Quillmane
It was one of those days. Presto rose from his bed looking for adventure, thoughts of his epic still fresh in his mind. Only days before he had killed his first God. That day's fortunes began with the epic staff from Magi P'Tasa.

He arose from his bed and wandered around PoK looking for a tracker to help him find the elusive Quillmane, but alas, no one could be found (*cough* FU sony *cough*).

Presto wondered if the rumors about the north-south highway in the Southern Karanas were true. He had heard that many a monster travelled this highway, and if he slughtered enough of them, Quillmane might appear.

He set out for the Antonica Scion, hoping and praying the rumors were true. After waiting for what seemed like days, the portal opened up and Presto was whisked away to NK.

After getting his bearing straight, he mounted his horse and travelled south. Upon arriving in the Southern Karanas, the first thing he noticed was a dampness in the air. That dampness soon became a rain storm.

"Bah. I will never find anything through this haze," Presto said.

The journey to SK was not short, and so Presto rode south, again hope driving his cause. After reaching the start of the highway, Presto summoned his Ward of Xegony. He was still amazed a piece of malachite can summon such a powerful companion. The slughter that ensued was not for the faint of heart. Centaur, avaik, elephant, and gnoll blood coated the Karanas that morning, but still no sign of Quillmane. Not that Presto would have seen him if he were more that 50 feet away through the rain. Back and forth, along the rumored highway Presto brought an end to anything unlucky enough to wander close.

Presto was about to give up, cursing the rain, doubting the truth of the rumored highway when the clouds broke and the sun brought warmth to his heart.

Lookig around Presto could see creatures he had missed, moving quickly he dispatched a few more and looked around for more.

Could it be ? Did his eyes deceive him ? A flying white pegasus not more than 100 feet away. Yes ! It was Quillmane. Prsto sent his companion to engage Quillmane and began to cast his best nuke, but the battle was over almost as soon as it had begun.

Now the moment of truth. Presto had heard Quillmane was a rare creature, but so was the epic cloak he sought. Presto stood over the corpse, almost not wanting to search. If he didn't look, then hope was still alive.

He searched.

Tucked under he left wing was the fabled Pegasus Feather Cloak. If Presto had a god, he certainly would thanked him, but Presto knew a man's luck is not given, it is made.

I spent about 20 mins actual time in the rain killing things I could see. After the rain let up, I found Quillmane in under 2 minutes.

If any other mages are curious I will try and find the link on magecompendium about the north south highway.

I've killed him once, but he was holding out on me.

-- Aarlo Farlo (Magelo)