Connection issues...
So, while grouping last night I suddenly got a tremendous amount of consistent packet loss, verging on the edge of LD. This is the first time I've seen more then an occassional 4% spike.<br /><br />Anyway, the issue is continuing this morning. I even have serious trouble getting the game open at all. I tried to run the complete file check and got a "Not Responding" Force Quit.<br /><br />Finally got in game, but the packet loss was consistently around 30 to 60 percent. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have a possible fix?<br /><br />Is this the beginning of the end for my EQ experience on the Mac?<br />

<center><div class="QuotedForumText" style="width: 90%;text-align: left;"><hr><b>quote:</b><br><br>So, while grouping last night I suddenly got a tremendous amount of consistent packet loss, verging on the edge of LD. This is the first time I've seen more then an occassional 4% spike.

Anyway, the issue is continuing this morning. I even have serious trouble getting the game open at all. I tried to run the complete file check and got a "Not Responding" Force Quit.

Finally got in game, but the packet loss was consistently around 30 to 60 percent. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have a possible fix?

Is this the beginning of the end for my EQ experience on the Mac?
<hr></div></center>

this is more a problem with your ISP and not the EQ servers

I start with your ISP and seee if they having problems like some dork digging where he not soppose to be, or someone hit a pole and they splice the wires back and screw the job up<br /><br /><br /><b>
<font size="4" color="blue" face="Tahoma">Duke Build Maplewood <br>Lord Protector <br>
KNIGHT OF THUNDER<br><br></font>

<font size="5" color="red" face="Tahoma">GM SMITH 241</font><b>
<br><br>

<a target="foobar" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=743688&resize=true"><b><u>(BUILD)</u></b></a>

My day with EQ keeps getting better and better!<br /><br />Now, I start the program, I get to the "cheking for self update" part, I see the spinning pin wheel... then... BLAM... Fatal Connection Errors!<br /><br />And the program goes away...<br /><br />Thing is, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING has changed in my configuration, and every other Internet based application runs just fine!<br /><br />This is getting just a little frustrating.

Okay...<br /><br />I called Cox... no downtime or cuts or repairs in the line that would affect my connection.<br /><br />I checked all of the settings in my system, ran a diagnostic on the hardware, checked my router FIVE times, and reset everything, just to be safe... and still no joy.<br /><br />I deleted everything for EQ, reran the installer and tried to launch the LP program... still get a Fatal Error...<br /><br />I DLed the new OS X update, reran the EQ installer, launched the LP program... and got another Fatal Error.<br /><br />Everything else on the system works... Safari connects with no rpoblem to the net... I can run Yahoo, AIM, and FireFox with NO hassles...<br /><br />I simply do not know whatis going on at this point... but, I am completely locked out from playing EQ... and I can't seem to get any help from SOE. So, unless soemone has a suggestion... I guess it's going to be a while before I see any of you in game.<br />

<center><div class="QuotedForumText" style="width: 90%;text-align: left;"><hr><b>quote:</b><br><br>Did you create a new user account on osx and install EQ fresh on the new acount, This worked for me in the past.<hr></div></center>

I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.<br />

Did you create a new user account on osx and install EQ fresh on the new acount, This worked for me in the past.<br /><br /><br />Kris

62 Rogue
<A TARGET="foobar" HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=894006"><U>MAGELO</u></a></u>

Well... I have been working on figuring out what is going on with my EQ since eraly this morning.<br /><br />I tried Kris' suggestion, that didn't really work.<br /><br />I talked to Gnatzilla and followed some advice from him, that didn't work.<br /><br />I had someone log in to my account and move Kayne from his zone, that didn't help.<br /><br />SO... I finally tried the unimaginable...<br /><br />I called SOE's technical support line!<br /><br />According to "Shawn", they are currently tracking an issue with Cox cable modem subscribers that is causing issue for PC and Mac users trying to log into game.<br /><br />They expect the issue to be resolved with the "next few days."<br /><br />So, I might get to play again this weekend... LOL<br /><br />Have fun.<br />

Yeah Cox has begun closing ports in an attempt to increase network flow. Maybe they should not over sell their network.<br /><br /><br />_______________________________________________<br><br><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=768984">Can Dual Wield AND carry a dozen donuts.</a><em>- <br></em><br>Give up that bitter black urine men call coffee. Ahh. Java devil, you are now my bitch.<br>--- <em><strong>The Tick<br></strong></em><br><a href="http://www.thetick.ws/wavs/lep1/comprehend.wav">Tick sound bite</a><br><br><br>