Problems Boxing on PC
(01-16-2017, 12:36 PM)Gumgak Wrote: I've been considering a return to TAKP for a little while, but since I'm on a Windows PC nowadays, need to find a Windows-based alternative to Spaces from Mac, so I can three-box like I used to.  Once I do though, y'all will have your Beastlord (and a druid and a bard).

hi Gumgak, the Windows client download comes with a program called HotKeyNet which is very simple to use and allows you to create shortcuts for each client you have open, so instead of having to alt-tab you can just push your designated hotkeys.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started

(01-16-2017, 01:20 PM)Bango Wrote: hi Gumgak, the Windows client download comes with a program called HotKeyNet which is very simple to use and allows you to create shortcuts for each client you have open, so instead of having to alt-tab you can just push your designated hotkeys.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started

Awesome, I'll def check it out once I'm home from work, and lookin forward to seeing yall back ingame!

Gumgak, after you download the client, in the TAKP folder you'll see a program called hotkeynet. Just open it, and then press Lctrl + f12, and it will start opening three instances of EQ. Once they are all open, you can alternate between each instance by simply using the 1,2, and 3 keys on the number pad.

If you prefer different hotkeys, just click "edit script" inside of hotkeynet and you can modify it to your heart's desire.

(01-16-2017, 01:38 PM)Tarkon Wrote: Yeah I am playing and 3-boxing just fine on my pc. Since Pithy wrote the post I have seen a few others all now in the 50's and up. If you are thinking of starting, folks can help with starter gear and leveling goes fairly quickly. It is a nice community.

I had started a few toons last year, and was in the process of 3boxing a Beastlord, Druid and Bard trio before I switched to WoW when Legion dropped...I believe I had gotten my BST to 28 and my druid and bard to 29. Had also dropped because I was used to Luclin and Velious and didn't really know any good Kunark/Vanilla leveling spots, but I'm definitely going to redouble my efforts.

(01-16-2017, 01:38 PM)Linkamus Wrote: Gumgak, after you download the client, in the TAKP folder you'll see a program called hotkeynet. Just open it, and then press Lctrl + f12, and it will start opening three instances of EQ. Once they are all open, you can alternate between each instance by simply using the 1,2, and 3 keys on the number pad.

If you prefer different hotkeys, just click "edit script" inside of hotkeynet and you can modify it to your heart's desire.

Thanks for the info, that sounds awesome! Much easier than alt-tabbing up/down/left/right.

Logged in today and got poweroftwo working but can't seem to solve a problem when I tab out. Anytime I tab out unless I am sitting it sends my toon running around. Need to figure this out or I can't play reliably. Anyone got any ideas? I'm on a pc.
[Image: 599.png]
Lullaby - Ench / Rezinator - Cleric / Molten - Mage
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

What do you have set to your auto-run key and or forward key? I've never had this issue.

Num lock for autorun and forward is just 8 on numbpad or Up arrow
of course now that I login again it seems to be working fine lol
Alts: / Celeborn - Bard / Tyrionn - Druid / Tyranno - Beastlord / Bubonic - Shadowknight / Moab - Wizard / Akasha - Necro / Thrain - Pally / Arwen - Ranger

I have never heard of this, can you use a different UI?

Just downloaded everything and getting it all set up....aside from my inability to turn off windowed mode, it works like a charm.

My current 3box setup is Gumgak (BST), Hildifons (DRU) and Sunastian (BRD).

(01-16-2017, 08:44 PM)Gumgak Wrote: Just downloaded everything and getting it all set up....aside from my inability to turn off windowed mode, it works like a charm.

Try two things:

1. Before you launch client, set WindowedMode=FALSE in your eqclient.ini
2. If that doesn't work, while in game press alt + enter (I think this only works on PC client).

(01-16-2017, 10:31 PM)Linkamus Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 08:44 PM)Gumgak Wrote: Just downloaded everything and getting it all set up....aside from my inability to turn off windowed mode, it works like a charm.

Try two things:

1. Before you launch client, set WindowedMode=FALSE in your eqclient.ini
2. If that doesn't work, while in game press alt + enter (I think this only works on PC client).

Got it solved via TAKP boards...even though WindowedMode=FALSE was input, it still remained windowed, but Alt+Enter did the trick like you said.

Can't figure out what to do to fix this. I'd like to box using hotkeynet. I followed their instructions perfectly using eqgame.exe and it will launch a fullscreen everquest window with mouse trailing which is unusable. So then I changed it to eqw.exe and i keep getting an error "Unable to find command AutoExec". It tries launching all of them and after I try to login the first it says "The instruction at 0x04c9f72c referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program."

I'd like to give takp a real try but without figuring this out I'll be stuck on p99 forever ;p Halp plox!

Did you download client V1.0 ?

If so, you shouldn't have to touch eqgame.exe. Just extract the zip file to where ever you want, and then launch hotkeynet from inside the extracted folder. Then press CTRL + F12 and it should open three instances of EQ.

Do you get an error if you try this?

Yes this was a fresh download of 1.0 I created a folder on C:\AlKabor

Script I tried
<Open C:\AlKabor\eqgame.exe patchme>
<Key Enter>

<Wait 3000>

<Open C:\AlKabor\eqgame.exe patchme>
<Key Enter>

<Wait 3000>

<Open C:\AlKabor\eqgamew.exe patchme>
<Key Enter>
Results in the gigantic text full screen with mouse trailing BS so I changed to
<Open C:\AlKabor\eqw.exe patchme>
<Key Enter>

<Wait 3000>

<Key Enter>

<Wait 3000>

<Key Enter>
Results in that "The instruction at 0x04c9f72c referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program."

Ok mark as resolved I used the original Script file instead of the one the guide tells you to alter and it seems to work, box 3 crashed when i got to charselect but all 3 instances loaded.