Recent project
Here's a picture of the photo quilt I've been working on lately. Actually I am making 2 identical quilts, one for each set of grandparents. I finished the first of them last night. The other is completely pieced and needs to be basted to the batting and backing, then quilted and finished off. Ideally these would have been done by Christmas, but I procrastinated in getting them started.

Here's the label I sewed onto the back of the quilt explaining the pictures and such.

Socratus Wittgenstein - Dwarf Archon
Zinovia AnkleBiter - Gnome Coercer
Zivra Nomokei - Iksar Beastlord
Calligrapher, Cook, Crocheter of Afghans, Illuminator, Jeweler, Seamstress, Weaver (and my characters have some tradeskills too)

omgz,the grandparents will love that quilt.

Beautiful work Socs!

Redleaf

Absolutely beautiful =)

--

Kyth, Officer of Temerity

Random quote: (Click here to view all quotes)

Great Job!

Feral Lord, Sharzic

Proud Imperial of Iksar World

Really wants to become Most power Beastlord on the server

was banned on EQrankings for trying to put my charater up :(

I guess im too good for them :)

Awesome! That makes for some very happy grandparents. How do you get the photo squares for the quilt?

Amalthea, Tauren Shaman, Leather Goddess
Socks Wittgenstein - semi-retired but fully adopted
 I need to get my hands on some of those Grumble Cakes! 
"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
– Elim Garak
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
– Willy Wonka

Thanks

The photos are printed directly onto special colorfast inkjet fabric, made by June Tailor. The fabric is treated 100% cotton, and can be washed, though they say to not use detergent. It's a bit stiff, but sewed in pretty well. The needle makes some obvious holes, so ripping out mistakes is not a good idea with that fabric. I did not quilt through any of the pictures.

Socratus Wittgenstein - Dwarf Archon
Zinovia AnkleBiter - Gnome Coercer
Zivra Nomokei - Iksar Beastlord
Calligrapher, Cook, Crocheter of Afghans, Illuminator, Jeweler, Seamstress, Weaver (and my characters have some tradeskills too)

Oh wow that looks fabulous!

You get your GM in tailoring!!  Those totally rock!

Zinovia said:

quote:

I finished the first of them last night. The other is completely pieced and needs to be basted to the batting and backing, then quilted and finished off. Ideally these would have been done by Christmas, but I procrastinated in getting them started.

I completely know exactly what she's talking about.

Beautiful work. The Grandparents will love them.

groovey quilt, gona need to look into that inkjet cloth you mentioned, i can think of 100 or good uses for that.

Amazing Socs I really really wish I could such pretty stuff like that. Presents like that are worth so much more than the bought gifts. Great job! xoxo

Soul
•Soul Destroyer 65 SHM
•Trog 65 SK
•Rhaughne Dragonlord 65 BL
-Friend of the Horde-
-Member of Temerity-