Have you checked your PoP flags today?
Absolutely every single person in the guild who did not get a Bert flag before needs to verify in the next week that their Seer information looks correct.

If you do not know how to do this, don't just ignore it and hope it's okay.

Go to neg 40, neg 200 in PoK (it's a building near the soulbinder, same one as the barb who has invis potions. Building 22 on the eqatlas map.) Tell her "unlock memories" a few time, WHILE sitting, NOT invis, and then tell her "guided meditation."

edit: yes yes yes, you might not have *other* flags listed on this screenshot, or you might have some flags not listed here, but it doesn't matter. the two highlighted phrases are what matters.

If you see this message below, your flagging is not done. You need to finish your Grummus flag by hailing Elder Fuirstel in Sickbay.

TAKP: Styx (shd), Kythers (wiz), Kynn (mag), Kyth (not a cleric),
AK: Kyth, Killer of Gods and Tanks, retired officer of Temerity

I take it those are not Kyth's flags?
Nikolai Lianfyrr,
Khati Sha Feral Lord

I used Dwin.

Kyth has Bert so couldn't be used for the screenshot, and I didn't want to just mock something up in photoshop.

The "flags not finished" shot is a subset of Nolan's flags.

Kyth Wrote:I used Dwin.

and how is his recovery going??
Danidianya Whitestar
Warder of Al'Kabor
Protector of Jaggedpine

Danidianya

I've been used!!! On the other hand, seeing my flags listed as the "good" example means that I don't have to run around doing any more hailing.

And thanks again for running me in there for that flag, even if it meant that I had to change my password from "FKythTheDorf" to something more friendly.
Elder Dwin Gamgee <Temerity>

FKythTheSkirtWearer is NOT what I'd call more friendly!!!!

I've got those two phrases Smile

Yet another flagging guide but I found it very clear and you can't be too clear on this subject.

http://www.lozzle.com/eq/pop-flagging.htm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sticky this post or link!
Druin Wrathbearer
Archon of Underfoot
Leopold
Bard of Mischief
(for those times when time is short)

Contrary to Popular belief,
/who all guild druin
Will NOT return a list of the guild's 9 casting, tunare loving, tree hugging priests.

Kyth Wrote:EQ goes better when Druin logs in.

it's in the news section Tongue.

and honestly, folks need to learn to manage their pop flags -- seriously. otherwise all your officers are going to quit in frustration.

we can't baby people along with every single flagging combination. This is just a big one that we want to verify before the next few Bert runs, since SolRo is so tantalizingly close.

I'm sorry, I don't see how posting information on a complicated matter is being babied along or not learning how to manage flags.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You haven't seen the multiple PM's I've gotten from folks asking me to read through screenshots of their characters or to log them in and check their flags for them then, have you? That is the people to whom my post was directed, not those who take the time to talk to the Seer, and who only speak up if they can't figure it out by reading.

There's a lot of resources on the web for understanding what the flags mean. Many have been posted here. Many have been linked.

We (the officers) know precisely as much about it as you do, and really the best thing is to use those if you have a weird flagging situation and then to come to the guild if you're still confused. We don't have any seekrit info we haven't told you guys.

People will have different combinations of flags.

Asking the officers to deal with explaining 80 different people's flags to them individually using the tools available to those people every time a flagging situation changes really is not scalable or sustainable -- not if you want to keep your friendly neighborhood raidleader from tearing their hair out Tongue.

Avelyn Wrote:I'm sorry, I don't see how posting information on a complicated matter is being babied along or not learning how to manage flags.

It's not. I just think the officers don't want to be responsible for making sure that every single person has taken every step they need to take in order to get flagged, and running around trying to make sure we all have a PoJ trial and all the preflags that we should. But providing the information here on what's needed, and how to get the preflags in some clear posts is a good thing (provided that people read the posts! :p )

I think that having a variety of different guides linked on planar flagging is useful because each site approaches it a little differently. Some of them are more clear to certain people than others. By reading these various guides, we're all learning a bit more about our own flags, and what we still need.
• Socratus Wittgenstein - Retired.
• Zinovya - Human Cleric...err...Holy Paladin
• Dominica - Draenei Mage
Shield of Azeroth, Alleria

And there’s a hand my trusty friend!  And gives a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll take a right good-will draught, for auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne,
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

Fair enough Kyth. I thought your comments were directed at me as they followed my post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's what I get for not quoting or clarifying.

It was to Druin's "sticky" comment which I read as being for this post (in scrolling back, I realize he may have meant your link. I can add your link to the collected pop resources thread that's linked in the doc index.) And suggested to me that I was setting an expectation of posting screenshots of every single flag combination (that post, combined with the 3 PM's I got today requesting personalized flag interpretation.)

Yeah, PoP flagging is annoyingly obscure and sucks.

Yeah, it's confusing. You should see the officers just trying to figure out simple things like what we have to kill to get what flags Wink.

But once you spend a bit of time with it, you 'get' it, and this is our life for the rest of EQ. People need to be willing to take charge of understanding their own flags, of getting preflags, and of getting flags done that they need. There really isn't anything more that we can do as officers that will make this substantially easier.

Unfortunately.

I'd say be glad that Sony went with less obscure solutions in later expansions but, umm, we don't care Wink.