Avatar of Earth Kill / Save Al'kabor Video
Mushka Wrote:It's the quaint 16-bit charm, versus what looks like a C- high school project that walks around like it has something lodged up its anus. And doesn't even have a 2-hand pierce animation.

Yeah, but have you actually seen Szeria in DE form in new models?

nom nom nom nom
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Utdaan Wrote:Yeah, but have you actually seen Szeria in DE form in new models?

nom nom nom nom

Creeper alert.

Mushka Wrote:It's the quaint 16-bit charm, versus what looks like a C- high school project that walks around like it has something lodged up its anus. And doesn't even have a 2-hand pierce animation.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE old graphics, but not old 3D graphics. The adolescence 3d graphics back in the late 90's and early 2000's was just an awful time period for game graphics. Games like Diablo II, or Baldur's Gate were MUCH prettier to me than games like Everquest or Neverwinter Nights.

Do you think the Luclin models are objectively good?

My biggest issue with them, besides being ugly as sin, is that they departed from the cartoonish aesthetic of the original models, e.g. ogres, trolls and gnomes.

Mushka Wrote:Do you think the Luclin models are objectively good?

Yes. And the horse bug with new models is better than the horse bug with old models.

I like the look of most Luclin Models. I don't like Vashirs because well.. They're cat people... I don't like the way humans look (They're too bulky). I like all the rest of them though. I ESPECIALLY love the way luclin gnomes look.

I think every single one of the original everquest models are extreme eye sores. Not just the fact that it looks like a 5th grader was playing around with Blender to make them, but that the animations for them are horrible as well. They shake uncontrollably, and when they swing their weapons and cast spells they look retarded.

All i know is i'd point at you and laugh if you'd actually run and move like the luclin models IRL. Special olympics got nothing on those dudes.
[Image: 587.png]
[Image: 5540.png]

You guys are all tards. I have thumbnail sized vinyl pictures of random celebrities that I stick on everyones faces when I play. I think Brag was Marlon Brando the night we took out the tiki's. Win

Sing it Mushka!

While both old and new are pretty poor by todays standards, the old set has unique charm and (though a weak argument) nostalgic value.

They are iconic, instantly recognizable and embody a trait that Mushka described pretty well as cartoonish- a little whimsical and lighthearted. All good things.

The new models are generic, bland, and in many ways look much too overdesigned. They appear too serious, and in that way seem to harbor a conservative value that only strives for widest acceptance by all, resulting in mediocrity. They are the lowest common denominator because they play it too safe.

Not to mention the old models, despite being polygonal, were at least proportional! The new models don't look even remotely humanoid. Think Bragon-like torso propped atop a tiny tripod of legs. Horrible orthopedic problems in the new models /nod

[Image: 37_agree-disagree.gif]

Linkamus Wrote:Old models are the best models!

I agree!
[Image: p6dj8.jpg]
If this were Rallos Zek I'd nuke you during the CH rot.
Near Daground - Druid
Gooseybear Stinkybottom - Beast
Einnim - Mage

Near Wrote:There is no music better than Justin Bieber's.

For shame...

LOLZ!

Thik
Forest Stalker Thiklan Ghengis
>>-------->   Keeper of the Wood :p
Thiklan's Mac'Gelo  Nesta's Mac'Gelo

[Image: ThiklanFinal.jpg]

Goosebumps... Every single time.
Perin  Perrin Goldeneyes 
The pInking'Gnomerlord & Short-Bus Operator

Heart