Treehuggers confirm Tier 1 !
Last night, The Treehuggers decided it's been far too long since they last dispatched a Tier 1 mob (Gorenaire) so we set our sights on Karnor's Castle and Venril Sathir.

Now VS is a tricky fight because he processes a lifetap to the tune of 1500 hp's which can quickly ruin your day. Unless you can overcome that lifetap with DPS and heals, you may just fight to a stalemate...or worse. Many raids go in and use an enchanter to chain rune on the main tank to help with combating the proc. If he doesn't hit you, he doesn't proc the lifetap. The only other way is to have your magic resistance insanely high in order to resist or partially resist that lifetap. We decided to use option 2.

Now, normally you would see the ranger act as the MT in our guild but Dwin is a scrappy assling...er....druid. He also has around 424MR to my 300ish. We decided that he would have the best chance of resisting the lifetaps, allowing me to deal some wicked DPS on Venril's backside.

We cleared in and Dwin pulled VS into our fight area. Like a good MT, he wanted to build up enough aggro to overcome my tearing VS a new...er...orifice. Kill call made, I let him have it with both bowstrings and popped Trueshot.

Venril Sathir died before TS faded. Big Grin

[Image: vskill1zl3.jpg]

Dropped:
Cobalt Greaves (in picture)
Shissar Nullifler Staff
Gnarled Staff (Wizard epic drop)
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Grats guys

nice work. any estimate on hps?
[Image: 773.png]

When I WotW tank him he gets maybe 15 'rounds' in, for a round i call that 4 hits, then I cast rune, so 60 times I will do ~ 700 damage to him, roughly. Haven't killed him in a while though, so it might be a bit different. 50k HP seems like a not too unreasonable number of HPs for a mob.

Ok I'm confused, are we having another "unknown guild" name switch?

Karili, 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Aslana, 50-something Erudite Enchanter

Treehuggers = rangers / druids. If that's what you are referring to.

Well ya, but it sure looks like that's their guild name in the pic. Unless that was photoshopped in?

Karili, 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Aslana, 50-something Erudite Enchanter

Ummm...yeah that was photoshopped in. Look at the fonts. See how the edges of their names are all blurry, but the edges of the guild tags are crisply defined? :p
~~~ On Indefinite Hiatus ~~~
Huntress Kelluae Shadetree, Forest Stalker
Alts: Lanfear - Ella - Graendel - Shassa - Ondott - Sanika
Trader: Korra

WoW Alter Ego:
Illyx, Draenei Shaman

Karili didn't have on her glasses, me thinks. Tongue
Rheyn O'Seelen [Barbarian Prophet of the 65th rite](retired)
Alternates:
Onyanka D`Ssussun [Dark Elf Cleric of the 31st rung] & Nana [Halfling Druid of the 12th circle]
[Image: th_Bronies-tolerateandlove.jpg]

Ithilian Wrote:Treehuggers = rangers / druids. If that's what you are referring to.
Treehuggers is the "guild" that Dwin and I formed a while back when we started duo killing all the old raid mobs starting with Lodizal. We're just crazy like that. Big Grin

Confirmed kills:

Tier 0
Lodizal
Severilous
Talendor
Wuoshi
Kelorek`Dar
Zelnithak

Tier 1
Gorenaire
Venril Sathir
[Image: cUfeQ.jpg]

Wulfgar 52 Warrior....frolicking in PoFire!

chown -R us ./base
[Image: 1874700.png]
[Image: 3656981.png]

Utdaan didn't mention our first few attempts, which were lessons in how much of a pain that lifetap is.

Attempt 1: Utdaan tanks, I heal. This is our standard way of killing things; as long as I can keep up heals, Ut will whittle anything down. Unfortuantely, our DPS wasn't keeping up with the lifetaps. Every time VS would get down to 97% or so, he'd lifetap right back up to 100%. My mana was staying about full, so we weren't in any danger of dying, we just weren't making any progress. After 10 minutes of so without making a dent in VS, we just ported out.

Attempt 2: Hoping that my higher MR and Utdaan's higher DPS with a bow will help, I decide to tank this time. Unfortunately, trueshot was wasted due to my bad positioning, and even regular bow dps couldn't match the lifetap. We were putting a bigger dent in VS, but he kept tapping back to full eventually.

Attempt 3: Burn! We realized that we had to kill VS before trueshot wore off, so mana conservation went out the window. I got VS nicely centered in the room to avoid the usual "ranger whining" and ditched CH for spot heals + nukes. Victory!
Elder Dwin Gamgee <Temerity>

Are you telling me your nukes landed on him?

Pulled him with Hand of Ro then hit him with Immolation of Ro. I think it took about 2 casts each to get those to land, but then his FR was debuffed by 107, and nukes did okay.

Wowza, I can never land spells on him, I tash, and mala, and can't land magic or fire, sinia will never land.

I'd guess I was still having half my fire nukes at least paritally resisted, but at least nuking was doing some good. I forgot to log the fight, so I can't say exactly.

I've never gotten a MR based spell to land on him, so I'm not surprised you can't get Malosinia in. My advantage is that druid FR debuffs are all FR based, so I never need to touch his crazy MR.