Treehuggers Unite! (copied from eqmac.com post)
Last night, two very bored treehuggers decided to become un-bored (is there such a word? :p ) and test ourselves against one of the terrors of the Umbral Plains............
Zelnithak!

Dwin and I have teamed up on many a Kunark dragon and even Wuoshi, but nothing of this magnitude.
Zelnithak has about 225k hp's, flurrys (a special attack that lets him hit many times in that one attack), and has a couple of spells that he likes to throw around;

Rumbling Earth
PB AE 200', Magic (0)
1: Stun(6.00 sec)

Umbral Rot
PB AE 300', Disease (0)
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 350

but mostly....a crapload of hit points!

The best thing about pulling some mobs in UP is that most other creatures wont assist, so Zel was pulled solo with no problems. I tossed a few aggro spells on it so Dwin wouldn't get heal aggro, equipped Earthcaller, and settled in for a long fight. Slow procced within the first 30 sec of the fight and since I kept EC equipped, it never dropped. We did think we bit off more than we could chew when Dwin tells me "Mana not keeping up...70m" when Zel was still at 86%. I was thinking..ok...maybe I can start pushing Zel towards the ME zoneline to make an escape.
However, Dwin always comes up with the right plans...

Dwin tells you, 'I could stop using DoTs...' Rolleyes

Well anyways, about 15 - 20 min later we had this to show for our efforts!

[Image: treehugger1.jpg]

Dropped
[Image: Blackbone_Fists.jpg]
[Image: Bracelet_of_Sense.jpg]
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Woot! Grats guys!
~~~ On Indefinite Hiatus ~~~
Huntress Kelluae Shadetree, Forest Stalker
Alts: Lanfear - Ella - Graendel - Shassa - Ondott - Sanika
Trader: Korra

WoW Alter Ego:
Illyx, Draenei Shaman

Hell yeah, huggers.
Baditude the Rogue

Old AK character - Deadbolt Lockdown the Shadowknight

Very cool. You guys are an inspiration!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ZELNITHAK LIVES

Umbral Plains -- Leaning back against a tree, quietly smoking a filtered cigarette, the giant Zelnithak looked up resignedly. "I had to do it. I needed the money."

It had been reported earlier that the formidable denizen of the Umbral Plains had been taken down by a mere ranger and his pint-sized co-hort.

"Look, I've got worries like everyone else. I've got mouths to feed, and the..." (he pauses to take another drag on the cigarette). "Let's just say the wife's credit card isn't gathering any dust any time soon."

Apparently, the photo circulating around Norath is a phony.

"Yeah, I posed for it. Like I said, I needed the plat. Besides, I miss the good old days; Temerity would be here, we'd kick back a few, toss some punches. For a while, I'd take a few of 'em down. Nowadays, they hit those sluts in VT. With all them arms and stuff. Blech. Man, those were the days...."

He takes another drag, drops the cigarette and stomps it out with a giant hoof.

"Hey, it isn't all bad", Zelnithak said. "I've heard from Freeport, and they are thinking about bringing me in for a cabaret gig. They liked my work, and think I might have a future in entertainment."

So, this once proud Keeper of the Umbral Plains, coming live to you from Freeport. How the times have changed.

Wow, awesome work guys! [Image: cheers.gif]
• Socratus Wittgenstein - Retired.
• Zinovya - Human Cleric...err...Holy Paladin
• Dominica - Draenei Mage
Shield of Azeroth, Alleria

And there’s a hand my trusty friend!  And gives a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll take a right good-will draught, for auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne,
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

grats guys

lol Faean that's awesome -- HEY, come back and play more!
TAKP: Styx (shd), Kythers (wiz), Kynn (mag), Kyth (not a cleric),
AK: Kyth, Killer of Gods and Tanks, retired officer of Temerity

Now that I'm done moving and have my internet back, I thought I'd post a couple shots from the fight.

Here we are mid-fight, and Zelnithak seems to have a confused look, wondering where the rest of the raid force went.
[Image: fight19qz.jpg]

When we got close to the end, I thought about letting Utdaan die so I could claim to have "soloed" Zel. Of course I'd have to be very careful not to get dead myself, and it just didn't seem worth the risk. Instead I just decided to go for the killshot.
[Image: killshot0or.jpg]

And here's my version of the corpse shot, without those silly horses or hi-rez models getting in the way.
[Image: corpse7fi.jpg]
Elder Dwin Gamgee <Temerity>

So who is the president on your ticket fellas? Dwin as Pres and Ut as VP?

Edit: Oh yeah, gratz you two. Temerity used to wipe on that dude. Funny to think of it happening that way now.