Possible server downtime this Thursday (3/15)
From the SOE forums: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/..._id=183960
Naylie Wrote:On Thursday, March 15, 2012, at 12:01 AM PDT* (midnight) the EverQuest servers will be taken offline in preparation for the launch of EverQuest Free to Play. Your Way. Downtime is expected to last until Friday, March 16, 2012, at 12:01 AM PDT (midnight).
This year we are combining the Anniversary update with EverQuest going free-to-play, so the servers will be down for a full 24 hours. More information about the 13th Anniversary will be posted later this week.
While the servers are down you can join us on the EverQuest forums, the EverQuest Facebook page, and on the EverQuest Twitter feed for updates, games, and more! We will also have an EverQuest Anniversary webcast on Twitch.tv starting at 4:30 PM PDT, and we will release an EverQuest themed podcast.
Mark your calendars and get ready for one huge celebration, with the 13th Anniversary events and the transition to free-to-play both coming on March 16th!
This is from 12:01am PDT Thursday until 12:01am PDT Friday...so...all day Thursday. Granted, the outage may or may not affect us on Al'Kabor, but since it has to do with EQ going F2P, one never knows.

(cross posted on the eqmac.com forums)
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

EQ doesn't want us beating Time.
[Image: 595.png]

Between last night and potentially Thursday, sort of screws the pooch.

Can we get some confirmation on this affecting Al`Kabor? I'm going to assume it does for now.
[Image: 749.png]

It's so godamn mind boggling that we've beat Rathe almost a month a half ago and have done ONE worthy time raid due to major bugs, Time phase bugs, shitty turn outs and whatnot. On a different note it's amazing how our attedance was much higher when the server was on death row.I might just threaten to kill the entire hamster farm if we can't fill out a time raid soon.

/rant
[Image: 587.png]
[Image: 5540.png]

Cabot Wrote:Can we get some confirmation on this affecting Al`Kabor? I'm going to assume it does for now.

Been waiting for a couple hours for a reply from Naylie asking about this. Figured I'd post up just as a precaution in case it does affect us.

chown -R us ./base

Bragon Wrote:It's so godamn mind boggling that we've beat Rathe almost a month a half ago and have done ONE worthy time raid due to major bugs, Time phase bugs, shitty turn outs and whatnot. On a different note it's amazing how our attedance was much higher when the server was on death row.I might just threaten to kill the entire hamster farm if we can't fill out a time raid soon.

/rant

I know what you mean, but I'm still not bothered by it as I'm still just so happy we're not getting shutdown in a week.

Quote:From: Naylie_DelANews
To: Utdaan
Date:03/13/2012 12:45:18
Subject:Re:Need confirmation please!
As far as I am aware EQmac will not be impacted by the EQ downtime.
Fingers crossed that she is correct!

chown -R us ./base

Looks like Naylie was correct. My trader was still online this morning. Raid on!

chown -R us ./base