Parents (Part One)
There is a tree in the Greater Faydark that is you climb it high enough, attached to the limbs with ribbons is scrolls inscribed with the names of those who have fallen in love. One wooden scroll has a faded red ribbon tying it to the trees limbs. On that scroll is inscribed, “Elamear Rainkeeper and Leopold Dragonsong forever in each others arms, never to part.”

Isios had climbed the tree several times since she was as child. Her parents had scribed this wooden scroll ages ago on the day they came together as one, parents who had disappeared so many years ago that she couldn’t remember much of them. She remembers the sound of her fathers soothing voice sending her to sleep and the beauty of her mothers silvery hair as it glittered in the sunlight, hair that she herself had inherited.

Isios was raised in the cloister by the clerics of Tunare. On this day she was embarking on a journey to find what had become of her parents. She had finally come to an age where she would be allowed to leave the cloister. Finally the High Priest had given her permission to ask how she had become part of the cloister. The High Priest had called for her early in the morning. She carefully put her armor on, a shiny green plate ensemble that all Sylvian Initiates wore. She had spent the whole night before polishing and cleaning the armor so that it shone with brilliance. Helmet in her arms she made her way to the High Priest’s hall.

The High priest stood in the middle of the hall in front of the large intricately carved wooden doors. The images of horses and trees were shined to a high gloss with years of care. He motioned her towards the doors as the were swung open with a magic of there own. Enchanted by enchanters years ago. The room was lavish with plush carpets and marble tables. Chairs carve so finely it must have taken the craftsmen years to finish just one. The high priest motioned for her to sit at the table. Isios kneeled out of respect and then sat in a seat at the side of the High Priest.

Before she said a word he began to speak, “Fifteen years ago a wood elf came to our doors. He held in his arms a small child, very young she could not of been older than two maybe three seasons. He looked at me with pleading eyes and said:

“Please watch over her, my wife and I have been called by Tunare to fight a great evil. The child has the healing touch and I know she is young but she is a fast learner.”

I took the child from his arms then and looked at her. Quite beautiful was what ran through my mind. A high elf child with hair as white as snow and eyes of violet, she would be a blessing to Tunare and you are.

“The child’s name please.” I asked of the bard who stood before me.

“Her name is Isios” His eyes watered. “I am Leopold Dragonsong, remember my name for her. Take care of her for she is my shining star. I have sung her a song of sleeping before bringing her, she will wake in about an hour. I will be back in a years time.” Tears ran down his face, he quickly kissed your forehead and ran out of the door, never to be seen again.

I watched you grow, Isios. Watched you become one of the most devout clerics of Tunare. Watched your sadness as the other children celebrated the Day of Birth with their families and you, you practiced quietly in a secluded area of the forest, becoming better each day at the healing arts. I know you harbor questions of your family. I unfortunately can answer no more. Make your way to the Plan of Knowledge, in the library there is a high elf Vicar; he will help you research our records. He knows which books may contain your family’s history. Dragonsong was once a well-known name here, a name which carried many heroes. Go child, and may Tunare protect you on your journey.”

The high priest had dismissed her, she had never been able to speak a word. She knew she would get no more help from him. Her time had come to leave the protection of the cloister. She had come of age and would now begin her journey in search of her parents.

The Spankmistress has spoken.

Eagerly awaitng Part Two!

Excellent story, Isios.

My name's Jael.. Rhymes with I YELL!  /giggle

I wonder if she'll meet her brother in part 2 =D

Elder Rhaughne "the Wang" Dragonlord

"People
can no longer cover their eyes.  If this disturbs you then walk
away.  You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of
Ten Thousand fists in the air"

I hope so =) Love the story, live the legend

Lashima, 60 Dwarven Priest

Formerly, Mishikal. 60 Undead Priest
http://wow.telenet.be/

Part Two may require a RP event to go along with it... I mean come on she is going to meet her brother for the first time...

And I should really run things through a spell check before posting... although it was done in Word first... how odd.

The Spankmistress has spoken.