Gatorbait Update
Gatorbait Wrote:I am sorry I do not understand this comment, forgive my "Senoir Citizen" status if this is a youthful phrase or inside joke.

I would hope it is not something against me, I have always been open and friendly to everyone in game and on these forums.:confused:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...e+kool-aid
Note that while that page is work safe, the rest of that site is largely not. Be careful what you click on...

Quote:The phrase can also be used in the opposite sense to indicate that one has embraced a particular philosophy or perspective.
Alice: Hey, did you hear that Joe is working on the Nader campaign?
Bob: Yeah, he really drank the Kool-Aid on that one.

Chris: I'm thinking about attending a PETA rally
Donna: Whatever you do, don't drink the Kool-Aid!
-- Bastette of Ysera
-- Bastette of Al'Kabor

Gatorbait Wrote:I am sorry I do not understand this comment, forgive my "Senoir Citizen" status if this is a youthful phrase or inside joke.

I would hope it is not something against me, I have always been open and friendly to everyone in game and on these forums.:confused:
I think he understood your comment about progression being halted as though Temerity and all other guilds on the server is stagnating, which frankly I did as well. Likely you just chose the wrong wording to say that there won't be further expansions? Your words say that no guild on the server is progressing or trying to progress, which I believe that a few, including Temerity, will disagree with your views.

The kool-aid comment is a mind controling cult reference (i.e...Jim Jones, those <strike>idiots</strike> misguided individuals who thought the space ship was hidden in the tail of that comet, etc...) suggesting that you have bought into someone elses views about the other guilds on the server. I'm banking on the bad wording theory. We've just grown a bit tired of individuals spouting on about how Temerity or < insert guild name here > is folding/stagnating/quitting etc.. just to gain new members for their guild.
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Utdaan Wrote:I think he understood your comment about progression being halted as though Temerity and all other guilds on the server is stagnating, which frankly I did as well. Likely you just chose the wrong wording to say that there won't be further expansions? Your words say that no guild on the server is progressing or trying to progress, which I believe that a few, including Temerity, will disagree with your views.

The kool-aid comment is a mind controling cult reference (i.e...Jim Jones, those <strike>idiots</strike> misguided individuals who thought the space ship was hidden in the tail of that comet, etc...) suggesting that you have bought into someone elses views about the other guilds on the server. I'm banking on the bad wording theory. We've just grown a bit tired of individuals spouting on about how Temerity or < insert guild name here > is folding/stagnating/quitting etc.. just to gain new members for their guild.

First I would never say a bad word about Temerity or the progress you guys have made. I have attended three raids and was very impressed(Bert comes to mind).

It will read how you want it to, I see it and meant it as " EQ is 10 years old, SOE will not add content to progress through past PoP, I bet less then 10 characters have been bought/sold or ever will be on this server.

I have full confidence Temerity will be in Time soon.Smile Long, Long before any other guild, and frankly Temerity may be the only guild to ever reach it.

Heh, I doubt your older than I but perhaps so.

When I came back to the server late last year all I heard was how dead Temerity was, from pretty much everyone on the server with the exception of the Temerity members. It got very old very fast.

I did and do doubt that you had any ill intent, but knowing how some others operate you can bet that they will be pointing people to the post and using it in ways that were never intended.

Utdaan is showing his young buck status, you'd have to go back to Dr. Timothy Leary to find the origins, there's a few 'children of the 60's' still hobbling around.

Wizman Wrote:Utdaan is showing his young buck status, you'd have to go back to Dr. Timothy Leary to find the origins, there's a few 'children of the 60's' still hobbling around.
Whatever you do, keep that kool-aid away from Saen. I would imagine Leary would not only give it to him, but would put him up on stage in front of a microphone Big Grin

Gatorbait Wrote:How many toons could be for sale in a 10 year old game on a server with content progression at a halt? What could you get 25/50 dollars? Anything more is laughable
I have not once seen any advertisement for characters for sale on Al Kabor, but that does not mean there is a market for them. http://www.frivolity.com/tps/viewmember....ame=Perrin can show you Perrin's history in Temerity, and as far as content progression goes, he has gear and flags that is not available to any other guild on Al Kabor... so pretty valuable indeed.
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

hemper Wrote:I have not once seen any advertisement for characters for sale on Al Kabor, but that does not mean there is a market for them. http://www.frivolity.com/tps/viewmember....ame=Perrin can show you Perrin's history in Temerity, and as far as content progression goes, he has gear and flags that is not available to any other guild on Al Kabor... so pretty valuable indeed.

Wait a minute...Are you saying that his gear is almost valuable enough to make him worth buying for a new guild who wanted an uber MT to get them off to a quick start?
Marshall Stamm Bladecaster - 65 Overlord, max AA (559).  GM Blacksmith, Baker.
Hunter Flankar Flamecaller - 65 Forest Stalker, 500+ AA.  GM Baker, Fletcher, Brewer, Jeweler.
Exarch Barbarra Bodybaggins - 65 Archon, 400+ AA. GM Tailor, Potter.

Flankar Wrote:Wait a minute...Are you saying that his gear is almost valuable enough to make him worth buying for a new guild who wanted an uber MT to get them off to a quick start?
Dont you get any ideas, Stamm Big Grin
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

Wizman Wrote:there's a few 'children of the 60's' still hobbling around.
I do not hobble.
[Image: sigpic914_1.gif]
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

Rysia Wrote:I do not hobble.

/em bows in repentance.