eq mac down?
i'm bored at work wtf nik
-Pane's crap

No idea...I'm still waiting to hear back from the service provider.

I can't even open a FTP connection to the account to verify that the server's up, which I assume to mean that it's not.

Note: The hardware is shared among several sites, and is maintained by the provider, so it's all their fault...really!

Yes, I am considering switching to a different (cheaper) host. This may be the final straw...
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

my feeble mind was able to deduce nothing from that previous post... however I am led to believe it is being worked on Big Grin
-Pane's crap

If you're looking seriously for a new host (I'm assuming a virtual Linux environment), I'd recommend Linode. They do a really great job at hosting one-off virtual Linux systems (or small groups of systems) cheaply and reliably.
[Image: 749.png]

Magically, and without any sort of "Oops, we're sorry!" or explanation from the provider, eqmac.com is back up and running.
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Nikolai Wrote:Magically, and without any sort of "Oops, we're sorry!" or explanation from the provider, eqmac.com is back up and running.

You sure?? I'm getting this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

EDIT: As of 12:15 PST it's up.
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Bijaz's basement has almost 100% uptime for allakabor.com!
Elder Judah, Harvester of Tares Lichen

V

I've been having on and off again problems connecting to eqmac recently
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

hemper Wrote:I've been having on and off again problems connecting to eqmac recently

I'll need more than that to debug a potential problem.

Have you been seeing error messages - if so, what were they? Did you run a "traceroute" or "ping" eqmac.com to make sure that it was eqmac, and not your local connection that was at fault?
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Judah Wrote:Bijaz's basement has almost 100% uptime for allakabor.com!

haha yeah this actually has really surprised me, go go Comcast! I have gotten maybe 3 downtime pages for the site since we went live with it, and I think at least one our two of those were Zygor rebooting it.
[Image: 5.png]

Just got this message from the EQMac forums:
http://www.eqmac.com/forums/index.php Wrote:General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

And trying it again, it looks fine. Whatever problem they're having seems to intermittently come and go.
Elder Dwin Gamgee <Temerity>

same issue

[Image: Screenshot2010-12-03at22741AM.png]

Nik, if it's not something more obvious (like your mysqld crashing and restarting or something), you might want to look at the max_connections variable in the my.cnf for mysqld, in the [mysqld] section. If could be that whatever frontend software you're using for the forums is simply spawning more backend processes/threads than it used to, and exceeding whatever the current max_connections is, which would cause exactly this sort of intermittent and load-driven mysqld connection failure.
[Image: 749.png]

There was a PhPBB update posted over the weekend. Which means that noob hackers try to take advantage of the (now public) security holes in old versions of the software. In this case, they ended up flooding the PhP server (to no avail, as eqmac doesn't have the faulty code enabled).

This, coupled with continued (minor) issues with the host service, should account for all the issues you saw.
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

Quote:General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table './cjgannon/phpbb3_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

its baaaaccckkkk
-Pane's crap