff on incoming then you MUST be right next to the Warrior MT so he/she doesn't have to run around chasing the mob.

Wait for Kill Call (no, really!)
No one should be casting, shooting arrows, stunning, or anything else besides debuffing on a Boss mob until the kill call. (The debuffers know or should know when it is time to do their debuffs. I pointed out in 6. not on incoming, because they should know that they are the only one with agro if they don't wait for the Warrior to attack.)
To make this easy, get into a habit of waiting until the MA makes the kill call before you make the assist. Also, make sure that /assist off so you don't immediately start attacking just in case you assisted too early.

Raid Channel abuse
Use raid channel properly. If you do not know what channels are raid channels, then don't use any of them until you find out. Briefly though, raid channels are /rs, /shout, /say, /auction. These are channels you should only use when appropriate. You have about 10 other channels to spam in, please take your need to spam to one of those channels. Yes, /say IS a raid channel. Class/role specific channels (/temheals) are somewhat less strict at times.

Note: /gu channel goes in the spam window during raid for some people.

Pets
If you do not have the AA "Pet Hold" you are not allowed to use your pet during the raid.

Control your pets. Especially on finesse fights like Sraryn and TT. This also goes back to follow kill calls, that includes your pets moving to the MA's target. No /pet hold....no pets, period unless it's a target like Tallon Zek.

Some fights, positioning is very important and pets can really muck it up fast. You must pay attention to your pet and the push on a mob. If the pet is on a side of the mob and pushing in a direction we don't want the mob going, then you need to back the pet off and reposition to adjust for push. the pets DPS isn't worth causing a raid wipe.

Max Melee
Unless you are the MT or RT, you need to be as far from the mob as possible while still being able to make contact.
After you turn on attack when close to a mob, slowly back up until you start getting the "You are too far away" message and then move forwards until you just start hitting again. That is your Max Melee range for that particular mob. Some mobs have a bigger radius (Bertoxxulous is the whole room!) and some have a tiny hitbox. As a mob gets moved around, you will need to be adjusting your positioning as well. It takes practice, but is not difficult to execute once you get the idea. Max Melee should be used at all times unless you are the Main Tank (MT) or Rampage Tank(s) (RT). The reason for Max Melee is that proximity adds aggro. That is, the closer you are to the mob, the more agro you can generate. DPS needs to keep their aggro under control so the mob doesn’t turn to the rest of the raid, especially if it has some sort of directional AoE.

Enrage
During ENRAGE turn off attack. It doesn't matter who you are, or where you are standing, you MUST turn off attack. If the zone is laggy, such as on Bert and a few other PoP zones, then anticipate enrage and turn off attack a little sooner, say at 15 or 20%. The reason why is because the MT will be turning off their attack, and if you are high enough on the aggro list, you could possibly turn the mob to you and the rest of the raid...possibly wiping the raid.

"gratz, woot, yays" out of /rs
We use /gu or /temerty channel to grats people on loot awards. It doesn't matter that an app is not in /gu, that is what the /temerity channel is for. I don't want to ever hear, "I grats them in /rs because they aren't in the guild yet". Your spam (and that is what it is) can cause someone else to miss a raid instruction. Because once one person does a /spam rs grats, it becomes contagious and others will also do the same.

NPC summed you, stand still! (and die)
If you get summoned, DO NOT RUN. Stand there and either get beat upon until you die or the MT can regain agro and save your sorry over nuking ass. Also if you do not get summoned but the reverse happens and you pull the Boss to you, then run back to the MT. Do not back up, do not run away from the MT. A mob can not be peeled off you as you move away from the tank.

Buffs Request
Buff requests are done in /tells. Don't ask in /rs for a buff, or even who is doing what buff. Do a /who all (class) and ask someone of the class who is doing which buff, then send that person a /tell. Same goes for heals request, cures requests.

Check your range before asking for buffs
Make sure you are in /tar when you ask for a buff or healing. Nothing like asking a dead cleric for v2, or running off after asking for a buff that takes 5+ seconds to cast... Also once the CH rotation gets going, if you are missing a buff, too bad, unless you are the MT. No healer in CH rot, or spotting is gonna change his target to help you out. Keep an eye on your buff bar and ask before the engage is set up not during the pull or initial engage and if it is not absolutely critical like VoQ to casters then don't ask for it during the Boss fight. Like WoG or something like that. WoG is good for when you are tanking but not absolutely needed during a Boss fight if you are not the Warrior MT. (only said Warrior because Pally's never use WoG, nor Symbols, nor 9s).

Split tanks, stop stealing mobs from each other!
One mob inc, one split tank. Don't go and steal the mob's agro from a fellow tank. Also you don't have to split every single incoming mob. Give your healer a break, let the other tank split one from time to time. Wink Another thing is stop trying to aggro more mobs than you can safely handle. Your healer will likely let you die just because you decided to "save" that ranger from tanking a mob...when they likely have better gear and all their defensive AA's that you decided were not important.

When you die
make a macro to consent the rogue(s)
/tell a cleric (if none are in your group) that you need a rez. IT'S NOT rude, worse that happens you get ignored. Even though healers have "others deaths" messages in their main window, it's easy to miss it, and it's a lot easier to /rt /click rez, then to rez and wonder if the rez landed while the target was still zoning..

Your healer(s) died/LD
Announce it in /RS, if you need a heal, send a /tell to a healer EARLY

Shrinks
If you are in a raid, you must be shrunk, until the raid is over. You must have a shrinking item on you (and a way to recharge it).

Levitation
Levitation causes a lot of lag. Kill any form of levitation, unless it's required for a specific crawl/target.</ma></ma>
[Image: 1.png]

Zygor Wrote:Follow kill calls
I don't care that you see so and so attacking, you do not attack any mob unless the designated MA shouted: KILL Xayz.

fixed Wink
Bacchus

I love all my little minions... until they turn on me and i have to break their pretty little necks.

Just to add a note on why /say is a raid channel. We use say to hail dead corpses that have been drug or are being rezzed by a cleric.
Uerinka Ganjpuffer  I was going to conquer the world, then I got distracted by something sparkly....
250+Trophy in Tailoring, Baking, Jewelcraft, Fletching and Pottery. Smithing 233+15%
Narkotika    Kismet    Starleigh   Moonbeam

Good break down Zyg! Very wise words to follow!!

Tolnak

p.s.
rangers are expendable. That is, until they save the raid!:p Wink WS ftw!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin

[Image: 2048670.png]

Bacc the MAs cant kill me, i just do a little dance and any memories of why they hated me so much fades from their memories, and their on to you enchanters. And you enchanters trying to charm everyone with your crack and speed, didnt you ever learn in DARE that drugs are bad! mkay! tsk tsk /shakes head

Zygor Wrote: When you die
make a macro to consent the rogue(s)
/tell a cleric (if none are in your group) that you need a rez. IT'S NOT rude, worse that happens you get ignored. Even though healers have "others deaths" messages in their main window, it's easy to miss it, and it's a lot easier to /rt /click rez, then to rez and wonder if the rez landed while the target was still zoning..

I've been doing CR for tem for along time. I think I've finally come to peace that CR is like plow. You try to avoid it but sometimes it happens. However just a little review:

If you drag someone please inform rogue(s) or temscouts that you have done this deed. Last TT run I received numerous /tells of down corpses. I then ran out scoured the hillside, rivers, everywhere to eventually find out that the corpse had already been dragged to raid, This is happening a lot lately. IF you die and /tell a rogue to drag your corpse and someone running by /tells you to /consent them make sure you /tell that rogue you consented that _______ already dragged you.

[SIZE="6"]The key to QUICK CR is COMMUNICATION[/SIZE] Smile

Nice summary, Zygor. Gonna save a lot of time having one place to direct some of the newer folks to in regards to our raid proceedings.
Zygor Wrote:Also once the CH rotation gets going, if you are missing a buff, too bad, unless you are the MT. No healer in CH rot, or spotting is gonna change his target to help you out.
AMEN Brother.
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

Great post! Maybe sticky?
Sponsors should point their apps to this thread and discuss the basics with them.

Forgot the bit about ninja-AFK...
Marshall Stamm Bladecaster - 65 Overlord, max AA (559).  GM Blacksmith, Baker.
Hunter Flankar Flamecaller - 65 Forest Stalker, 500+ AA.  GM Baker, Fletcher, Brewer, Jeweler.
Exarch Barbarra Bodybaggins - 65 Archon, 400+ AA. GM Tailor, Potter.

Sticky plz.
Uerinka Ganjpuffer  I was going to conquer the world, then I got distracted by something sparkly....
250+Trophy in Tailoring, Baking, Jewelcraft, Fletching and Pottery. Smithing 233+15%
Narkotika    Kismet    Starleigh   Moonbeam

Should be stickied, yes...

But it should be in the Applications forum rather than General (Public) don't ya think? Wink
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

there's already one there.
think we should sticky it in every forum~

Zygor Wrote: Pets
Control your pets. Especially on finesse fights like Sraryn and TT. This also goes back to follow kill calls, that includes your pets moving to the MA's target. No /pet hold....no pets, period unless it's a target like Tallon Zek.

Some fights, positioning is very important and pets can really muck it up fast. You must pay attention to your pet and the push on a mob. If the pet is on a side of the mob and pushing in a direction we don't want the mob going, then you need to back the pet off and reposition to adjust for push. the pets DPS isn't worth causing a raid wipe.

Might want to add in that absolutely no pet owners should be raiding w/out Pet Disc AA's and such. Pretty basic and has always been the general rule of thumb if you want to raid as a pet class. Also, this prevents that whole pet spam deal that's seen (used to be a lot) when somebody is trying to control what their pets do. Smile

*poofs*

Duh, fixed.

Mangroas Wrote:Might want to add in that absolutely no pet owners should be raiding w/out Pet Disc AA's and such. Pretty basic and has always been the general rule of thumb if you want to raid as a pet class. Also, this prevents that whole pet spam deal that's seen (used to be a lot) when somebody is trying to control what their pets do. Smile

*poofs*

I didn't see cyber Wotan every hour!
Wotan at your service!