A Tough Day at Work
I can't believe how political it is at work these days. All we ever seem to do is argue and try to manipulate to get what we want. No teamwork any more.

I decide I need to clear my head so I'll take a walk. I'll head over to the security department and see what they are up to.

As I stump my way to the checkpoint, I note the mud and moss building up on my feet. I frown and wonder how the heck I am going to get that clean.

I hear a wolf howling in the distance. I wish they'd do something about the wildlife around here. It's getting pretty out of control.

As I round the corner and enter the short tunnel that leads to the checkpoint, I see the source of the howling. The wolf is right in front of me.

Momentarily stunned by its proximity, I blink a few times to clear my head. It's then that I notice the wolf is not alone. It's also then that I note my temporary stun wasn't due to the wolf's surprising appearance at all.

All of these things and more can be attributed to the group of humanoids I see arrayed in front of me, some on horseback, some on foot. One particularly grim looking human standing squarely in my path wielding what looks to be a quite heavy polearm. As I size up these foes and wade into battle, I am slammed with a force of ice the size of a comet.

“This is a bad day to be a Moktor”, I think as I fade into darkness.

Vector
Temerity's Weakest Cleric

The person formerly known as Vector

ooh! ooh! We have a Moktor sympathizer among us!! Get him!!

Very funny, and unexpected!

-- Aarlo Farlo (Magelo)

/agree

Excellent short piece.

Danidianya Whitestar

Warder of Al'Kabor

Protector of Jaggedpine

Fletcher of Temerity

Danidianya