Looking for some groups!
Hello!

I've been playing a lot with Tigree lately and am looking to get to know a few more folks. I've been lucky enough to hang out with a couple of you, but am always looking to play with others whenever I'm on. Ziva pointed me toward the Fnord channel, so I'd be happy to broadcast myself there as well!

Anyway, a bit about me. I have:

Syphie, 58 Barb Bst
Jessies, 55 DE Clr
Ripwind, 54 DE Enc
Year, 53 Vah Brd
Sicca, 51 HE Mag

I'm happy playing pretty much whatever class, but my normal trio is the Bst/Clr/Enc.

I started playing here around 2 years ago after leaving Project 1999. I played a 60 mage there, Year Wasted, in what (at the time) was the top raiding guild that woke the Sleeper - Rampage. I played on Live up until around the LDON/OOW era before playing Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft. I was in Destiny up until recently, and had taken a long (year'ish) break due to having a baby around the house. Things have calmed down a bit more and my playtime has opened up again, so I'm usually able to dedicate time between 8p-12a CT.

Anyhow, hope to see you all in game!

-Rip

(04-10-2018, 12:48 PM)Ripwind Wrote: Hello!

I've been playing a lot with Tigree lately and am looking to get to know a few more folks. I've been lucky enough to hang out with a couple of you, but am always looking to play with others whenever I'm on. Ziva pointed me toward the Fnord channel, so I'd be happy to broadcast myself there as well!

Anyway, a bit about me. I have:

Syphie, 58 Barb Bst
Jessies, 55 DE Clr
Ripwind, 54 DE Enc
Year, 53 Vah Brd
Sicca, 51 HE Mag

I'm happy playing pretty much whatever class, but my normal trio is the Bst/Clr/Enc.

I started playing here around 2 years ago after leaving Project 1999. I played a 60 mage there, Year Wasted, in what (at the time) was the top raiding guild that woke the Sleeper - Rampage. I played on Live up until around the LDON/OOW era before playing Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft. I was in Destiny up until recently, and had taken a long (year'ish) break due to having a baby around the house. Things have calmed down a bit more and my playtime has opened up again, so I'm usually able to dedicate time between 8p-12a CT.

Anyhow, hope to see you all in game!

-Rip

Nice to see your app!  I have been hanging around in Seb (as you know) trying to lvl my shaman/mage.  Feel free to group with me anytime.

Not to be picky, but does this count as an app ?
Neea Cleric
Zneea Wizardess
Gnomeo Gnome

Welcome to the boards, Syphie.

Neea Wrote:Not to be picky, but does this count as an app ?

No, Neea. But we encourage people who are interested in getting to know us, or who may want to apply but don't have two sponsors, to post an introduction like this one so that we know to keep an eye out for them.
Gadzooks

Yep! I don't have two sponsors yet, so I'm just trying to get to know folks. Smile

I think we may have crossed paths in Najena!!

Welcome back Smile
[Image: Marie.jpg]

Nice!  I was in Rampage for a brief stint, played on live with Hokushin (Faluzar)

I was in Rampage as well for a brief spell. I played a Troll Shaman named Boopty. I knew Speedi from EQLive.

I was friends with Fasttimes, who actually brought me here. He recruited me to Inglorious Bastards from Azure Guard. I knew Hoku and Speedi too, of course. Both great guys. I'm not surprised Hoku decided to hang it up (unless he's back now?) after they woke the Sleeper.

I was thinking this morning about how much I don't miss things like face tracking (staring at a mobs spawn point for hours on end) and CotH races (sitting on a mage ducking CotH casts every couple seconds for hours on end). That stuff totally ruins the EQ experience.

If you are on in the est/am/weekdays I am usually around - Zyzzix/faultsy/riskabear/faults/defaults - just ask in alliance and I'll likely respond.

Who were you in IB?

(04-15-2018, 01:37 PM)Miyamoto Wrote: Who were you in IB?

I was Year Wasted, a DE Mage. On Project 1999 that is, I wasn't there for the incarnation of IB on AK.

(04-15-2018, 12:11 PM)Ripwind Wrote: CotH races (sitting on a mage ducking CotH casts every couple seconds for hours on end). That stuff totally ruins the EQ experience.

Now I'm curious, what was so time sensitive that it required interrupting COH casts for hours?
TAKP: Cadsuane (Nec) / Cadsuaney/Cadtana/Cadoknight/Encadnter
AK: the original Cadsuane

(04-15-2018, 05:53 PM)Cadsuane Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 12:11 PM)Ripwind Wrote: CotH races (sitting on a mage ducking CotH casts every couple seconds for hours on end). That stuff totally ruins the EQ experience.

Now I'm curious, what was so time sensitive that it required interrupting COH casts for hours?

Well, the raid rules were such that you could only have one person "Face tracking" (as in, actually looking at the spawn point) to avoid having full raid forces waiting for repops. So what guilds would do is have mages who are the trackers for, say, Trak. Whoever gets FTE (first to engage) gets the mob. So, if the raid target was in-window (the respawn window, which had hours of variance) you'd have entire buffed raid forces logged out at the zone in. You'd have another anchor group with the mage, probably a tank, and some other support folks and everyone but the mage is at the ZI. The mage CotH's the person trying to FTE, and they go to engage. Now multiple this scenario by however many guilds are also trying to get this mob - likely at least 2, maybe 3 or 4. So you duck the casts to not only not waste mana, but you're casting it because every second counts.

And yes, that is all exactly as ridiculous as it sounds and was 100% true at the time I was raiding there. They eventually banned that type of engagement.

CotH ducking was mostly relevant on outdoor dragons like Talendor, Severilous, Gorenaire and Faydedar where you were allowed to aggro them and then pull them to the zoneline to be killed.

All of these pills take several minutes so your guild had time to log in and Group up. All that mattered for these kills was being the first one to aggro the dragon. Which is why CotH ducking started to be a thing.

Eventually people also used corpses and rez boxes at these dragons among other stupid things.