Server down?
Is the server down?

Sunday 4PM EST
[Image: 597.png]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]
Boombots:
Medicineman (65 Human Mith Marr Cleric), Twinblades (65 Dwarf Rogue), Rejected (65 Gnome Bertox Necro),
Cathbu (65 Halfling Karana Druid), Savmaster (65 Vah Shir Beastlord), Tenash Urteeth (65 Vah Shir Shaman),
Oben (65 Erudite Mage),
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It is for me, was rather abrupt (like most server explosions are...).

Just got back home from Oakland...server back up or not?
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

It wasn't the server, but a large number of people did go LD at once. I stayed on, with all 4 boxes I had on at the time.
[Image: sigpic914_1.gif]
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

No it wasn't just going LD

It was the server not responding for several people for around 15 mins, and yes my internet connection was working just fine. After-all I made the above post after I crashed to the desktop / LD'd.

Of course it wasn't getting past the update screen so I am assuming it was something to do with the log in server not the world server, as far as logging back in.
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]
Boombots:
Medicineman (65 Human Mith Marr Cleric), Twinblades (65 Dwarf Rogue), Rejected (65 Gnome Bertox Necro),
Cathbu (65 Halfling Karana Druid), Savmaster (65 Vah Shir Beastlord), Tenash Urteeth (65 Vah Shir Shaman),
Oben (65 Erudite Mage),
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OK I guess I should have said that not everybody was affected. The server didn't go down, many of us stayed on just fine.
[Image: sigpic914_1.gif]
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

I know some zones went down. My perma pac was ruined in Seb. Was prepping to try and solo Trak and came back to everything aggroing again. Grr!
[Image: 1000.png]

[Image: 522.png]

A lot of people suddenly went LD around 4 PM ET (we were forming raid in PoK). I did not. It took about 15 minutes for everyone to be able to log back in. It didn't seem to be zone specific. A lot of people found themselves at Jera in PoK when they logged in because they got killed wherever they were when they went LD.

Another problem reported was losing the ability to cast. It seemed the fix for that was to log out and back in. That seemed to be a common complaint throughout the day in /alliance. 4 hours after the LDs, 2 people tried to rez me who had been hit earlier and the rez never came through. Both they and I had to log out and in for it to work.

Assuming it just had another partial fail now -- 1:20pm Monday

Yeah I just got booted and I still can't log back in.

and we're back

And patched up to LoY?

Redleaf Wrote:And patched up to LoY?
ROFL!
[/url][Image: 1200.png][url=http://www.allakabor.com/profile/1200]

WTB Giant White Drum Smile
[Image: 599.png]
Lullaby - Ench / Rezinator - Cleric / Molten - Mage
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

So in general to sum up....

Our log in server was flaky for a few weeks

Now our log in/world servers are being flaky...

I wish they would stop spilling the mop water on our server in the closet!
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]
Boombots:
Oben (65 Erudite Mage),
[/SIZE][/COLOR]