Druid vs Wuoshi
(Crossposted from this thread at EQMac.com.)

Or, more accurately, druid pet vs Wuoshi.

On my first attempt, I brought Rapticor over to play tank for me. He's a level 42 tigeraptor with around 4k HPs.

Unfortunately, he didn't last too long. Judging by the picture, I'd guess it was the claws that got him. I decided I needed a beefier tank, so next attempt I brought in a black unicorn. The black unicorns are much tougher than the white ones, and have around 10k HPs and a high resistances.

Of course, the first thing Wuoshi did was cast dispell on my pet, removing charm. (On PC side, they eventually made dire charm not dispellable.) I ran away and came back the next day, one more lesson learned. Even though dispell isn't listed on her AOEs, Wuoshi's a druid and can cast it. So, I filled up the pet with a bunch of junk buffs before the charm, and hoped for better luck with the dispells next time.

Well, this is how the last fight went. That's my pet over there on the far left, trying to run away. I think that poor unicorn spent more time running away than actually attacking the dragon. Luckily, it would keep getting summoned back, and so almost never made it out of range for my heals.

So, I figured out how to keep the pet alive. What about DPS? Wuoshi is a belly caster, meaning you have to be in melee range to land any spells on her. Of course if I'm in melee range, I'm getting ripped apart by a dragon. I only tried that once, and the 20% of my HPs lost just wasn't worth the one spell I landed. The one form of damage I could do from range was to keep a damage shield up on my pet. 40 point damage shield vs 40,000+ HP dragon. How long did that take? About a half hour.

Thanks to Eloween for all the summoned pet gear, and to Utdaan for the enchanter buffs and cheering me on.

(Edited to replace the screenshots with brighter ones.)
(Edited again to fix broken picture links.)

Go Dwin!! Grats!!

Nice job!

What lewt did ya get?

Mordor

Loot was Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn, Emerald Dragon Scales x 3, and some spells.

And I let the unicorn live, so there's a well equipped black unicorn wandering the forest. It worked hard enough, it didn't feel right to kill it.

--
Dwin Gamgee
CH Droid #3
Magelo

Haha, good jod Dwin. So whats the next target?

Redleaf

Hey dwin, ask me about GAMMA SETTINGS some time, so that we can see the screenshots =)

-Cadsuane
Holy necromancer of jebus

My gamma's adjusted so that the game looks fine while I'm playing, no clue why the screenshots don't match. Anyway, the pretty pictures have been adjusted so that Cads can tell there's no dorf pr0n here.

--
Dwin Gamgee
CH Droid #3
Magelo

I have the same problem with screenshots Dwin. I do a fair bit of post-processing in Photoshop with Ye Olde Levels Slider.

Grats, btw, he's tough.

--

Kyth, Officer of Temerity

Random quote: (Click here to view all quotes)

That's Great! Congrats.

My Cuse went down like a Lead Zeppelin.