Application: Breadward Blastomancer, Wizard, Blood Guard Refugee
Heart 
1. Who are your sponsors? (You must have two, they must have agreed to do it, and they must be full members.)
Ophie, Howlinmad, and Tuuna.

2. How do you know each of your sponsors?
Ophie- We met while we were both standing around DB looking sweet. We became trauma bonded while working on Aid Grimel.
Howlinmad- Definitely not poaching, that's for sure. Mostly linking silly Luclin quest items to each other.
Tuuna- We were in BG together.

3. What is the name, level, race and class of your primary main character? Paste in the link to your TAKP magelo.
Breadward Blastomancer, 65, Gnome, Wizard

4. What is your handle on the TAKP forums?
PizzaForThePeople

5. List your shrink and EB items, as well as your means of casting gate, invis, and levitate if applicable. Do you have an insta-clicky?
  • Shrink: Gnome racial ability
  • EB:Waterlogged Boots
  • Gate: Wizard powers.
  • Invis: Wizard powers.
  • Levitate: Wizard powers.
  • Instant clickies: Eye of Innoruuk and Tflux staff.
6. What alts do you have (name/class/level)?
None worth mentioning.

7. What time zone do you live in, and what is your typical play schedule? 
EST. I typically play after 8pm. I have two young children and bed time is serious business. My daytime play schedule is much less rigid. I'm a mathematician and I work from home full time.

8. How long have you played on TAKP?
20 months.

9. Where and when have you played EQ prior to TAKP? If you played on Al'Kabor, tell us your character names, when you were active, and what guild(s) you were in.
I played live on and off from 1999 to early 2001. I played on P99 Blue four or five years ago, but never did any raiding.

10. Have you been in other guilds on TAKP? If so, why did you leave?
Blood Guard. I left because they merged with Paragon and I cannot make the new raid times.

11. Describe your previous EQ raiding experience. What classes have you played on raids?
I've raided exclusively as a single-box Wizard. I was pretty bad when I started out. There is a reason why 'doing a Deadward' became a BG meme. I am proud of this.

12. Why do you want to join Temerity?
One of the things I liked most about BG was the common desire to play the game at the highest level you could. We didn't have the luxury of numbers or years of farming Luclin, yet we were still the third guild to break into Plane of Time. It wasn't enough to just be good at the game for us to progress, we had to play as best as we possibly could. Temerity has a reputation for being efficient and skilled. I don't know that I'll ever be able to fully recreate what we had in BG, but I think (and hope) that Temerity  is the closest approximation to what I enjoyed most about BG.

For not being guildies, the members of Temerity have had an outsized influence on my TAKP experience. When I first started, I used MGB Legacy of Bracken from Darchon to farm everything I needed to complete my noob armor set- I'm pretty sure I pulled every mob in Steamfont. The only reason I did those quests was so that I could collect the 10k gp bounty from Foxboxxer. Sarafelle has answered so many of my wizard questions. I wouldn't have finished AG without the help of Ophie and the moral support of Neea. I still use the Di'zok escape staff that Zyzzix gave me when I first started. I've definitely never seen Howlinmad poaching. Not once.

Finally, you do not use voice chat for raid communication. It's not enough that we're already playing a super niche version of a 24 year old elf-simulator-- You use text chat for raid comms. I appreciate the dedication to recreating the original AK experience as closely as possible.

13. What do you expect out of EverQuest -- why do you play?
The game is fun. EQ scratches a particular itch that no other game has been able to. I think playing on TAKP is also a way to experience something that I felt I missed out on. I didn't have a ton of time to play games as a kid.

14. Anything else you want us to know?
BG doesn't officially merge with Paragon until 4/26/2023. The last official BG raid is 4/25/2023. I'd like to keep my Blood Guard tag until then. I am posting my application right now because my kids are sleeping and I don't want to forget about it.

I was gifted a Bracelet of Friendship by Howlinmad.

Quote:[Tue Aug 16 13:34:52 2022] Smudge tells the group, 'wtb breadward in tem'

Welcome to the boards, Breadward!
Gadzooks

Glad to see your official app! Welcome!

Looks like you were...#53 to dance on the balcony since I had started keeping track!

Happy to third sponsor this blasting fool if he needs one. Breadward is good people. Welcome aboard sir!

(04-23-2023, 02:00 PM)Breadward Wrote: Ophie, Howlinmad

Ooof. With sponsors like that...

At least you have Tuuna

(04-23-2023, 03:03 PM)Ravenwing Wrote: Welcome to the boards, Breadward!

Thank you!

(04-23-2023, 04:27 PM)Foxboxx Wrote: Looks like you were...#53 to dance on the balcony since I had started keeping track!

A prime number! Truly auspicious.

(04-23-2023, 05:59 PM)Tuuna Wrote: Happy to third sponsor this blasting fool if he needs one. Breadward is good people. Welcome aboard sir!

<3

(04-23-2023, 06:33 PM)Saenayil Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 02:00 PM)Breadward Wrote: Ophie, Howlinmad

Ooof. With sponsors like that...

At least you have Tuuna

Breadward is for the people.

ooooh tasty gnome !!!!!
[65 Overlord] Orgrim Doomhammer, Marshall of the Oggok Army <Temerity>

Filthy alts :: Adranath :: Agelmar :: Aithne :: Callain :: Daise :: Edmund :: Glasgian :: Janduin :: Katerine :: Katran :: Mieze :: Neysa :: Pantro :: Rathe :: Tishan :: Trulla ::

Solid foreshadowing from Ophie in 2022. 

Welcome to the boards!

I see Gnome, I do a /like
Lurari, Holy Mini-Knight of Brell // Formerly Lurari, Feral Lord. // Once Luluri, Nature Warden // Nickname Lulu

Welcome Breadward.
Tarkon - Rogue
Tarkonia - Cleric
Siman - Enchanter
Member of Temerity

Welcome to the forums! Look forward to meeting u in game
Lich NarkElder HempExarch Tart Plus - More - Bonus - Lite
Elder Hemper (RIP)

(04-23-2023, 10:09 PM)Orgrim Wrote: ooooh tasty gnome !!!!!

[Image: 4uT6VjQ.png]

I am definitely an Ogre and not a gnome.

It was good to see you last night in PoFire and PoWater on the raid.  I look forward to seeing in game.

Ogre Wizard best wizard!
[65 Overlord] Orgrim Doomhammer, Marshall of the Oggok Army <Temerity>

Filthy alts :: Adranath :: Agelmar :: Aithne :: Callain :: Daise :: Edmund :: Glasgian :: Janduin :: Katerine :: Katran :: Mieze :: Neysa :: Pantro :: Rathe :: Tishan :: Trulla ::