Velious Custom Helm Pictures
http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/08/26...m_helmets/

Wow, a double dose of ugly. Helmet graphics and old models.

OK, start flaming me.
[Image: sigpic914_1.gif]
Elder Daria Vervain - Lich Carolee Nightshade  - Sage Eraiya Meadowsweet - Sage Kylie Santolina - Sage Therma Nuclear - Venerable Lisbeth Artemisias

Rysia Wrote:Wow, a double dose of ugly. Helmet graphics and old models.

OK, start flaming me.

Old-school EQ hipster/snobbery aside, you had to be there when they launched to appreciate them. Velious textures were the cat's PJs, once upon a time.
[Image: Einstein-Sig.jpg]

Love the old Velious textures! Some of them are a bit much, but a few are just brilliant. See, e.g. the darkelf male "scale" (I can't remember if that's actually Velious Plate 1 or Velious Plate 2) armor:

[Image: darkelfxd.jpg]

Here's a link to a guy who's compiled images of all the full suits: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29595

By the way, Rysia smells of Doogles spiced rum.

The female woodelf custom helm is one of my favorite graphics in the game.
[Image: 1148.png]

Im a sucker for everything Velious. Thanks for the post Darchon.

Goggles FTW!
[Image: 1000.png]

[Image: 522.png]

Iksar female croissant ftw!
[Image: 599.png]
Lullaby - Ench / Rezinator - Cleric / Molten - Mage
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

Rysia Wrote:Wow, a double dose of ugly. Helmet graphics and old models.

OK, start flaming me.

Blasphemy!

I love the old school models and the Velious textures. It was really cool to see the "cloth" textures for several of the models that you don't see very often. The ones for dwarves and halflings are especially nice. I wish that the developers in Planes of Power and beyond had taken advantage of, and used, these more.

P.S. Does anyone know of any items that are dwarf usable that use the Velious "cloth" graphic? They'd be perfect for a bazaar trader or a stylish tradeskill mule.

Illicit Wrote:Old-school EQ hipster/snobbery aside, you had to be there when they launched to appreciate them. Velious textures were the cat's PJs, once upon a time.

Truth.

When we were playing way back when, they were the coolest thing we've ever seen.
Elder Judah, Harvester of Tares Lichen

V

I don't think i've ever seen a troll female customized helm, ever.
[Image: 587.png]
[Image: 5540.png]

I think Pithy's shaman Pouch may have one.
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

Pouch is an Ogre.
[Image: 1000.png]

[Image: 522.png]

Nydi Wrote:Pouch is an Ogre.

Derp

Frosst Wrote:P.S. Does anyone know of any items that are dwarf usable that use the Velious "cloth" graphic? They'd be perfect for a bazaar trader or a stylish tradeskill mule.
Netted Kelp armor from SG.