Another Dragon Spotting
Spotted this some time ago, but found them again when I was cleaning out the 'ol FTP server

Spotted this one in Dreadlands near the Tundra Yeti cave. Saw it in the distance so I went to see what it was. Took a screenshot and went back to killing. Then after a couple of mins it appeared right outside the cave ...

Gorenaire was the name if I'm not mistaken? Don't remember all that well.

Grtz,

Lashima, 60 Dwarven Priest

Formerly, Mishikal. 60 Undead Priest
http://wow.telenet.be/

Wow, nice lizard!

Bah, that's not a Dragon, this is a Dragon...

-- Bastette of Medivh
-- Bastette of Al'Kabor

Told ya it was a lizard and not a dragon! Sheesh

Lashima, 60 Dwarven Priest

Formerly, Mishikal. 60 Undead Priest
http://wow.telenet.be/

I will have to go get pictures of the dragons in west ToV to post here, Telkorenar, Gozzrem, Lendiniara the Keeper, and Sontalak.

No text was entered for this message.

ok, Myga is the one we need to kill for the Dragonbane wizard spell (2000 damage unresistable, costs a peridot to cast, only useable on UberDragons)

quote:

ok, Myga is the one we need to kill for the Dragonbane wizard spell (2000 damage unresistable, costs a peridot to cast, only useable on UberDragons)

Porlos's Fury... I think it actually costs two peridots if I remember correctly. Is this spell worth using? I don't know how much normal nukes are resisted, but it can't be that bad or we'd never be able to kill Myga to get the spell in the first place...

-- Bastette of Medivh
-- Bastette of Al'Kabor

it is a large and noticeable difference, bast. since we will be killing giants first probably, you will want to look at the giantbane quest also.

bosses generally have huge resists, so at our level and equipment quality, an unresistable spell is a huge bonus.

level 60 spells, wizard:
sunstrike 450 mana 1615 damage = 3.58 d/m
ice spear of solist 300 m 1200d= 4dpm

Uber spells that we won't see for ages, they drop in Ssra from bosses:
Elnerick's Electrical Rending 525m 1890d=3.6dpm
Garrison's Superior Sundering 540m 2100d=3.9dpm

unresistable bane spells that require faction and quest:
hsagra/porlos 450m 2000d=4.4 dpm

when you add in the specialization mana savings, a bane wizard with about 3000 mana at 60 (meaning moderately equipped) can do 14000 damage, not counting mana regained from medding and crack.
add in the resists on the regular spells, and the damage done doesn't even begin to approach this. and besides, wizards love seeing large numbers on their nukes =)

hmm, I didn't realize the ratio was that good for the bane spells, I though it was closer to 3:1.

My current best nuke is 716:215, or 3.3:1

I do miss critting for 6k like I was doing routinely in beta...

-- Bastette of Medivh
-- Bastette of Al'Kabor