Flubward v. Venril Sathir... round one.
2 minutes, 5 seconds. One happy Wizard, one Enchanter with another notch on his staff.

(Grats Wizrobe on another Epic piece)

[Sun Oct 30 13:44:14 2005] You tell your party, 'ok... inc shortly'

[Sun Oct 30 13:44:20 2005] Wizrobe tells the group, 'i got my eye on you'

[Sun Oct 30 13:44:30 2005] You begin casting Howl of Tashan.

[Sun Oct 30 13:44:31 2005] Venril Sathir glances nervously about.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:31 2005] Your Tallon's War Charm shimmers briefly.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:32 2005] You begin casting Arcane Rune.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:33 2005] Taunting attacker, Master.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:34 2005] A glowing shimmer of runes surrounds you.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:34 2005] Your Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl sparkles.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:34 2005] Your Silken Augmenter's Sleeves flickers with a pale light.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:35 2005] Venril Sathir was hit by non-melee for 715 points of damage.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:35 2005] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:35 2005] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:35 2005] Venril Sathir was hit by non-melee for 715 points of damage.

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:35 2005] You have slain Venril Sathir!

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:35 2005] You gain party experience!!

[Sun Oct 30 13:46:40 2005] Wizrobe tells the guild, 'congrats Flub on Soloing VS!!!'

For the fight:

Pertinent AA and stuff:
CA3/LR5
Channeling Focus 3
Quick Buff 2 + Spellcasting Deftness 2 + Spell haste IV (caps beneficial spell haste at 50%)

Some stats from the fight:

35,310 damage dealt to VS plus whatever piddly damage my pet dealt.
48 hits.
28 misses.
1 dodge
I channeled Arcane Rune 3 times, and it was interrupted 6.
I didn't use Eldritch Rune (instant 1500 point AA rune)
I ended the fight at 70 mana. Didn't use Gather Mana.

He lifetapped once, in a positioning error where I backed too far away and my pet stole aggro.

I had Arcane Rune and Bedlam up, Bedlam as the buffer for when Arcane dropped (it did so twice)
I cast Arcane Rune 9 times during the fight... so he did no more than 15,000 damage to me. Probably significantly less as I was casting more often than I really needed to.

I had the following damage shields up:
Wrath of the Wild 3
Spirit of the Wood 3 (for 43 seconds)
Legacy of Bracken
Kilva's Skin of Flame
and +8 DS from my Talisman of Vah Kerrath

Thank you Wizrobe for making me get out and finally try it, and Deerslayer for the spiffy Druid buffage!
Tanks to temerity as well... without the gear I've gotten raiding I wouldn't have had a chance.

-

Flubward Lorewanderer |
Sillypants Lumberjack |
Xadrit Gearmender

Attempting the impossible, unrealistic and insane--every day.

Congratulations, Flubward! ! !

Feral Lord, Sharzic

Proud Imperial of Iksar World

Really wants to become Most power Beastlord on the server

was banned on EQrankings for trying to put my charater up :(

I guess im too good for them :)

That's pretty darn cool flub... I'm confused tho did you solo him or just tank him? I'm assuming the wiz and druid were the dps and you rune tanked him? Did you use any nukes think only lures work right or does our ancient line work?

Regardless very cool I wanna try it hehe

Aye. I'm trying to figure out where the dps is in all the runing and such. Also, should try it w/out outside help next time (No druid buffs/AA, etc, etc..) to see exactly how you fair for kicks. Grats. =)

Lich Mangroas AnkleBiter the Courageous

The DPS comes from the damage shields. Look at the logs, he's up to a 715 point DS!

We have the pre-nerf version of the druid Wrath of the Wild AA on Al Kabor. It's intended to be a large, 1-hit DS. In our version, if you have a rune up (it only stacks with some runes) then WotW doesn't drop.

I this the first Tier 1 mob to be soloed? Grats Flub!

--
Dwin Gamgee
CH Droid #3
Magelo

Holy crap on the wotw! Makes more sense now lol

Yep. 715 point DS... When SotW was up, it was a 770 point DS.
Other than SotW (really not necessary), all of the other buffs had been up for a few minutes at least before I pulled him.

Also, I was wrong on the DS potion as well... I had the 17 point one rather than the 32... not that it really mattered. Used my last charge on the fight, so I couldn't check the name... Kilva's Searing Skin or something.

I did the math... and unless Mini Aten drops a Sanguine Robe and I manage to get it, I won't be able to get enough DPS from damage shields to wear him down before I run out of mana. Arcane Rune isn't even in my specialized school, so it gets quite expensive to cast. Even with Sanguine Preservation (40% mana pres, self buffs only, i.e. Arcane) the fight would be very close... relying on my summoned pet for DPS. Yeah. His Regeneration came out at roughly 75 hp/tic, so kiting him while I get mana back up wouldn't work either.

-

Flubward Lorewanderer |
Sillypants Lumberjack |
Xadrit Gearmender

A REAL chanter would change his spec just for this one fight and change it back.

(grats flub)

--

Kyth, Officer of Temerity

Random quote: (Click here to view all quotes)

Kyth said:

quote:

A REAL chanter would change his spec just for this one fight and change it back.

(grats flub)

I've considered it... then change it to Conjuration since we're having so much fun in VT. Then back to Alteration later in PoP. Just... so much work involved, or marathon AFK sessions with a key held down...

And yes, it was essentially a solo. Other than SotW on inc and buffs (beforehand), Deerslayer and Wizrobe didn't cast any spells to my knowledge.

-

Flubward Lorewanderer |
Sillypants Lumberjack |
Xadrit Gearmender

Great job Flub! I remember when you told me you wanted to do this, quite a while ago. Grats!

Ms. Viva IceBear

Good girls don't play rogues.

Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.